[Dec 3, 2011] North East Championships XII (Philadelphia, PA)

I really love how Europe comes in and talks all this arrogant mess when the US scene died YEARS ago, and like nobody plays anywhere NEAR as regularly as most of the Euro scenes.

How about this? NEC will be hype and all in good fun, but how about you come in and beat us when SC5 is out and everyone starts off on even footing and is playing them game? Beat us then, instead of coming in and claiming dominance after being jack shit when the game is popular and healthy world wide. You are asking our best players to essentially UNRETIRE and practice for a few weeks, while you guys are still having leagues and tournies and shit.

anyways, I have a feeling the best players in the US will STILL answer the call and beat yall. I may be willing to place money on it too. We'll see.

Wow what a pathetic and chicken hearted exucse this is. So if the US wins you will be like "haha we beat you and we dont even play the game", and if the US gets beat you will tell people "lol whatever we dont play the game"?

Seeing how everybody is hyped in your community, claim they are Number #1 and will rape left and right etc, this is a shame of a excuse. Trying to create a sneaky WIN/WIN situation in advance. Grow some balls for gods sake.

XD this post is funny.

Everybody (including you) knows that you are a shoe in for the USA team. I understand you don't want to toot your own horn, as DK put it, but really you know deep down inside that you are probably the best player in the States.

PS: How did you figure out a few days ago that you have an edge over Lolo? I thought he was in Mexico.

Besides, how can you feel that you have an edge over a tier 1 player, and in addition proven that you can beat all of the tier 1 players in a tournament, and not put yourself in tier 1?

Well, you see, I said "I think". It's just something tested from online with lolo after brainstorming after summer jam. but then it's online. But I personally think it's pretty legit vs yoshi and probably the reason lolo feels the matchup is 7-3.

To put it bluntly, I am scared to play and feels the pressure but will if none you tier 3 player step up to the challenge then I guess I don't have a choice right? :P
Try to attain some glory for yourself NFK, you emo duck.

Wow what a pathetic and chicken hearted exucse this is. So if the US wins you will be like "haha we beat you and we dont even play the game", and if the US gets beat you will tell people "lol whatever we dont play the game"?

Seeing how everybody is hyped in your community, claim they are Number #1 and will rape left and right etc, this is a shame of a excuse. Trying to create a sneaky WIN/WIN situation in advance. Grow some balls for gods sake.

how is it an excuse? where am i making anything up? The US doesn't play this game, I wish they did, but they don't. Now that SF4 has revitalized interest nationally in fighters and the last few after it have had a lot of hype, there will be flourishing communities in 5 and then we can decide who is better. Aside from Thuggish having a few active players in Chicago, and NYC/NJ having a few players that give a shit still, which of our former top player even get to play ONE person? Who plays RTD? Who plays Mick? Why do we have to consider Canadian and Mexican players for our team? It's because the scene has been dead for years.
Losing to us should be an embarrassment right now, and I still think our team is gonna beat Europe. I hope the finalize a roster so I can think about betting one of you over this.

Though I love how 'telling it how it is' makes me a chicken and have no balls.

Reactions: LP
how is it an excuse? where am i making anything up?
An excuse doesn't necessarily mean that you make things up. It's just funny to read how you think Europe is crap at this game without having ever played against any of us.

Losing to us should be an embarrassment right now, and I still think our team is gonna beat Europe.
You saying this again is hilarious IMO. Doc already resumed why in his last post :D

Oofmatic--> Honestly, Oofmatic knows Ivy pretty well it appears. Probably from Eli. I do not believe Oof wins from pure gimmicks. Sure, there are a few tricks that LOOKs like gimmicks, but it is not. Everything he does is legit, and is underrated. Super high offense, frenchies can't run. Though I am concerned about him vs Malek since at FSAK he lost to him miserably.

If there is going to be a Canadian spot for this team why is it automatically going to Oof. This is not a personal attack on him, but it just not right to assume he should get the spot when I know that I'd be a better option. I know I got the experience, I have won our recent tournaments. And if your concern is about Ivy, well then Oof has a lot of difficulty against my Ivy.

