DEVASTATION 2k11 Results and shout outs!

It means Hilde getting banned had nothing to do with me. It means VC getting banned had nothing to do with me. It means I have no influence in the community at all.

Yeah but like I said we don't know they would be so sure of themselves if I was there too. Unless you can completely prove me wrong by saying this situation is written in the rules somewhere. It looks like they just made a decision in the heat of the moment.

I knew gaming tournament organizers in business suits was bad news...................lol

Vints, so the Bracket organizers fault, should ALLOW NFK to be punished?! So because its "too late" You and RTD should advance but NFK should be left to dry?! Let me remind you that losing to Lolo would be your 2nd loss, and therefore you would be eliminated. However the Bracket organizers felt like doing their own thing, and made a fresh bracket. So you already got cut some slack there.

And since you beat LP, and KCD, it shouldn't have been a problem to play NFK. You say you were 3rd but you really weren't. You played ahead a match that you shouldn't have. It was a NULL match. So you weren't 3rd. NFK is the one that got shafted, but since the TOs couldn't punish him, they had to force you guys to play another match. Which is the right thing to do.

Not taking sides, not questioning anyones skills, just telling it like it is. So you really shouldnt be over reacting. You should be happy you're 5th and not 7th.

Wasn't the alternative giving NFK a loss he never got? They set up matches that weren't supposed to happen, they were never valid when you played them. But I can understand your frustration. I'd be most irritated because extra tournament matches played with 100% concentration can be mentally draining. Especially if you're nervous while playing those matches (idk I didn't feel anything when I played my matches, including the streamed ones, but they weren't top 8. Still, after watching the full documentary of this guy http://video.nationalgeographic.com...ure-featured/adv-beyond-the-edge-honnold.html I can't justify getting nervous anymore).

Sure I'll bite because it's 28 days later and I'm still salty.

So in retrospect, Krayzie was supposed to go back in time as well and play NFK but Krayzie forfeited which skewed the results even more. In fact, Lolo thought that Krayzie was the best player there, so had he not forefeited due to the bracket fiasco, he could've won the entire tournament.

I had no idea that happened during the tournament. Just wow.

But another thing that ive noticed was that winners and losers finals was only 2 out of 3 when last year it was 3 out of 5. Also, all other games this year had it set to 3 out of 5.

It seemed like another decision made on a whim by the TO(unworthy of that name if you can't run an 8 man bracket. Sorry dude. You're gonna have to start flipping waffles and shit)

Why am I salty about this? Because it took me a throw away game to figure out that I could fight Lolo with that sexy bitch xianghua. His yoshi against my ho is 1-1 in the tournament and I never had a chance to play him with my main, apprentice.

So my question is, why was soul calibur the only game isolated and orphaned to this 'y'all hafta get da fuck outta here' format when dev was ahead of time on the stream all day for finals?

Vints, so the Bracket organizers fault, should ALLOW NFK to be punished?! So because its "too late" You and RTD should advance but NFK should be left to dry?!
Okay, not trying to pick on him BUT, really NFK should have paid attention to what was going on with his bracket. I was there and I saw everyone questioning about NFK except him. It wasn't until AFTER the matches passed that he started saying "Hey, what about me?". Now I don't know about NFK getting punished for a T.O.s fuck up but should RTD have been punished? Should anyone who was paying attention and did what they were supposed to do get punished? NO! And that is exactly what happened. The guy who was given the chance to decide everyone's out come was NFK, and I still contend that if someone should have been punished it should have been him for not paying attention to his own matches coming up. He should've been the one to say "Hey!, this is bullshit y'all are TRYING to skip me." Not "Hey, ya'll skipped me." 20 minutes and two matches after the fact.

Now I want to reiterate that I don't FAULT NFK at all. It was the T.O's fuck up. BUT when it came down to the nitty gritty and someone had to take the hit it by no means should have been RTD. He was given the option of play again or you're disqualified, which isn't really an option now is it? And he did everything he was supposed to do. That my friends was complete bullshit.

Reactions: RTD
Dino, you're putting words in my mouth. I never said NFK should get punished.

