Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

OMG im watching the Stream right now..and i dont if anyone was there @ the master vs sweet revenge fight...but the comments were so good.
I think DOA5U gettin slowly attention to the FGC people...hope all the blinders shutup with the fanservice talk...so that we can enjoy the Game..and get a serious scene =)
Cheers!
-A-

I think DOA5U gettin slowly attention to the FGC people...hope all the blinders shutup with the fanservice talk...so that we can enjoy the Game..and get a serious scene =)
Cheers!
-A-

Amen to that!! xD

All I ever see on other message boards is word for word:

"DOA is not a real fighting game series.. it sucks, it's only popular because of boobs.. boobs.. and boobs. It's not competitive." And 80% of the people who bashed DOA5 back on Gamefaqs.com didn't even play DOA5.... >:P

DOA is really badass! I think it's core mechanics are really fun if you get a hang of it. People just have trouble adjusting to it at first because top tier playing relies heavily on counters / baits / punishes. Not so much as top tier Tekken combat where landing the biggest juggle combo is your sure bet to win. =] I'm glad DOA is starting to get more recognized.

Been hearing a lot of mixed things about the new version. I bought DOA5 on a close friend's word that it was the best fighting game of all time. I enjoyed it, but it felt like there was a lot of things I was missing out on gameplay-wise, and then that same close friend hit me with a half life hi-counter throw, sending me into a downward spiral of depression that I would never quite recover from.

Putting that aside, I do remember having a lot of fun when I did know what was going on, and I kind of enjoyed the "EVERYTHING IS A MIX-UP" thing that DOA does. I'd like to give the game another shot, but before I do, I have a few questions:

1) Is Brad buffed?
2) Is Bayman buffed?
3) Are there any good character or system tutorials available, similar to the stuff aris has done for Tekken and Soul Calibur?

I'm almost definitely going to get the game anyway, but I'm torn between just buying my two characters or buying the whole thing.

Can't say much for Bayman, but for Brad.

He feels, looks a little faster and there's a few changes, but not all of them are good. The biggest buffs are that he has some new string variants (6P4 and BT 4P4), but he also lost the old 6P+K 2P+K K8 KKKT combo; it now requires a red stun launch in order get the full combo in. The turn around is that - while you can't get the same damage as before - the air throw now does more damage and gets about 5 or 6 damage less from the old combo. The other nice upgrade (I think) is that handstand KKK is now a full natural combo and can't be held inbetween, great for baiting.

Aside from that, all his crushes are still there, 4PK, 2H+K, 8H+K, 6H+K laydown K, 1P, 4P8_2P_K to name a few.

The other big changes I know is that Lay down stance doesn't require a double input of 22 or 88 to sidestep now, and you just tap 2 or 8 to effectively sidestep. A little faster and a little easier to work with. His overall launchers don't launch quite as high either, but you can use a slightly more laxxed 46P input for simpler juggles.

2H+K>K>66P CB survived. 'Nuff said. Brad survived well enough.

I'm having a little bit of difficulty adjusting to the new Mila and Brad, but I'm definitely digging their current builds.

Also, Leon throwing people off the edge of Lost World is now the funnest thing to do for truly absurd damage.

Anyone know where the stream is going to be for TFC and at what time?
5 PM EST, teamsp00ky

tfcsunday.jpg

Damn, Rikuto, you need to get you a pocket Rachel/Alpha like everyone else.

Actually only Xcalibur Bladez and Lopedo used Alpha at a high level. But yeah, it doesn't look that good when the person who won DOA5U TFC pretty much only used Rachel and Alpha. The Grand Finals match was very weak except for the Momiji-Rachel matches. Alpha vs. Alpha looked so fucking stupid on many levels. On the other hand the hype was simply INCREDIBLE!

Actually only Xcalibur Bladez and Lopedo used Alpha at a high level. But yeah, it doesn't look that good when the person who won DOA5U TFC pretty much only used Rachel and Alpha. The Grand Finals match was very weak except for the Momiji-Rachel matches. Alpha vs. Alpha looked so fucking stupid on many levels. On the other hand the hype was simply INCREDIBLE!

Those are the two people who beat him. Regardless, all I know is some people got scuffed up, switched to Alpha or Rachel, then won. And, from what I see, Rikuto makes a lot of smart choices (to the tune of a lot more than the other players I watch); if he could translate that to a better character (Alpha or Rachel), he could probably beat people a lot easier.

aint got time for sissy rachel and alpha. when i win i do it on my terms, no one elses.

Understood.

This is all sorts of messed up... but I might have to lay off Rachel for a while. She's just "too powerful".

... and by "too powerful", I mean, as an online warrior, she limits the number of people I can play against to smart, skilled (basically tournament) players- who you don't see often. Everyone else gets shredded and I end up getting zero experience.

... Ugh, I can't believe I'm asking for things to be harder.

I'll be back after the patch, baby. I promise!

I went and did the spacing and combo check topics for Leon today, if anyone's interested in him.

That's the only thing I don't really like about DOA land... Information is hard to find, and there's not a lot of standardization. Our wiki is filled to the brim, FSD's... not so much.

I understand the frame data is in the game, but sometimes it's just nice to look at something on another screen. Team Ninja hasn't done what they did with DOA4 (frame data .pdfs on the website) and it still irks me that they decided to initially put it in a Prima guide... Now with DOA5U I don't even know what's going on.

DOAWorld is a barren wasteland. :|

Back