Dangerous Tech Traps

alexqd3

[08] Mercenary
To Compliment Offbeat's Thread, in this thread we will list dangerous tech trap to watch out for with each character.

Apprentice:
1B, Tech 2 A+B laucher.

Xianghua:
33K, Tech in any direction free crouch grab attempt

2B+G, JF B+K, 4A+B, Tech, she gets another crouch grab attempt. Will go on forever if you keep teching.

4K, Tech Crouch Grab

6K, Tech, Crouch Grab

2A+K, Tech, Crouch Grab

CH 3A,K, Tech, Crouch Grab

44K,B Tech Crouch Grab

*Special Thanks to A_Bad_Idea*

Ill add more as you guys post. Let the Evo Cram Training begin!

probably nightmare, he has a good number of tech and anti tech traps, check out his thread

his signature tech trap is CH WS , NSS A+B, 66B (catches all direction for most characters, there are some exceptions though)

Nightmare: FC A+G > 33B
You can actually standup and block this, i.e. pressing G late. Other characters can tech to avoid on one side.

He's got a handful of other traps as well, but I don't feel like regurgitating the Nightmare guide.

Anyways, I wouldn't say that these are dangerous, but here are some other random ones from other characters off the top of my head:

Amy: 3B > 3BA
the second 3B combos and the A combos and tech catches.

Siegfried: OTG 1AA or a+k:A2A_A (can't remember which one)
after first hit on grounded opponent, the second hit tech catches.

Rock: OTG B+K (stun) > 4A+B (BANGOO!!!)
resets combo scaling and leads to another ground throw attempt

lizardman- none.

no but seriously he doesnt really have any that i would call dangerous. in most cases you are giving up good guaranteed damage to use the tech trap which in most cases is comparable to what you would have done in the first place.

the ones i feel are worth mentioning are

22B(neutral tech) 3B 33A+B- ive seen this used frequently for people who hold guard after getting hit by things.

22K(tech) 1K
these two are dangerous because the 1K can ring you out if you are near the edge.
22A CH(tech) 1K

yeah thats pretty much it for liz.

Talim has 3 useful tech traps imo.

After CH 4B,B 66A+B is a tech trap Forward and backward. You need to roll sideways to escape it.

After CH 3B 1A tech traps in all direction (Shen Yu commentary: UNLESS THAT MOTHERFUCKER CAN TELEPORT!)

After 66A AS A tech traps in all directions and hits grounded aswell. So it's a mix of a tech-trap and a combo.

But most of the time it is wise to stay on the ground anyway since Talim's oki game isn't that good.

Astaroth B command grab > 66[K] does a ton of damage if it catches you, but if you stay down it misses entirely. Make sure not to tech carelessly after his B command grab.

nearly all characters got tech trap of some sort just gotta find them....

Rock needs his tech traps

Mitsu and cass got some good ones as well

-LAU

Zas:

66K -> 3AB
-Probably his only useful tech trap because it catches all. Too bad it's off such a useless move.

33B4 -> 33B4_WSB_FC3B_66B+K
-Strong, but I'd be shocked if you ever saw these used.

2[B+K] -> 66B+K
-Extremely rare.

Astaroth B command grab > 66[K] does a ton of damage if it catches you, but if you stay down it misses entirely. Make sure not to tech carelessly after his B command grab.

^^ True story. But if you stay down, you can catch a 22K, 22B which hurts pretty bad too.. It's a damned of you do, damned if you don't situation. Best thing to do is get up immediately and block low if you know it's coming.

His 44A, A-B, 22K, 22B is INSANELY dangerous too. ALOT of players try to duck the 44A cause it looks like a high... Damage reset if you tech for the 22K, 22B. Replace the 44A with a B command grab and the tech trap combo is even more lethal.

here is my latest and greatest tech trap with algol.... just sayin!

1B~2A+B~aB~88A~aB(hit this fast...)
then i usualy follow uip with ~22_88B~2A+B~A+B if they are near a wall.... its another tech.... anyways have fun! er- i mean... watch out for this while fighting bubble king!

NOTE:
remmember specificaly 88A, for some reason 22A doest work.... keep in mind...

Bah, since Cedric has already posted my tech trap's list I'll give you Hilde's most "painful" one

CH FC C3AKA (56 dmg) slight delay for the trap then C3B doom for 106 dmg.

Im sorry, I'm kinda new to the game. What is a tech trap?

From this thread (which you should read if you haven't already):

"Tech(thanks to Kowtow, ojste, and Jaytech):

Tech is just getting up quicker when you get knocked down, time it as you hit the ground.

Wall tech is gone, but to tech off the ground simply hit guard, and the direction you want to tech in. Guard alone will make you tech straight up, back will tech farther backwards, left and right will move you that way, and leave you in crouch for a very short period.

As far as when to use it, depends on the situation. A lot of characters have some "tech traps" which are situations where they can get in extra hits if you tech in the wrong direction. Most of this can be found in the specific soul arenas, but actually putting it to use in your defensive game will just take experience. Basically if you tech, and get hit, next time you get knocked down in that same way, don't tech or tech a different direction.

the most effective time to tech is when it will avoid damage that would of hit you had you stayed on the ground, but like kowtow said you have to be careful of tech traps as certain characters have specific moves, which can be used to hit you whilst you're teching.

you basically need to learn what your options are in different situations and decide for yourself and if its a 50/50 situation then you just gotta guess.

especially in sc4 techtraps can lead to re-launch situations, which mean more damage.

sometimes it's just wiser to take the ground damage and get up without delay."

you can test your tech traps in training mode-- the option is called Ukemi.

From this thread (which you should read if you haven't already):

"Tech(thanks to Kowtow, ojste, and Jaytech):

Tech is just getting up quicker when you get knocked down, time it as you hit the ground.

Wall tech is gone, but to tech off the ground simply hit guard, and the direction you want to tech in. Guard alone will make you tech straight up, back will tech farther backwards, left and right will move you that way, and leave you in crouch for a very short period.

As far as when to use it, depends on the situation. A lot of characters have some "tech traps" which are situations where they can get in extra hits if you tech in the wrong direction. Most of this can be found in the specific soul arenas, but actually putting it to use in your defensive game will just take experience. Basically if you tech, and get hit, next time you get knocked down in that same way, don't tech or tech a different direction.

the most effective time to tech is when it will avoid damage that would of hit you had you stayed on the ground, but like kowtow said you have to be careful of tech traps as certain characters have specific moves, which can be used to hit you whilst you're teching.

you basically need to learn what your options are in different situations and decide for yourself and if its a 50/50 situation then you just gotta guess.

especially in sc4 techtraps can lead to re-launch situations, which mean more damage.

sometimes it's just wiser to take the ground damage and get up without delay."

you can test your tech traps in training mode-- the option is called Ukemi.
Wow, this game just seems deeper and deeper

Wow, this game just seems deeper and deeper

The game is very deep once you get into the specifics. But honestly once you get passed all the shit that's in the game it's actually pretty simple.
1. No truly complex combos you have to remember
2. Simple to understand controls: A, B, G, K and up, down, left, right

The deepness in the game becomes a mindgame against each player to outsmart the other and less of the "see who lands this combo off first and does 2736w75r932650151063578034825 points of damage"

Oh and also Nightmare can tech trap into a tech trap: FC a+g, 33b, 66b :) Yo dawg I heard you like tech traps.....etc. with my horrible Xzibit impression.

Back