I would've suggested they let our spots be granted since we were playing under the impression it counted, but the only way to advance would be to rematch!

Therefore, the results would be:

1. lolo
2. RTD / NoFaceKiller (Tied)
3. MONEYMUFFINS
4. KrayzieCD
5. NDK

When I'm in a tournament, I always make sure to know who my next opponent is when I report my match result, mainly so I can mentally prepare myself if my opponent is good. So I'm tempted to put some of the blame on NFK for not paying attention his bracket spots, but I can't since he isn't required to.

But honestly how can you screw up an 8 man bracket? Did they get NFK confused with NDK?

Anyways it's good that people are discussing this, so that if it ever happens again it can be handled better, if anything a new thread should be made about it with all these posts moved there. That way there can be less drama here, and more props to lolo!

Congrats lolo!

How can anyone say my match with Krayzie was null? We were innocently playing our match under the impression it counted, as I said. I don’t see anyone else providing a better solution except for me saying, RTD and I should’ve been told our results counted for something. All it means is that NFK would have to tie with somebody at worst. And he ended up beating us in the rematch anyway so it all worked out.

But as it turns out, I get no prize. That's just not right!

Let me remind you that losing to Lolo would be your 2nd loss, and therefore you would be eliminated. However the Bracket organizers felt like doing their own thing, and made a fresh bracket. So you already got cut some slack there.
First of all, I wouldn't be playing lolo in the first place since he was in winner's and I was in loser's. But they reset the score, so it makes sense that I played somebody at random. In the end we all got screwed because they didn't have a RULE in place, they just made up some bullshit on the spot, and RTD and I got punished when nobody had to. But, I see an alternative to players being punished or DQd, as stated above in this post.

Haven't been on these forums in over a year. Same people arguing. Look forward to playing you guys SC5. What chars were used for this trainwreck of a tournament?

Alright, shout out time

KrayzieCD: I feel nothing but rage when I think about our last match, 2KK?? I lost to 2kk?? I made so many dumb mistakes in that match, especially when I could of 2-0'd you just by ducking 4BBK, blah. But whatever youre a fuckin legend, no more of that "I suck at this game" bs.

Xeph, Lobo, Heaton: I had so much fun in that room, you guys are some funny bastards. All those great one liners that came from there "I will GI your moms vagina back in your face" "I love me some balls" "KrayzieFeedee" ahhh good times

LP: I thought you were gonna get us kicked out of TGIFridays! You had me dyin half the time, and I still need to play you, I wanna get scuffed up!

Dest: cotton candy>you

RTD, lolo: You are both legends and play at a level I cant even imagine being on, I feel lucky just to be able to play you guys, hopefully I can give you guys some better matches next time.

Omega: Beating you in the tournament will probably be the highlight of my SC career, you're another legend, I hope to play you again sometime.

NoFace: That damn soul gauge fever! I feel I should have beat you if i stayed on my game but you took care of business, good job making it to finals 2 straight years.

Vince: GGs and nice job placing. And about you wondering if I think i'm better than you......maybe ;)

G1: Maybe sometime we'll get to actually play, nice seeing you again, but not as nice as that one chick I followed in the rave, you know whats up!

ZombieHeadShots: Big props for coming to an offline tournament, you have some potential if you stick with it.

Signia: All I saw from you werer mistakes and unrefined play! Just Kidding! GGs, you show a lot of potential and could be a threat to some players in the future, but you gotta be able to back up what you say if youre gonna talk.

GGs to everyone else I played, I had a great time, cant wait til the next one! *party rock*

Xeph, Random Nigga, Signia, Lobo.jpg

Who the fuck is that guy in the middle of Xeph and Signia? Got him in focus like he's the shit in SC4 or something.

It seemed like another decision made on a whim by the TO(unworthy of that name if you can't run an 8 man bracket. Sorry dude. You're gonna have to start flipping waffles and shit)

So my question is, why was soul calibur the only game isolated and orphaned to this 'y'all hafta get da fuck outta here' format when dev was ahead of time on the stream all day for finals?

