Dragon's Dogma

is the dark arisen a DLC or another game (like Super DD)? looks sweet! can't wait for the hard mode, wanna fight something tough with all this cool gear/abilities i have other than the Ur-dragon.

btw: what gen is the ur-dragon on at the moment
Dark Arisen is DLC. Ur Dragon is on gen 119 at the moment. I almost want to redo my character to be a Ur hunter but it's hard building a good Mystic knight. You need good magic and strength. >.<

^Play Two Worlds. :P

"Let's play some music."

BlazBlue's voice acting is straight up criminal.

You... you don't like it? I thought the BB voice acting was great in general. Considering it was entirely comprised of anime vets I think it was what it aimed to be.

Thumbs up for playing a good guy though King, I am always the same way.

Btw, this must be a good game. I have been waiting months to pick it up at a discount and the price is still so high. Maybe I'll have some luck come black friday.

"Let's play some music."

You... you don't like it? I thought the BB voice acting was great in general. Considering it was entirely comprised of anime vets I think it was what it aimed to be.

Thumbs up for playing a good guy though King, I am always the same way.

Btw, this must be a good game. I have been waiting months to pick it up at a discount and the price is still so high. Maybe I'll have some luck come black friday.
Of course I am referring to the dub in BB.

I think this game is awesome. T he one thing it lacked IMO that I was really waiting for is difficulty. This Dark Arisen DLC seems to be bringing a Hard mode. Me as a D-Souls enthusiast couldn't be more thrilled to play this game again in 2013.

I think this game is awesome. T he one thing it lacked IMO that I was really waiting for is difficulty. This Dark Arisen DLC seems to be bringing a Hard mode. Me as a D-Souls enthusiast couldn't be more thrilled to play this game again in 2013.
The Hard Mode update is actually separate from the Dark Arisen DLC. The update will be sometime before the year ends.

after beating The Dragon and the duke attacks you, does he KNOW you killed dragon and frames you to keep his power? or does he really believe you took the dragon's bargain? (btw my 1st playthrough's "love interest" was fournival lo)

Favorite classes anybody? My top three are Ranger, Assassin, and Mystic Knight. I really miss this game :( I forget if I misplaced it or sold it. Also, Assassin has ridiculous DPS it's hilarious. Killing gore chimeras, drakes, and cockatrices in less than twenty seconds is LOL. Tenfold arrow is sexy, and MK cannon is bannanas. Everything else is sorta meh for me, except the sorcerer's crazy magic. Too bad it takes 5 years to cast one spell :/ I also would've like the warrior more if he wasn't so weak in this game. I was a big greatsword guy in Monster Hunter so it kinda disappointed. Hopefully he gets improved in the next one.

Mystic Knight, Ranger, and Assassin are my favorites.

MK, is the most broken class I've ever seen. You can literally take down any enemy in the game with this class with ease. Killing Chimeras in 4 hits is hilarious.

Ranger, it's pretty nice with the correct augments. Sniping with 10 fold flurry with the precision and preparation augments is hilarious.

Assassin simply because you get a bow along with a sword. I don't care for daggers in this game or in any game. All I need now is a class that can use a longbow and daggers. Lol

ranger, magick archer, strider.

the warrior/mage classes never really got my attention. i also prefer to take down griffins with my own weapon than to rely on pawns or magic. magick archer was really fun, i loved using the light arrows to light up the way when exploring dark/nighttime areas. really versatile.

guess i still prefer the ranger since i'm most comfortable with it

Hard to pick a favorite, but i'd say Assassin is in my top 3. I love doing Masterful Kill on enemies, especially bosses. Nothing looks cooler than going ninja on people and cutting their necks, or dodging a huge boss attack and cutting their arms and legs. And with Gale Harness i can get around the map much quicker.

Magick Archer is cool just because they make arrows of magic, reminds me a lot of Clock Tower, or really any media with light arrows in them. Plus it has amazing versatility, i can go from long range, to melee range, to magical AOE attacks whenever.

And i guess my third would be Strider. The cords are too much fun. Also jumping off enemy heads and spinning through the air. Sorcerer would be amazingly cool if i wasnt left so vulnerable, charging up like a DBZ character while creatures wail on me.

after beating The Dragon and the duke attacks you, does he KNOW you killed dragon and frames you to keep his power? or does he really believe you took the dragon's bargain? (btw my 1st playthrough's "love interest" was fournival lo)

Speaking of unanswered questions the ending did leave me with a few. Like happens to the position of Senechal? And how is the world going to function since what happened? Plus more if i knew how to spoiler.

So I bought a copy of this game. It should be here in about a week. Anything I should know to get me started?

Stat gain is different for each class and permanent so pick wisely. Your PSN and Live friends with the game's Pawns are free to use so abuse them by throwing them off cliffs.

Stat gain is different for each class and permanent so pick wisely. Your PSN and Live friends with the game's Pawns are free to use so abuse them by throwing them off cliffs.
Why do I want to throw them off cliffs?

Also, I like to play tanks in RPGs, heavily armored gents who draw aggro and soak/mitigate damage for thier friends. So with that in mind what class do I want and are the hybrid classes all about damage?

Why do I want to throw them off cliffs?
If you do they get rewarded no rift crystals and you're a dick. Lol
Also, I like to play tanks in RPGs, heavily armored gents who draw aggro and soak/mitigate damage for thier friends. So with that in mind what class do I want and are the hybrid classes all about damage?
The Fighter makes the best tank. Assassin is a about physical damage. Ranger is the highest ranged damage. MK just does everything, everything but draw aggro.

Mystic Knights work very well late into the game because of their light based magic and party wide buffs.

Also do friends even get rift crystals anyways when you use their Pawn? I never got any.

Mystic Knights work very well late into the game because of their light based magic and party wide buffs.
Yeah, they also can do extremely heavy damage via great cannons and abyssal anguish. That's not even considering that they can abuse elemental weaknesses.

Yeah, they also can do extremely heavy damage via great cannons and abyssal anguish. That's not even considering that they can abuse elemental weaknesses.

Build straight magic then switch to mystic knight. Late game damage and tank like mad.

Back