DEVASTATION 2k11 Results and shout outs!

I hate you all.

Seriously though everyone I met out there was a pleasure meeting and hanging out with you all. Looking forward to the next time and whatever crazy shenanigans that will bring.

Also can someone explain to me how Vincent can lose 4 times in a double elimination tournament?

Also can someone explain to me how Vincent can lose 4 times in a double elimination tournament?

the double elimination tournament, aka the money tournament, aka the top 8 tournament was an invitational. those invites were given to the top 2 from each pool and wins/losses prior to that did not count. vincent lost once in pools but that doesn't count as it wasn't part of the invitational double elim tournament. in the double elim tournament, he lost twice and then, when they realized they had skipped a match and backed up the tournament, was given another shot, fighting NFK and losing again.

lol it was a clusterfuck, for sure. there really just wasn't an easy solution to the situation at all.

This was definitely the most fun I have ever had playing Soulcalibur. I'm definitely gonna be going to all the tournaments during SC5's life...providing it turns out as good...oh, who am I kidding? Four more years of Siegfried!

And now for my long list:

lobo - Thanks again for letting me room with you, man. You are one funny dude - looking forward to seeing you again, and hopefully this time you won't be totally out of it when I play you in casuals!

Greatone - Dude, I totally owe you some games when I get back home. I'll definitely be stopping by for some sessions once I'm done with college - here's to 44B making it to SC5!

Signia - GG's back at the room! Hope you learned some stuff from them - I definitely did.

RTD - You are one cool dude, and pretty damn skilled, too. Wish I had gotten some casuals against you, but there's always next time, right? Sucks about the tournament, but hey, what'cha gonna do except go wreck face next time?

KrayzieCD - Ducking strings is for scrubs, and against Maxi, it's just cruel. You were probably the funniest guy I met there, and definitely the chillest. You had some amazing matches in the Top 8, even with your lag Maxi (2KK wtf?). Thanks for getting me introduced to most of the people there, too - I was feeling pretty out of it until I started actually putting names to faces. Next time I see you, I'll definitely be paying you back those beatings you gave me, though!

LostProvidence - I took your advice, and I'm never gonna stop grabbing ever again - Siegfried's A+G_B+G_1B is apparently a mixup on some people, even offline. I really appreciated all the advice you gave me during our casuals - it definitely helped out my mindset for playing.

Vincent - I don't even see why anyone else even bothered to come to the tournament when it was obviously gonna be you winning everything - but then you mix them up and throw them all a bone anyway. Haha - you surprised the hell out of me in person, man. You're probably one of the best Sophie's out there, and it was a blast playing you.

NDK - The whole time after I met you, I was all like "Why doesn't he talk? When's he gonna say something?" Then I play you and you start talking more than I do! The fuck is up with that?! You got an insane Voldo - I'm definitely gonna be paying you back for all those beatings you gave me when SC5 comes around. Then we'll see who's gonna be scared! Probably me, still.

Dest - Look at you, Mr. Pro Commentator. Good games back at the room, especially against your Sets. But I hope your lag Natsu doesn't end up sucking as bad as your lag Taki did. Watch, now I'm gonna end up like Jeuce did for that one game...Let me know if you wanna get the AZ scene back up and running again - I'd definitely be down for some more offline play!

emoprinny/lolithing/multinameguy - You have too many damn names, but you were still funny as shit. You're a cool dude to chill with, and I still wanna give you that MM vs your Hilde! You should get back into the scene, especially with SC5 on the horizon now.

Xeph - "I looooove me some balls." You are one hell of a cool dude, even when you were kicking my ass up and down and everywhere. Hope I didn't weird you out too much, but hey, Raphael's VE A+G_B+G is awesome against male opponents - I gotta whore that shit out! Best of luck at NEC - I'll be rooting for you on the stream!

lolo - You did it! I absolutely loved watching your matches in the Top 8 - excellent stuff. Thanks for the casuals, too - I never thought 44bG and SBH a+bG would ever have a use, until I met the guy who JI's everything on reaction. Definitely learned a hell of a lot from our matches.

Omega - What kind of crazy motherfucker goes and JI's SCH K for a Critical Finish? You, apparently. Watching your videos is one thing, but actually playing you makes you realize how absolutely sick you are at this game - thanks for the casuals. Oh, and good shit beating Aris at Tekken, too! We were all hyped as fuck at that!

To sum it up: all of you guys were cool as fuck, I learned a shitload from the experience, and I'll be all over SC5 for tournaments. Come then, everyone is gonna be eating A+G, B+G, and 1B from me all day!