RTD, you're my hero.

Sad to hear about the bracket fiasco. Hope you all have a better experience at NEC coming up.

Reactions: RTD
So in retrospect, Krayzie was supposed to go back in time as well and play NFK but Krayzie forfeited which skewed the results even more. In fact, Lolo thought that Krayzie was the best player there, so had he not forefeited due to the bracket fiasco, he could've won the entire tournament.

I had no idea that happened during the tournament. Just wow.

But another thing that ive noticed was that winners and losers finals was only 2 out of 3 when last year it was 3 out of 5. Also, all other games this year had it set to 3 out of 5.

meh...let me break it down...

NFK was in the bathroom for 20 minutes and didn't pay any attention to the brackets.

krayzie was the only person to come out of this thing looking in any way manly, by saying "fuck it" and letting it slide on by.

the TO assigned to our top 8 was obviously a dipshit, looking back on it. he messed up an 8 man bracket and also messed up the rules. SC wasn't "isolated" or "pushed out of the way". we had a dipshit noob volunteer running our top 8 bracket and he simply didn't know better.

frankly, though, we come off as whiny little bitches, by and large. it is a game. all that arguing and crying is over what amounts to enough money to pay for one meal in a decent restaurant.

at the end of the day, where was noface during...oh...the entire top 8 tournament? why didn't anyone say a thing until grand finals was starting? if you knew it was 3/5, and WE ALL KNEW THAT...why did nobody say anything? why did everyone play it out 2/3 and then call it a day and then come back crying about it the next week?

too bad the MK finals were too awesome and i was watching them instead of paying any attention to sc4.

like i said on the spot, RTD, there wasn't really anything that could have been done about the situation at that time. sure, it is easy to look back and say "split the pot" or "play 3/5 instead of 2/3" or whatever, but the reality of it is that those simply weren't on the table at the time. jedirobb came over and made a quick executive decision based on what he knew, and that was that. there was really no other solution.

that said, as a community or group, we need to man up and take some responsibility as well. if we are off for 20 min during grand finals without anyone knowing, we need to expect to be left out. if we are arguing to no end and the TO makes a decision, we need to respect the fact that at least that structure is in place so things could move on. if the rules (2/3-3/5) are not being followed, we need to speak up and bring it to the attention of our TO. i'm not gonna say there weren't mistakes made, but we need to stop pretending like we need to have our damn hands held every step of the way or we'll all just get lost.

Again I'm not faulting anybody, except the TO. NFK should be paying attention to his match, but at the same time, its REALLY not that hard for TOs to follow a bracket. Hell I was texting OOF and told him top 4, which included NFK, but the stream kept talking about top 3, so I was confused. I should been a stream monster and said something.

And Vints vs Krayzie, I mean we would like to count it, but its a Null match, and should NOT count for ANYthing. It was a Great Match BTW.

And Yea I agree with that playing those NULL matches is REALLY SHITTY for your mind for the Tourney. Playing a good match and having it stripped away, almost feels like stealing. I knew there was trouble for both Vints and RTD after this happened.

And Yea. LF WF not being 3 out of 5 is SHAM!! You guys should have been harassing them about this. There is no way a Major get 2/3 like that. Its for sure a "This game aint important lets get it over with".

Nori - TrainWreck?! Where have you been, dont pull a Chaos.

I think lots of people or things were at fault, but, at the end of the day, the best decision that could've been made was made. Yeah, it's true it seemed like just about EVERYONE except NFK noticed that he had been skipped and said something (and that NFK just miraculously got the balls to say something right after RTD and Vince's match concluded). But, seriously, if the TO was on his or her shit from the start, none of this would've taken place. I blame that lame ass bracket reset for everything (LP not being top 2, thousands of bracket fuck ups, etc etc >_>).

Seriously, though, from this tournament, we've all learned a major lesson in (how to avoid) accountability.

RTD - Know it sucks, but hey, NFK will be at NEC - fuck him up there.

NFK - Pay attention next time.

LP - Just fuck errbody up next time so we don't have to worry about any of this.

Back