Fan-made SOUL EDGE 2 Game Demo/Beta!

• Admin
A fellow member of 8WAYRUN @saki has been working tirelessly for the past few months on a fan-made version of SOUL EDGE 2. The game is based on the very popular M.U.G.E.N. platform, so naturally its a 2D, 6 button fighter. But this isn't just some simple M.U.G.E.N. mod; he's customized everything, down to the menus and the music.

Since this is the first public version of the game, only a few characters are currently available: Cervantes, Mitsurugi, Taki, Sophitia, Siegfried, Nightmare, Ivy, Astaroth, Seong Mi-Na, Jin Kazama (Tekken) and Saber (Fate). There are also seven iconic Soulcalibur stages recreated in 2D form. Saki informs us that not all characters are complete (only 4 characters even have throws), and that this is strictly a beta.

mugen000.png mugen001.png mugen002.png mugen003.png mugen004.png mugen005.png mugen008.png mugen009.png mugen010.png

Downloads:

Instructions for use:
  1. Extract the first part named "Soul Edge II" to somewhere on your computer, "My Documents" is probably the easiest place to remember.
  2. Extract the other four parts into the "Soul Edge II" folder.
  3. If you've correctly done this your folder should look like this.
  4. Run the "MUGEN" application and your game will start.
To navigate the menu use the arrow keys and "a" on your keyboard or "Enter" to select an option. You can configure your inputs in the Options menu to suit your needs. The default input uses "a" and "s" for attacking with your weapon or fists; "z", "x" and "c" are used to attack with kicks. To taunt you can use "f". To use power-ups, press "d" and "c" simultaneously.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
i made those characters the whole thing i credit the people who made some of the other characters sprites and some of the stages i made and credited the people who made some stages and songs nothing was stolen this is a demo of the full game

mugen is not about stealing or just putting stuff together it is a fighting engine like rpg game maker and bor engine

i use mugen to make games/ dream games for everyone
i can't help it if you can't take mugen as an engine for full games
every engine is not taken this way

So much drama. Anyone who actually took the time to download and test this knows that this guy took existing sprites and coded all the characters from scratch. The only thing he didn't make is the stages, but he gives credit to the original authors in the game itself.

You may dislike the final result, obviously not everyone is going to like freeware game someone made in his free time. But to assume shit about him and accuse him of "stealing" content simply because of the engine he is using is just being a dick for the sake of being a dick.

edit for @saki I really like what you've done with Mitsurugi and Taki. I don't know who Erza is, but that super in the end is crazy overpowered. TBH I liked this much better when it was just SC characters. Seriously, why are Pacman, Sora, and all those other people in this? And what's up with that airplane stage? I thought this was just SC put in 2D.

Last edited:
You don't necessarily have to credit shit if you're doing something entirely non-profit with something. You most definitely don't if they didn't set any special terms for use of their intellectual property. Which - considering those sprites are mostly of already copyrighted material - I seriously doubt there's any issues here, since the original animators probably didn't even get permission from the creators of the characters they animated or whatever into MUGEN in the first place.

Looking at the .def files for the assets shows multiple different authors, and there is no such credit for them in the files other than the hidden ones put there by the people that made the assets.
Which ones? I'm going through the characters' DEF and CMD files and all I see is that he used the DivineWolf template. The stages that aren't his do appear as credited to their original authors.

the only ones with different authors are the stages i gave credit for sprites and stages i edit the soul calibur sprites except for mitsrugi he will have updated sprites but gave credit

the airplane stage was supposed to be a reminiscent stage of Galaga with the music along with Pac-Man as the DLC character

not every character will have the same damage level like in most fighting games this game was made like this because we all love the guest characters for soul calibur well why not make a versus fan game of soul calibur characters going against different characters from other series

and there will be one more dlc character pac-man was for the sake of the namco side now the next dlc character will be fun to see if some of you are fans of them more patches will be released soon!

i said i gave credit and the guy who made Akira said it is open source
i thought this website was for Soul Calibur fans not dealing with this kind of stuff i don't think i will post any patches here

@Onyyx everything you said is wrong

just because it is made from the mugen "ENGINE" does not mean anything is stolen i did the work and gave credit you don't understand anything i said

if you don't like this then leave and let other people have fun it's not my fault you don't like this because i used this like a real engine instead of messing around with it

im sorry if you feel this way but i can't help your feelings other people like this and thats fine with me you don't have to explain

and for crying out loud its a demo!!!!!!!!

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back