Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

23o0z.jpg

Yeah...

Austin/McMahon was more real...

The funny thing is, the only one in TN who had a beef with Tekken was Itagaki, and he's long gone (from TN) now.
i could have swore the current team also have a dislike for tekken. i thought i read it in an interview sometime before the game came out. It might have been a joke though referring to itagaki though. i'm not sure.

Anyways, ggs FON, and sorry my Lei and Koko are so scrubby. I guess destroying randoms in ranked or simple isn't very good practice against people who actually know how to play. :(

What areas of Lei Fang are you struggling with ? Maybe I can help you better if I get a better idea of what you're looking for ? :)
Well, I'm kinda at a point where I don't even know what I don't know. Right now I'm mostly just whiff punishing with 1P+K, and trying to interrupt with 236P to start off a combo. It works great against scrubs, but not so well against good players.

I know there's more I should be doing, like unshu and advanced holds, but I just don't know how to implement it. My matchup knowledge is so bad that I'm mostly just guessing on holds, except really obvious things like Tina's 3 low kicks BS. Any help you can offer is appreciated.

Bass is so much fun to play in v1.03. And no, I don't care about the glitch because his combos would still be the same:

Anyways, ggs FON, and sorry my Lei and Koko are so scrubby. I guess destroying randoms in ranked or simple isn't very good practice against people who actually know how to play. :(

Well, I'm kinda at a point where I don't even know what I don't know. Right now I'm mostly just whiff punishing with 1P+K, and trying to interrupt with 236P to start off a combo. It works great against scrubs, but not so well against good players.

I know there's more I should be doing, like unshu and advanced holds, but I just don't know how to implement it. My matchup knowledge is so bad that I'm mostly just guessing on holds, except really obvious things like Tina's 3 low kicks BS. Any help you can offer is appreciated.
this is something i'm trying to get better at myself but if you learn how to throw punish that will make you so much of a threat. if people finish combo strings then normally they are open to a free grab. not only does it work 96% of the time but it also discourages your opponent. and also grabs normally lead to more damage than counters unless they involve knocked against a wall like lei Fangs mid punch counter hold.

I throw punished as Kokoro during a tournament match once and easily breezed through it. too bad i didn't keep it up for my other matches or else i might have came in 1st place instead of 2nd :P

Random newbie question, does DOA have lobbies like SC5? Where you can watch and spectate? If so up to how many people?

Random newbie question, does DOA have lobbies like SC5? Where you can watch and spectate? If so up to how many people?
Yes they do have lobbies where you can watch and spectate and they go up to 16 peoples. Also you can save matches without the use of recorders as well.

The match up, actually. Trying to figure out how best to handle Bass. Or rather, good Bass players.
knowing what guard breaks don't leave him at a frame advantage. for the pick up game, it's just based on luck and observation of your opponents actions. speed characters are a good counter against him by themselves.

GGs UW. Your LeiFang is not bad! You have the right idea on how to use her. You made good use of her OH's (until I caught on a bit). LeiFang's 1P+K is essentially DOA's equivalent to Mitsu's 4B so it is surprisingly spammable, however it's not really a move to be relied on. One of the other people we were playing with (KaiBro) has a very solid LeiFang. I can give a couple tips for her. LeiFang's 6H+K is a great move to throw out from mid-long range, or 66KK for interruption. Her low poke sweeps (1KK for example) are also great for throwing an opponent off balance.

As for Kokoro, I'm not sure if she really suits your style to be honest. What about Ayane =(? Also, which character did you prefer sparring against? Ayane or Kasumi? I've gone over Hitomi a little bit too if you'd like to practice against her.

The match up, actually. Trying to figure out how best to handle Bass. Or rather, good Bass players.

What VincentRayne said + utilizing sidesteps when Basses get into guard-breaking-frametrap-mode. Or you can do like me and choose Kasumi (or Christie) and spam PPPPP, 6P and 2P every chance you get.

And as a sidenote, Bass' pickups can burn in hell!

GGs UW. Your LeiFang is not bad! You have the right idea in how to use her. You made good use of her OH's (until I caught on a bit). LeiFang's 1P+K is essentially DOA's equivalent to Mitsu's 4B so it is surprisingly spammable, however it's not really a move to be relied on. One of the other people we were playing with (KaiBro) has a very solid LeiFang. I can give a couple tips for her. LeiFang's 6H+K is a great move to throw out from mid-long range, or 66KK for interruption. Her low poke sweeps (1KK for example) are also great for throwing an opponent off balance.

As for Kokoro, I'm not sure if she really suits your style to be honest. What about Ayane =(? Also, which character did you prefer sparring against? Ayane or Kasumi? I've gone over Hitomi a little bit too if you'd like to practice against her.
Just adding on to what FoN said, her 46P and 66P are pretty good whiff punishers (in my experience) and her low kick variants of 2H+K (PP2K,3P2P2K, etc). Also her stance (4P+K) can parry mid punches (I think something else as well). I'm not very good yo ._.

Bass is most susceptible to string delays and all offensive play. If you have a character that has a mid and high that are faster than i13 then you have a good chance. A lot of his attacks are slow and easily holdable (offline), and he has to rely a lot on punishing an opponent's mistakes in order to set the pace.

Once he sets the pace though you basically have to guess right to get out of it, and that's not easy to say a 'right answer'.

Just adding on to what FoN said, her 46P and 66P are pretty good whiff punishers (in my experience) and her low kick variants of 2H+K (PP2K,3P2P2K, etc). Also her stance (4P+K) can parry mid punches (I think something else as well). I'm not very good yo ._.
High punches too.

LeiFang's 1P+K is essentially DOA's equivalent to Mitsu's 4B so it is surprisingly spammable, however it's not really a move to be relied on.
Yeah, I spam the crap out of that move. Get this, it's like +3 or something on block, but if you charge it, it's -5. Wat's the deal with that? Aren't charged moves supposed to give you better advantage?

As for Kokoro, I'm not sure if she really suits your style to be honest.
But I like her style.
1279082592656.jpg

What about Ayane =(? Also, which character did you prefer sparring against? Ayane or Kasumi? I've gone over Hitomi a little bit too if you'd like to practice against her.
I think I had it easier against Ayane, because I at least know her strings a little bit. I just had such good luck lately with Lei Fang that I've fallen out of practice with Ayane.

Back