In all honesty: I rather have a Canadian team, but we just wont have enough of us going

Reactions: LP
Where did I say Europe is crap? I said that the US would be better against you if we had a better scene, like we used to. I am confident in our top players abilities to overcome lack of playing with ability to adjust on the fly. Laugh all you want I guess, but I don't see the joke in you guys claiming to be so great to a scene/country that hasn't had a real major showing since FSAK, ...THAT is what I find lame.

Besides, Europe doesn't come in and talk all this arrogant mess like that... You guys asked for this. Now man up. You have what you wanted. There is no need to search for pre-excuses because you're afraid you woke the MACHINE !!!

Really? All I see is poor reading comprehension there. How does being confident in some of our players who's ability in SC i know very well, equate to me saying Europe sucks? I am saying, yes right now you guys have a better scene and are still playing top level matches actively- losing to a country that doesn't even really play, should be embarassing. The only reason I think we will win (depending on team picked) is that I have known most of these guys since SC1 and SC2, and I know their ability to rise to the challenge.

I won't apologize in having confidence in the ability of a few players, as opposed to the rest of our scene being dead, which if it wasn't... would make said top players even better. This will happen in 5 for sure and I am anxious to see our scene be resurrected and dominant again.

Where did I say Europe is crap? I said that the US would be better against you if we had a better scene, like we used to. I am confident in our top players abilities to overcome lack of playing with ability to adjust on the fly. Laugh all you want I guess, but I don't see the joke in you guys claiming to be so great to a scene/country that hasn't had a real major showing since FSAK, ...THAT is what I find lame.

So wait, you had FSAK, you had Summer Jam with 60-70 people and Omega from DR, now you have NEC with major hype, you have Jaxels Dome again, Toronto is still active...and you tell me you dont play the game to make up a bullshit excuse.

Well played.

EDIT: Lol i remember even people saying Whoaazz etc is training more than ever...Mick is talking about the lab 24/7, LP is hyped like he never was, Chicage in the FUCKING Building with 20 people is what i hear all the time...reallty a bullshit excuse.

AND S-U popped in again... This is proof enough.

No, you don't need to apologize, I can understand your fear now that you woke the european dragon.

Stop the excuses, now it is the time for HYPE. So you're saying even if your players don't play as much as they need to get to their top level, they will still win?

I say : It won't be much different than what happened at Cannes and EVO... North America will limp away from Europe players, just like the little kid against little Zangief video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifEjyohozPE

So wait, you had FSAK, you had Summer Jam with 60-70 people and Omega from DR, now you have NEC with major hype, you have Jaxels Dome again, Toronto is still active...and you tell me you dont play the game to make up a bullshit excuse.

Well played.

Just because you see majors in our country happen fairly often, doesn't mean our scene isn't dead. For me, Philly is in the other side of the country and so is Arizona. That doesn't mean that US players have access to a lot of tourneys. The US is HUGE. That's like assuming that (excuse my ignorance of the tournament scene in Europe) that the UK has a thriving soul calibur scene because they can go to france and play there. That's unreasonable.

SU

Also, everyone has leveled up since you have been gone. The game level is not what it was like at FSAK.

I'm gonna quote this just so I can reference it after NEC.

But I'll say one or two things. You say everyone has leveled up since I have been gone... why are the exact same people still at the top. I don't count anything other than top 3. We do not have SF, MvC3 or MK numbers. I see the exact same top players at the top.

Then you say the game level is not what it is at FSAK. Interesting once again as just like above I see the exact same people in top 3. You do realize FSAK is still the biggest tournament since I left right?

Remember the part I quoted in ur post for reference for after NEC. I'm gonna show u something very interesting. I'm also 100% serious. I no longer want to even be considered for the team I don't want it.

Last but not least get the fuck out if ur not on team U.S then I definitely have no hope in the team which I don't as is. Make the fuck sure ur on that team or else....

