DLC Theory: Stone *is* Rock

Whatever that means.

I mean, she says she's not an SCV zealot but that's all I can assume when she both praises the game and fights so hard to prove we're still going there.

But, nah. I've done this song and dance too many times. It's time to drop this shit. I believe S2 will close on a newcomer, and if not a rebooted Viola. That's that.

You know why I get so angry at you with this? It's because I can't have even one, and I mean one motherfucking conversation about this without you instantly jumping in with this bullshit. Every fucking time.
I really don't treat you any differently than anyone else, honest. I just don't have this struggle with anyone else in part because of your hostile reactions to what I'm saying and continuing to create opportunities for me to respond in the ways that I do. It started because you asserted Viola being an adult clone of Amy was feasible, when I counter that by saying that Amy's Soul Chronicle in itself contradicts that notion. Crystal balls are long-standing symbols of fortune telling, predicting the future, all that sort of thing. So it's extremely rational that the foreshadowing was that Amy's future is Viola, not an adjacent-clone Viola taking her image for no apparent reason.

It's like you have some kind sixth sense with this shit. You know how tiresome that is? Oh, and I LOOOOOOVE your Groh = Z.W.E.I. theory, and in case you couldn't tell, that's sarcasm. There is NOTHING connecting the two, and they have nothing in common besides an over-the-top appearance but that's hardly exclusive to them. If they were connected, we'd actually get hints to it. Hell, they don't even have the same stats in appearance, nor do they share voice actors. Compare to Raphael = Nightmare in SCV being legitimate, because they do.
Has been addressed, has been discussed, but this is you bringing more into the discussion here that wasn't here until you yourself brought it up. This one is also a 50-50, could be, couldn't be, though I acknowledged the less certainty in this than I ever was Raphmare, so that I'd even lower it to 25-75 against my theory, but it's very much not an impossible outcome. If I take issue with you, its your refuting unknowns as impossibles instead of maybes. The problem with Grøh is that we know basically nothing about him beyond the surface, much like Z.W.E.I., which is why I'm hoping he actually is in Hilde's story, so we can get some more details about him. And if Z.W.E.I. returns, Grøh or not, I hope for the same for him. Having characters without backstory or anything else known about them creates the levels of uncertainty that would even lead someone to even possibly jump on a theory such as Grøh = Z.W.E.I. in the first place. If writers made things crystal clear, it wouldn't be necessary and wouldn't happen.

And yeah, it is backed by Okubo. It came straight from him, he said it was the entire theme of the game, and there's overwhelming evidence to support it, and the best you can do is cite Okubo making a vague comment in an interview. It's a flimsy argument, but it's all you got. Oh, and it's one easily countered, considering it can easily be referring to this being a new timeline and the old one still being canon in a form. You seem to think being a reboot must be a drastic reinvention of the original, but that's not it. A reboot is simply a new continuity, which this is.
And as I've pointed out before, "reboot" was used early in development, then the interview happened where Okubo said, you know, "reboot" wasn't the right word to use... and then after that, they didn't use "reboot" again. It's just because "reboot" was used early on that it was accepted as law, even though it stopped being used, even though the game came out and has contradicting evidence to that being the case. But yes, a proper "reboot" is one that takes something in a new direction, otherwise there's not really much reason to do it in the first place. New/original timeline, continuity for sure, we don't know either way right now. It's unclear. It could go either way. Until it goes one way or the other, I'm where I'm at and you're where you're at. Neither of us is right, but neither of us is wrong either. I can accept that, but you apparently can't.

I really don't treat you any differently than anyone else, honest. I just don't have this struggle with anyone else in part because of your hostile reactions to what I'm saying and continuing to create opportunities for me to respond in the ways that I do. It started because you asserted Viola being an adult clone of Amy was feasible, when I counter that by saying that Amy's Soul Chronicle in itself contradicts that notion. Crystal balls are long-standing symbols of fortune telling, predicting the future, all that sort of thing. So it's extremely rational that the foreshadowing was that Amy's future is Viola, not an adjacent-clone Viola taking her image for no apparent reason.

Has been addressed, has been discussed, but this is you bringing more into the discussion here that wasn't here until you yourself brought it up. This one is also a 50-50, could be, couldn't be, though I acknowledged the less certainty in this than I ever was Raphmare, so that I'd even lower it to 25-75 against my theory, but it's very much not an impossible outcome. If I take issue with you, its your refuting unknowns as impossibles instead of maybes. The problem with Grøh is that we know basically nothing about him beyond the surface, much like Z.W.E.I., which is why I'm hoping he actually is in Hilde's story, so we can get some more details about him. And if Z.W.E.I. returns, Grøh or not, I hope for the same for him. Having characters without backstory or anything else known about them creates the levels of uncertainty that would even lead someone to even possibly jump on a theory such as Grøh = Z.W.E.I. in the first place. If writers made things crystal clear, it wouldn't be necessary and wouldn't happen.

And as I've pointed out before, "reboot" was used early in development, then the interview happened where Okubo said, you know, "reboot" wasn't the right word to use... and then after that, they didn't use "reboot" again. It's just because "reboot" was used early on that it was accepted as law, even though it stopped being used, even though the game came out and has contradicting evidence to that being the case. But yes, a proper "reboot" is one that takes something in a new direction, otherwise there's not really much reason to do it in the first place. New/original timeline, continuity for sure, we don't know either way right now. It's unclear. It could go either way. Until it goes one way or the other, I'm where I'm at and you're where you're at. Neither of us is right, but neither of us is wrong either. I can accept that, but you apparently can't.
Gee, do you just blank out every time I point the evidence that it is a reboot? Again, he made a vague comment about it not being the right word once, and that comment doesn't say "It's definitively not a reboot", it's more akin to "I'm not sure if reboot can quite describe this". Looking at the story itself, you have proof that it's reboot, and you have OT Cassandra warning NT Cassandra of a dark and cruel future that must be prevented, and Cass gaining weapons she never had. So I can get why he said that, it's because the original stories that happened are canon as an alternate timeline.

