Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

Throw breaks would radically change the game, wouldn't they?

A lot of people have been squashing my blender before it starts. For the people that figure out that a back tech/sidestep is all you need it becomes a slugfest where I try to put them in the blender and they push back with range or speed or what have you. At best I end up pulling even...

A good Viola was terrifying... Make a few mistakes and it's all over. But this... I feel like the opponent always has a chance.

I guess I'll see this weekend. If someone more experienced starts dominating (assuming their opponents know about the escape) I suppose it'll prove you right. Perhaps I can learn what I'm missing, too... and then start working on 3PPP+KT combos for after the patch...

Throw breaks would radically change the high level game, yea. But it would give a lot of good benefits as well.

Right now, before a round even starts a faster character can get in a slower characters face and they basically can't do anything besides guess wildly on a hit level and try to hold them. Adding throw breaks alone gives the slower character a better opportunity to at least defend himself out of the gate and not have to take such insane risks they didn't ask for.

There are a lot of blenderish situations a bigger guy simply can't avoid. Rachel's blender is one of them.

There are a lot of blenderish situations a bigger guy simply can't avoid. Rachel's blender is one of them.
Ah. That's probably true, I haven't hardly fought any Bayman or Leon players. I would agree readily with this point.

Right now, before a round even starts a faster character can get in a slower characters face and they basically can't do anything besides guess wildly on a hit level and try to hold them.
This has been happening to me all day.

with throw break nothing would be punishable then... :|
would u said all throws should be breakable even ones like tina J.O.C.?
cause that would just be retared if those were breakable.

This has been happening to me all day.

If you didn't play DOA 4 competitively you are at a major disadvantage here.

DOA 4 players developed a sixth sense for Get Ready Fight mixups. It's one of these unexplainable things.

There are two solutions for that before you go writing it off.

One is that throws inside of disadvantage, as well as command high-counter throws remain unbreakable. This solves your issue with it.

The other solution is that unsafe attacks become more unsafe to the point that strike punishment is viable.

I would prefer to go with the first option.

Last edited:
so soul calibur, tekken, and virtua fighter have no punishes? you can't throw out an attack to punish? DOA makes punish's much easier to do imo.

-- No.

You know how some anti-heroes are put through horrible conditions as children? Trained in top secret prison facilities, forced to kill their friends, generally just a really shitty upbringing that makes them hate everybody?

That was DOA 4.

Now let us never speak of it again.
LOL Cant stop Laughing.

OK here are some news Folks!

Ver. 1.02 Patch Changes
Changes/Bug Fixes
Improved the matchmaking system to make it easier to match with an opponent when there are many players online. PS3™/Xbox360®
Costume unlock conditions for DOA5U: Core Fighters changed to match the full version. PS3™
Costumes that were previously only unlocked the first time an Arcade, Time Attack, or Survival course was cleared can now be unlocked even by completing previously cleared courses. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented progress when searching for a lobby. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented progress after fighting in a lobby match. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed an issue that caused players to fly in unexpected directions when hit with certain attacks. Previously, this also caused issues with saving replay data; this has also been fixed for future matches.

Source:http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/ultimate/us/information/info_20130913.html

PS3™/Xbox360®

Been hearing a lot of mixed things about the new version. I bought DOA5 on a close friend's word that it was the best fighting game of all time. I enjoyed it, but it felt like there was a lot of things I was missing out on gameplay-wise, and then that same close friend hit me with a half life hi-counter throw, sending me into a downward spiral of depression that I would never quite recover from.

Putting that aside, I do remember having a lot of fun when I did know what was going on, and I kind of enjoyed the "EVERYTHING IS A MIX-UP" thing that DOA does. I'd like to give the game another shot, but before I do, I have a few questions:

1) Is Brad buffed?
2) Is Bayman buffed?
3) Are there any good character or system tutorials available, similar to the stuff aris has done for Tekken and Soul Calibur?

I'm almost definitely going to get the game anyway, but I'm torn between just buying my two characters or buying the whole thing.

Something I'm not understanding--shakeable stuns. I'm trying to shake stuns, but it seems like I still recover in the same amount of time. When that's not happening, then I get a counter by mistake (sometimes I don't even get a block). I know it's unfamiliarity, so what I'm looking for is input on effective ways to do this from people who've gotten it down.

Something I'm not understanding--shakeable stuns. I'm trying to shake stuns, but it seems like I still recover in the same amount of time. When that's not happening, then I get a counter by mistake (sometimes I don't even get a block). I know it's unfamiliarity, so what I'm looking for is input on effective ways to do this from people who've gotten it down.
same as soul calibur. press and hold block first (to avoid accidentally holding) and shake the d-pad/stick back and forth. it does work, especially against people that look for holds before attacking again or that string delay. or people that have slow stun combos. but against people that are fast (i.e. Sarah) then it normally doesn't do too well. but it does make a difference. trust me on that.

I'm really getting the hang of tag-team battle!!! >:D Who else finds Tag-team match a little bit more epic than solo match? Those 17 hit swap combos make you feel badass to pull off!

I haven't put it into practice yet- but what I'm thinking is that you input 8H (or 2H), which will serve as an action you can take quickly without accidentally holding, and then input your 89632147 circles.

Used to be you could 373737/191919 but apparently that's a no go now.

LOL at the TFC DOA5U Tourney
KITTY COLA ROCKS DA HOUSE! =)
Way to go Girl!
Keep it up!
Kitty Cola was reppin. I need to analyze those matches when they get put up on Youtube... She dispatched Kasumi so easily O_o

Back