Heaton, you're fuckin' hilarious, bro. You'd better keep that ass around for SC5. I'm telling you, though, grabs are broken. Congrats on being king fuckin' beastly and showing Soph why she hasn't been annouced for SC5 yet.

As for me, I'm still pretty jetlagged. Probably head right back to sleep for the umpteenth time right after this but definitely fun times. Between the 3 hour flight, not liking being nervous in the tournament, and just not liking the whole bracket reset thing, I wasn't sure if I was going to come to Dev again next year but you peeps definitely made it worth it. Wish I could've spent more time with you all but I had other stuff to attend to. Still, Phoenix has got to be the most beautiful fuckin' city I've ever been to, no joke.

Not much to say but, before I head off, I have just one thing to leave:

. I'm still not sure of my own skill but all I saw in the all the Summer Jam videos were mistakes, poor decision making, and unrefined play in general. So I'm feeling pretty confident if that's the level I need to surpass.

Would quote some more ish but I guess somebody redefined high level play already so you know it was a good time. Stay beautiful, people.

Alright shoutouts time, in no particular order.

GO: You know you're my favorite. I didn't fucking play you outside like one match this weekend, and you're definitely improving, DEFINITELY. Still, one of the funniest people I know. All those stories were hilarious. I'll be seeing you around come SCV, for sure.

Lobo: Good seeing you again, man. Still as funny and getting as fucked up as ever. Sorry I didn't play you at all, but we had plenty of face time anyway, and I know you're in it more to have fun than to just play the game, anyway.

Emo: Dude, it's not my fault you didn't start drinking when I could. I wasn't going to start taking shots at like midnight when I have class at 7 =P. Lots of memories man, and we went over it all not too long ago. There's not much I really need to say in this shoutout. Stay awesome.

LP: "Where the fuck were you all weekend, man?" No really, where were you? I didn't even play one game with you. But really, I hadn't talked to you much at FSAK, so DEV was pretty much our first time meeting. And dude, you're hilarious as fuck, I swear we were going to get kicked out of that friday's. Good times and I hope to see you next year if not before.

Xeph: Dude - good to fuckin' see you again. Where the hell have you/I been? You left with my number again, so don't be afraid to text me sometime, man.

Vincent: I barely talked to you. Where were you all weekend? =/ I didn't even play casuals with you because my controller got left in Lobo's. Sorry man, next time we meet, we'll play for sure. And I won't be playing some lagtrash taki and making you think I'm some kind of ultra scrub online taki main.

NDK: Those handprints were made by a fucking giant, I swear to god. Dude, congrats on making it into the top 8. You've improved a LOT. I don't think I got to play you too much either over the weekend. And despite our pool being a little free, you played really, really solid. Awesome job man.

NFK: Good to see you again, and sorry for opening your eyes to zas vs sets. But that's the least of your problems, because come SCV you'd better be ready for ShenaniNatsu. That's all.

Krayzie: Holy shit man, we had that commentary on lock. It was great seeing you again, dude. And I hope to be seeing you a lot come SCV. Hell, eventually I'll need to visit Norcal to play with just you guys.

RTD: Dude, I'm so sad that I had to go up against you as my first match. You completely demoralized me. But you're an awesome guy, and I'm glad I talked to you more than I had at FSAK. Really sorry about those brackets man. :(

Signia: Dude, you talked a whole lot of shit, but don't worry man, not putting you on blast. Glad you came out and experienced what a major is like, and firsthand felt the nerves that we all feel at times. I really didn't get to talk to you all that much while there, but I'm sure you're a cool dude, too.

Heaton: Dude, you're going to eat your words with shenaninatsu. And don't even pretend those Sets matches were good. I played soooooo bad. And dude, I'm up for offline sessions, I just don't know how we'll organize them considering how far we are from each other. I don't really plan on taking SCIV seriously, but I'm always up for playing casuals.

Lolo: Congrats man. Your yoshi is really, really fun to watch. I didn't get to talk to you much, but we've talked online before, I know you're an awesome guy, too.

Omega: Fuck, I like barely talked to you. Next time, man, we'll play and talk some.

Juece: Dude, glad you came out, but wish we'd had more time to talk! When I almost took that game from you. I surprised myself there. :P Nice job making it up to losers finals man.

If I'm missing people, I'll realize later. I'm about to pass out again, so peace.

I'm heartbroken RTD, you forgot me. Even though I was right next to you commentating with you. BRB, cutting wrists.
haha. i didn't want to screw up your name but you definitely made the cut since we had a great time hanging out, laughing and commentating.

