Decopon & Shen Chan Interviews By Slasher

Last edited by a moderator:
Soulcalibur is not about tiers is about push your knowledge, experience, reflexes and mentality to the limits; Asian players showed again the result of the dedication and mental preparation; Decopon is an excelent player and his victory in EVO2012 must be a lesson to everyone interested to be a competitive player in this game.

Yep it's not the character once again shown by a international players of the "NonAmerican". < ~ lol. It's the players... What Stryker said. :D

Great interview, this shows that Project Soul knew what they were doing with Patch 1.02. We just didn't see it that way. This increases character viability in tournaments. Now that EVO is over lets focus on making the game better. Patch 1.04 should only fix the broken stuff by OVERNERFING Hilde and making her unviable. This is to give Hilde a taste of her own medicine about unfair match ups due to stupid ringout gimmicks & stage design.

Great interview, this shows that Project Soul knew what they were doing with Patch 1.02. We just didn't see it that way. This increases character viability in tournaments. Now that EVO is over lets focus on making the game better. Patch 1.04 should only fix the broken stuff by OVERNERFING Hilde and making her unviable. This is to give Hilde a taste of her own medicine about unfair match ups due to stupid ringout gimmicks & stage design.
You're a strange person.

Yea... I don't get why people think there is such thing as top tier... If I was to ask what makes a character so high tier you'd probably have nothing to say.

Yea... I don't get why people think there is such thing as top tier... If I was to ask what makes a character so high tier you'd probably have nothing to say.

It's based on the tools that the character has and what they can do against the rest of the roster.

Tira's not one of the best characters, but in Gloomy she is one of the strongest. I didn't hear from anyone who was at EVO who disagreed on Tira in Gloomy stance.

There's a such thing as tiers. It's just that tiers don't tell the entire story as to why a result happened. Alot of people had no matchup experience with Tira or any idea on how the Japanese played this game, and to me reminiscent of what happened at EVO 2009 where people thought Ivy was trash until they got bopped by Malek.

Now that EVO's over, I'm very interested in seeing how this game develops.

I just hope Bamco keeps supporting this wonderful wonderful game, as it is the first SoulCalibur game I've played competitively (but been casual sice SC1), and I ain't had the chane to get to a tournament with killers in it yet...

Tiers? HUH! that is like saying is all about stages, they might have some influence on the match but that's it, is all about what Styker said period.

It's based on the tools that the character has and what they can do against the rest of the roster.

Tira's not one of the best characters, but in Gloomy she is one of the strongest. I didn't hear from anyone who was at EVO who disagreed on Tira in Gloomy stance.

There's a such thing as tiers. It's just that tiers don't tell the entire story as to why a result happened. Alot of people had no matchup experience with Tira or any idea on how the Japanese played this game, and to me reminiscent of what happened at EVO 2009 where people thought Ivy was trash until they got bopped by Malek.

Now that EVO's over, I'm very interested in seeing how this game develops.

Well said. However I still would like to know what makes one character "top tier" or even "high tier" in general. Besides the idea of the characters so called "tools" being better then another... Honeslty I see high tier in any character...
I see that even a character like mine can be played defensivly.

Man, if I can play Nightmare as a rushdown character and people I've seen use Patroklos as a defensive character, then I don't think theorycrafting means much in this game. Just play it, and like, have fun and shit.
Or I'll devour your SOUL!!1!

to me there is no such thing as "the way the japanese, play this game" to me there is no specific playing styles for specific regions, that is absurd and dosent make sense, SCV pushes everyone to be agresive, if not, then get soul gauge damaged,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back