DLC Theory: "Stone" is NOT Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are you seeing the Hwang demand? My judgement is clouded on this matter because I am a big Hwang fan.

I am sure the devs are aware that people want Hwang, I just am not sure if they are willing to meet the demand when Yun-Seong is probably an easier work in.

As for Rock, there is a decent chance the silver banner in the pass represents him. But I won't stake my life on it!

I see people demand him here and there. Twitter replies to SC posts and Youtube etc. More so than i see Yun honestly.

I used to think Yun was the more obvious pick of the two because of popularity and he's been around more often. Mind you i cant stand him at all and if i had my pick personally, i'd retcon the damn story to just ignore him in favor of Hwang but no one agrees with that.

But... it does look like they are placing emphasis on the story's integrity despite that back and forth currently going on about Zas and Cass story changes. Hwang is there in the story already and honestly what else is left? There are a couple of truely popular characters and everyone else is more or less in the same boat.

I'm also convinced now there'll be a season 3. I know a lot will call that optimism but i think they plan these things much further ahead of time than they lead on. Plus the game seems to be doing well so unless this season suddenly flops hard i'm confident they'll do a third season. 3 seasons is enough to cover most missing characters. So i suppose my point behind this is if there weren't going to be a third season, then yeah maybe they wouldnt bother with him. If there is or even if they arent certain about it, i still think they'll put in Hwang.

Okubo using the term "resurrection" was another big clue for me. IMO that has to apply to either him or Li Long. No one else would be appropriate to use that term.

Last edited:
I've seen more Hwang demand than for Yun Seong as well. To be frank, from what I've seen he's been the second most requested behind Setsuka out of those characters who are left. I certainly would like for him to be in the game too.
This isn't the case for any SC game that may come after VI, but for this one Hwang is far more likely to make it in than Yun if the devs had to choose between the two, from my perspective.

I've seen more Hwang demand than for Yun Seong as well. To be frank, from what I've seen he's been the second most requested behind Setsuka out of those characters who are left. I certainly would like for him to be in the game too.
This isn't the case for any SC game that may come after VI, but for this one Hwang is far more likely to make it in than Yun if the devs had to choose between the two, from my perspective.
Aeon/Lizardman seems to be a close third especially given the datamine from several months back.

The evidence is on Hwang's side far more than Yun-seong's side, though.

Hwang: Is in Seong Mi-na's Soul Chronicle as well as Libra of Soul, is seen in situations that would involve combat if it were other characters, but doesn't actually appear in battle. Notably, Han-myeong, who uses the same style as Hwang, does come up in one of those Libra of Souls side quest strings, and you fight him, where he is shown using Mitsurugi's form. Other Seong Dojang disciples are seen using Mitsurugi, Seong Mi-na, and Talim styles. So they could have just had Hwang using Mitsurugi's style as a custom character if they wanted, but chose not to. It's curious.

Yun-seong: Was mentioned once in one of Seong Mi-na's Libra of Soul quests. Did not make an appearance. Was too busy working on his Hwang shrine.

Aeon/Lizardman seems to be a close third especially given the datamine from several months back.
The case for Aeon mostly stems from the incomplete Lesser Lizardman style, that can be argued is the partial work in progress of Aeon himself.

I’ll be honest. I don’t think hwang was ever planned to be a character on the roster. I think by the time people were requesting him the development of the game was too far and the roster was set. The only one I see being cut content is lizardman because of what has been left in the game. His weapon icon is unique in Libra and his movelist is some weird mishmash.

The only purpose I see of Lizardman being a dlc is to advertise rock.

That’s because well...he’s a lizard. People assume that just because he’s in the story that means it’s a hint for lizardman dlc. I don’t agree. He has nothing to say or hint at because he’s a lizard who can’t speak!

So if he’s dlc it’s so they can involve him with someone else in the story, and he has some role with rock in SC1

That’s because well...he’s a lizard. People assume that just because he’s in the story that means it’s a hint for lizardman dlc. I don’t agree. He has nothing to say or hint at because he’s a lizard who can’t speak!
While yes, he is a lizard, he has a relatively complex backstory which is underappreciated, because most people just see him as "the lizard guy". Imagine him having a Soul Chronicle where you see/play him as a human, witness his becoming a lizard, getting his experience of coming to grips with this fact, turning to the gods for help, being shunned, and eventually falling in with the wrong crowd (Schwarzstrom). It has a ton of potential, and maybe can give him some much needed backing as a character. You're proving this point right now!

The only purpose I see of Lizardman being a dlc is to advertise rock.

So if he’s dlc it’s so they can involve him with someone else in the story, and he has some role with rock in SC1
But yes, his story does cross paths with Rock, as he is the one who destroys Rock's axe while Rock is protecting Bangoo. If we get Aeon in season 2, and this story event happens, it will definitely be a push for a season 3 that includes Rock.

I really hope Aeon does become a part of Season 2 honestly. You see him briefly in Astaroth’s story and referenced in Libra of Soul but is never actually fought in the Story at all. Plus, it would be a crime to see his unfinished moveset go to waste.

Part of the reason for the Hwang demand for some, myself included, is for many, Hwang is such an old character, he's practically a new character at this point.

I agree with this. To anyone who's only played games after his absence, he's effectively brand new and there have been two now. Three if you dont count SC3AE.

I agree with this. To anyone who's only played games after his absence, he's effectively brand new and there have been two now. Three if you dont count SC3AE.
Four if you don’t count Assassin from SoulCalibur II. And if you never played SoulBlade or SoulCalibur, and haven’t heard otherwise, you would have no reason to assume Assassin was anyone other than a generic NPC.

Edit: Typo fix.

Last edited:
Let’s pray that he gets treated like a new character then, and gets a decent quality model! I’ve heard that Japanese players want Yun-seong though. So it will probably affect project souls decision

Let’s pray that he gets treated like a new character then, and gets a decent quality model! I’ve heard that Japanese players want Yun-seong though. So it will probably affect project souls decision
Let go of your hurt, Dissidia--unburden yourself and embrace his return. Soon you will be one with the Hwang.

And be doubly happy: he looks to be first in line. You won't have to wait that full year to get to the prize, like Cassandra fans did this last season pass, and Rock fans will have to do with this upcoming season.

Last edited:
Now I imagined a reveal trailer where in the smoke we can see the silhouette of Hwang and as soon as he is to reveal himself he gets pushed away by Yun that makes his goofy entrance and narrator says "Yoonsoong!"
On a side note, your spelling for phonetic emphasis there incidentally reminds me of one advantage of Hwang over Yun-seong: sparing us all having to read five hundred thousand lame Yun-SOON memes..

Now I imagined a reveal trailer where in the smoke we can see the silhouette of Hwang and as soon as he is to reveal himself he gets pushed away by Yun that makes his goofy entrance and narrator says "Yoonsoong!"

20190817_135046.png
20190817_135507.png

I keep on wondering and that is absolutely offtopic - who is this character?
Lol, Himiko Yumeno from Danganronpa V3. Tsumugi Shirogane with blue hair is also from the same game, but in a few posts ago she went bye-bye and Iwill be using this girl now with my special type of nonsense.

In topic I want Rock over a buff-Amazonian character.

Lol, Himiko Yumeno from Danganronpa V3. Tsumugi Shirogane with blue hair is also from the same game, but in a few posts ago she went bye-bye and Iwill be using this girl now with my special type of nonsense.

In topic I want Rock over a buff-Amazonian character.

We will never get a buff barbarian woman, sexy barbarian woman or Amazonian woman in SoulCalibur 6. That's for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back