Krit: thx for the support. it must be a southern thing ;)

Y'all come on out to NEC for realz. Just like France does, we'll call it the 'World Tournament'.

p.s. there is another mistake in the brackets. i beat NFK 2-0 in winners, not 2-1: http://challonge.com/2011_devevent_sciv_t8/fullscreen?multiplier=1.0
can reporting a score be that complicated?

So why were LF and WF not Best 3 out of 5?!

And I agree, your losses should count from Pools. Losers face Losers and Winner still can lose 2. Otherwise A Winner will lose twice and be out, but a loser can lose Twice and still be in.

Other than that seemed like a Great Tourney. Although there was that Bracket Fiasco, it seems the Better player Won, while some people got shafted out of money. I blame it on KrayzieCD.

Hopefully I can make NEC. I work the Friday though, so that would entail me taking a plane...hmmm we will see.

signia i was very impressed with your proformance...im stealing some things from you

I think I may have checked every vid from the link Dest posted and could find just about every game except SC4.

haha. i didn't want to screw up your name but you definitely made the cut since we had a great time hanging out, laughing and commentating.

Krit: thx for the support. it must be a southern thing ;)

Y'all come on out to NEC for realz. Just like France does, we'll call it the 'World Tournament'.

p.s. there is another mistake in the brackets. i beat NFK 2-0 in winners, not 2-1: http://challonge.com/2011_devevent_sciv_t8/fullscreen?multiplier=1.0
can reporting a score be that complicated?

and the grand finals were 3-2, not 3-1, lol.

I have a couple of the key matches from Pool 1 that wereunstreamed: NFK vs Omega winner's final, Omega vs Wolfkrone and Omega vs IceColdEdge loser's final. I wish I would have recorded Revin122 vs Lobo though. Revin made Yun look broken lol.

oh dear god. he whooped my ass worse than NFK did. D:

character ignorance > lobo

do upload omega vs NFK from pool 1. imo that was the best match of the entire event.

DINO, check my pics on page 1 of the afterparty. you, of all people, NEEDED to be there!

NDK you can also add this one to the first page: http://www.twitch.tv/devevent/b/297015799

That was the very beginning of the SC4 stream during pools. Starts at 1:04:15 on page 6 and continues through page 7. Those matches feature Heaton vs Black Mamba, Me vs some guy, Xeph vs Lolo, me vs Black Mamba, Me vs Lolo, etc.

Great tournament HI level play all the way, i enjoyed the whole trip, it was nice to see all of you guys, LOLO, RTD,XEPH, CRAZY, LOBO, NFK, GREAT ONE, ICECOLD, LP, VINCENT ECT.

Sorry if im missing anyone but im not very good with names, personally i have to thank LOBO for being there for everything we asked, thanks man from the bottom of my heart, NFK thanks for letting me stay in your room it was nice metting you and playing you, XEPH, one of the coolest of the trip, manif it wasnt for you i wouldnt have been able to play in the top 8 of SC and top 4 in Tekken, thanks for the controller, y por ultimo mi hermanaso LOLO que se porto como un hombre conaso y gano esa vaina FELICIDADES MI HERMANO TE LO MERECES, peace bitches i will see you again in SC5.

O i forgot about something, Vincent im really sorry i was not able to play you, but after tekken finals i had a really bad headache and went straight to the room, im really sorry man, i hope we can play in sc5 man congrats on your performance in the tourney.

Great tournament HI level play all the way, i enjoyed the whole trip, it was nice to see all of you guys, LOLO, RTD,XEPH, CRAZY, LOBO, NFK, GREAT ONE, ICECOLD, LP, VINCENT ECT.

Sorry if im missing anyone but im not very good with names, personally i have to thank LOBO for being there for everything we asked, thanks man from the bottom of my heart, NFK thanks for letting me stay in your room it was nice metting you and playing you, XEPH, one of the coolest of the trip, manif it wasnt for you i wouldnt have been able to play in the top 8 of SC and top 4 in Tekken, thanks for the controller, y por ultimo mi hermanaso LOLO que se porto como un hombre conaso y gano esa vaina FELICIDADES MI HERMANO TE LO MERECES, peace bitches i will see you again in SC5.

O i forgot about something, Vincent im really sorry i was not able to play you, but after tekken finals i had a really bad headache and went straight to the room, im really sorry man, i hope we can play in sc5 man congrats on your performance in the tourney.
Love you zas Omega, good showing hope they announce him for SCv soon.

Real curious how you did in Tekken.

Back