Fan-made SOUL EDGE 2 Game Demo/Beta!

• Admin
A fellow member of 8WAYRUN @saki has been working tirelessly for the past few months on a fan-made version of SOUL EDGE 2. The game is based on the very popular M.U.G.E.N. platform, so naturally its a 2D, 6 button fighter. But this isn't just some simple M.U.G.E.N. mod; he's customized everything, down to the menus and the music.

Since this is the first public version of the game, only a few characters are currently available: Cervantes, Mitsurugi, Taki, Sophitia, Siegfried, Nightmare, Ivy, Astaroth, Seong Mi-Na, Jin Kazama (Tekken) and Saber (Fate). There are also seven iconic Soulcalibur stages recreated in 2D form. Saki informs us that not all characters are complete (only 4 characters even have throws), and that this is strictly a beta.

mugen000.png mugen001.png mugen002.png mugen003.png mugen004.png mugen005.png mugen008.png mugen009.png mugen010.png

Downloads:

Instructions for use:
  1. Extract the first part named "Soul Edge II" to somewhere on your computer, "My Documents" is probably the easiest place to remember.
  2. Extract the other four parts into the "Soul Edge II" folder.
  3. If you've correctly done this your folder should look like this.
  4. Run the "MUGEN" application and your game will start.
To navigate the menu use the arrow keys and "a" on your keyboard or "Enter" to select an option. You can configure your inputs in the Options menu to suit your needs. The default input uses "a" and "s" for attacking with your weapon or fists; "z", "x" and "c" are used to attack with kicks. To taunt you can use "f". To use power-ups, press "d" and "c" simultaneously.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
It doesn't let me choose a character for it. Did you not get that part?
Of course I did, no need to be impertinent (especially when you're the one who didn't get what I said).

2P has to be chosen with 2P's controls. Go to input configuration and set up the controls for the second player (press F2). Then use those to choose the second player.

It should work.

its ONE guy doing all this work and - as far as i know - doing it as an unpaid hobby. I find it VERY impressive.
Obviously as a community any glaring bugs/imbalances we should help identify.

I think the range for Asta's normals should be re-worked. Right now, he is the King of Zoning and all I have to use his MK and HK.

Also, if you could clean up the sprites a bit that would be fantaaaaastic

Last edited:
I'd actually like to see this game go somewhere. I'll add more stuff to things that could be changed or rebalanced.

Requests to how Siegfried works.

-Make his current 214 moves into target combos
-Make standing x combo into itself like his AAB
-Change standing y into BB string
-change standing z into 88/22A or 44A
-Jumping x becomes angled 8A, y becomes 8B, z becomes 44B
-A changed to his standing K, B to his 3K, C into 6K
-Jumping A into 8K, B into angled 77/11K, C into dropkick
-Give him an anti air through 623, his 4A or 3B
-Make the dash in his 236x/y/z have invincible frames
-Give him Chief and Base hold, make him spin into it and be invincible through the spin, make his base hold moves super unsafe but give him super armor on them.
-Make his Base Hold KBE a wall carrying super

Live streams

14 Viewers
LuciChanDayo
LuciChanDayo
[R18+] We are back... In The Age Of History!!! | Libra Of Souls Run | Maybe a Story Mode| LETS GO!!! | Also Special Announcement !!!!
1 Viewers
dante87zockt
dante87zockt
Fetzen mit Mausi 💕9Bis zu 100Kämpfe

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member