Its funny cause prior to FSAK I told Mick he would do better than most and he did. I also called u and Mick as the people to take the last east coast tournament. I know the playerbase like the back of my hand.

LMAO!
Are you kidding me?! We're the biggest bunch of scrubs on the continent!
I mean, I'm considered good there for fuck sake XD.
Lol, like I said, excuse my ignorance of the European scene. It was just an example of distance without actual knowledge of what goes on. :p

Docvizzo - T.O is still active?! We've had 2 (Two) Tournaments all year, with just 10-12 (TEN TO TWELVE) Players attending. Yes we try to play, gather, compete. But to call that active is pretty funny. We are, however, STILL THE BEST IN THE WORLD, when we're on our game. But don't start talking Bull saying Toronto is active.

That said. Someone help me come to this. Please. Fuck Work Meng....

I know, but you singled out the single weakest scene in Europe today.
(Single weakest existing scene at least)

If there is going to be a Canadian spot for this team why is it automatically going to Oof. This is not a personal attack on him, but it just not right to assume he should get the spot when I know that I'd be a better option. I know I got the experience, I have won our recent tournaments. And if your concern is about Ivy, well then Oof has a lot of difficulty against my Ivy.

In all honesty: I rather have a Canadian team, but we just wont have enough of us going

Lemme explain to you my good friend. When I made this list I have considered you but look at the factors. We have scud and malek, who have enormous mirror experience offline. They have played this matchup much more than you or I have. They have played Ring and each other in very high numbers. Another Ivy player being added would not add to % that we can win.
Meanwhile, Oof has Vader. Vader is not very well known to French players so that's a plus. You may do well against Oof because you have played him a lot, so you guys know each other. After a period Eli, you do adapt. I feel it when we play, you get smarter in the pea brain of yours after a long set and learn. BUT your overall style, when you play a new player is not very effective, especially when someone understands ivy since france has two of the top notches of them. All of them understand Ivy. Yet, oof has a advantage and is a good player. Logically, he fits there more than you.

I'm gonna quote this just so I can reference it after NEC.

But I'll say one or two things. You say everyone has leveled up since I have been gone... why are the exact same people still at the top. I don't count anything other than top 3. We do not have SF, MvC3 or MK numbers. I see the exact same top players at the top.

Then you say the game level is not what it is at FSAK. Interesting once again as just like above I see the exact same people in top 3. You do realize FSAK is still the biggest tournament since I left right?

Remember the part I quoted in ur post for reference for after NEC. I'm gonna show u something very interesting. I'm also 100% serious. I no longer want to even be considered for the team I don't want it.

Last but not least get the fuck out if ur not on team U.S then I definitely have no hope in the team which I don't as is. Make the fuck sure ur on that team or else....

Its funny cause prior to FSAK I told Mick he would do better than most and he did. I also called u and Mick as the people to take the last east coast tournament. I know the playerbase like the back of my hand.

Don't take it too personal. By people improving, I mean myself really XD (I don't know if I really improved or I just got better online). And RTD really since he has found his character. Also Lolo being in the mix makes the competition much harder. Not to mention some players improvement in the performance on tournament level, such as hawkeye, LP, etc. And the frenchies as well mainly. I think Malek would be better than he was before. If you had problems then, there maybe some trouble now.

As for the team tournament, I will play if I must. But wouldn't be better if I wasn't on the team in some kinda way? 1. Not having Ivy playing may be a good thing 2. If gives a moment for the upcoming players to shine 3. I can focus more on coaching since I play the hoe. Just saying.

New thought --> How about anyone from NA who beats me in a FT5 can take my spot for teams. If no one wins, I'll just play. I won't sandbag in any kind of way.

Docvizzo
By me training a lot. I'm playing a lot against mashers online.. and learning how to stop people from mashing. I'm not fighting people who often go to tournaments, and playing offline. I am not learning how to use my 22k effectively and such since I'm not using any low at all. Also, people play much less than they talk shit.

Reactions: NDK
Back