The reason I'm so hostile, as you put it, is because I'm tired of always having to deal with you.

Just out of curiosity, Dante:

How would you react if we really are in a reboot? As in, you get something so monumental, that you can't possibly maneuver around, that completely proves this is a reboot and there's no going back? Honestly, I thought the Zas and Cass endings would be good enough, but say something is big enough by your standards. How do you react to that?

You need to pay more attention to how people say things. Context matters.

Give me a video interview and then context will matter. Until they unveil a newcomer, you have nothing but your intuition to prove there will be one.

Give me a video interview and then context will matter. Until they unveil a newcomer, you have nothing but your intuition to prove there will be one.
What's your proof there isn't one? Your arguments were flimsy things like "They wouldn't want to steal Haohmaru's spotlight" or "they don't have enough resources", which don't hold much weight. The fact that they didn't confirm it was all legacies, and that Okubo hesitated when asked, tells me something is up, especially when 2B was foreshadowed much in the same way.

What's your proof there isn't one? Your arguments were flimsy things like "They wouldn't want to steal Haohmaru's spotlight" or "they don't have enough resources", which don't hold much weight. The fact that they didn't confirm it was all legacies, and that Okubo hesitated when asked, tells me something is up, especially when 2B was foreshadowed much in the same way.

They confirmed nothing. They confirmed nothing about veterans, they confirmed nothing about newcomers. So we have NOTHING. This whole newcomer thing is solely your invention.

Just out of curiosity, Dante:

How would you react if we really are in a reboot? As in, you get something so monumental, that you can't possibly maneuver around, that completely proves this is a reboot and there's no going back? Honestly, I thought the Zas and Cass endings would be good enough, but say something is big enough by your standards. How do you react to that?
I’ll accept the terms and move forward with properly set expectations. They simply haven’t convinced me that we aren’t in a closed time loop scenario as of right this moment. I’m not disputing that Cassandra and Zasalamel are possible causes for new continuity, I’m just also not discrediting the possibility that they aren’t at the same time.

They confirmed nothing. They confirmed nothing about veterans, they confirmed nothing about newcomers. So we have NOTHING. This whole newcomer thing is solely your invention.
My invention? No, if anything it's Kayane's invention so take up your grievances with her.

My invention? No, if anything it's Kayane's invention so take up your grievances with her.

Your judgement has been proven to be spotty. You want a dark skinned lesbian barbarian muscular woman like this

1574725221017.png

over Yun-Seong who is a proven popular character. If you had stated that you wanted a sexy character in the vein of Rachel from DOA then I think you would have more clout. But since you anchored yourself to the barbarian, you have no credibility I'm afraid.....

I mean yikes who wants a roided up woman? Is this archetype supposed to be a waifu!!?!?

Give us this instead. At least I have good taste! This is better archetype for an axe wielding woman
1574725335397.png

No, you dumbass. I only entertained the idea for a brief spell because of Vergeben, but really he was just making shit up. There was no such thing, and she's not even in the Top 10 of what I want to see come to SC (as I've said many times over). There are many concepts I would love, like witches, hooksword users, new ninjas, a lady with six arms etc.

Also, I'm clearly not the one who "invented" it, as I was directed to the interview by someone else who pointed it out. And I'm not the only one who believes in it:
Back before Hilde's reveal, someone made this prediction and it was positively received (the lack of Hilde was the negative point, but now...). So yeah, keep up your made up bullshit if it makes you feel any better. Let me know when you're back among the living.

Y'know, Nyte, if you just stopped picking fights with Dante, you wouldn't be getting into these arguments you're soooo tired of. Let her post her theories without flying off the handle and losing your fucking mind all the time. Just ignore them. There. Problem solved.
Are you even aware that literally every argument you get into on this website is purely because of your own inability to conduct yourself like a rational adult any tine you disagree with someone?

Y'know, Nyte, if you just stopped picking fights with Dante, you wouldn't be getting into these arguments you're soooo tired of. Let her post her theories without flying off the handle and losing your fucking mind all the time. Just ignore them. There. Problem solved.
Are you even aware that literally every argument you get into on this website is purely because of your own inability to conduct yourself like a rational adult any tine you disagree with someone?
I don't "pick" fights with Dante. I engage with others in lore conversation and then she butts to post that shit, and it's the same old song and dance. I could handle it the first few times, but it gets old on the 167th instance of it.

I don't "pick" fights with Dante. I engage with others in lore conversation and then she butts to post that shit, and it's the same old song and dance. I could handle it the first few times, but it gets old on the 167th instance of it.
She innocuously states her own opinions and you cuss her out for it. Every time. Sounds like picking a fight to me. Plenty of people disagree with her as well but don't feel the need to scream at her whenever she posts. Because what would the point even fucking be? To be an asshole?

She innocuously states her own opinions and you cuss her out for it. Every time. Sounds like picking a fight to me. Plenty of people disagree with her as well but don't feel the need to scream at her whenever she posts. Because what would the point even fucking be? To be an asshole?
She doesn't "innocuously" do it. She immediately comes in and completely derails all conversation. I can't even have a good conversation about the Soulcalibur future because of her, at least not around here.

Back