[Feb 24, 2011] World Game Cup 2011 (Cannes, France)

Who the hell would replace the term "coolness" with "OOF"... it's a major contradiction...

Consider me the 3rd guy out of Team Singapore this time round..
I'm still feeling the hurt of that 49 Euro fish i ate....

But it was so bloody good...

Im sure people would love it when SW is unbanned, so 150 people need to download Vader, train against him and go to the tournament with zero practice against good Vader players. But then Oof could come :)

@ Oof

You dont have a serious secondary? :)

RTD
Great words RTD. I didn't expect that.
Even if some players still want to play against/with her, majority decided.
I'm pretty confident you'll still be a legendary player with an other character.

Oof
StarWars character are not banned because they are broken. That is not the point.
We, players, decide the game we wanna play. And not the game decide for players.
In France, we decide not to play with StarWars.
I know it's unfair, espescially to you the best starwars character player.
But that's the way it is.

Good words RTD.

I really hope to see all of you again ! I am sad the Shen can't come, they were cool and great players !

@OOF :

Train a secondary character, then come ! It will be a pleasure !
But you can't ask to allow a character we banned since SC4 started. It's not about being broken or not.

@S-U : I remember the MMs ! S-U : "I want MM ! MM !! MM !! Who wants to do MMs ??" Me : "I am in, let's start !" S-U "Okay, but let's do this tomorrow, because now I am tired...." And the day after... no S-U in the room. Ha ha ha !

I am still in for 10€ MM Setsu-Kilik !

hi ppl i'll go to cannes with my best friends (andy voldo player and devilkazuya raphael player) to know many great players like malek, maxou keev and others at this great event! bye

France, please allow Vader, Vader is a standar char, so Oof can go.
Furzy, let's team up for Namu team.

France, please allow Vader, Vader is a standar char, so Oof can go.

^^Agreed. He did absolutely amazing at the iron man tournament, too. 55 wins, 6 losses, I believe. Everyone has seen him play since EVO 2009, so it's not too surprising how he plays anymore.

@ Oof

You dont have a serious secondary? :)
@OOF :

Train a secondary character, then come ! It will be a pleasure !
But you can't ask to allow a character we banned since SC4 started. It's not about being broken or not.

Of course I can use a secondary character at the tournament. But I've been maining Darth Vader for almost 2 years now. I put a lot of time into him to make him my very best character, so with no other character can I play as well as I can with him. So with that said, why would I pay hundreds of dollars to travel to a tournament where I can't play at my 100% to the best of my abilities?

OOF - Learn a REAL Character. Stop relying on Shenanigans to do so well...
Says the man who runs to Voldo to win. ;)

Edit/ Oh wait, you don't win. Never mind. :)

Yes.

Not a chance about Vader, Apprentice or Yoda. Sry.

I'll give you more about the whole event as soon as possible.

u guys have to have the background commentary etc as well. Only gameplay streams i find are extremely boring.

What's the airport's name in Cannes? Is its ID CEQ? How far is it from Paris?

If there's a reasonably quick travel option I may think about coming.

There is no airport at Cannes.
The airport near Cannes is NICE.
From Nice to Cannes, there are some bus (20 minutes).

Paris is far from Cannes, approx. 1000 km.
But if you decide to go in Paris first, then you'll be able to travel with French players from Paris.
We'll probably take a train Paris-Cannes and Cannes-Paris for 6/7 hours which will cost 60 euros (that was the price last year).

And I can probably find easily some people to host you in Paris if needed.

Oh, so that's how it is... this means I probably won't be able to come because by the time WGC starts my summer semestre will have already started and I will not have enough free time during the weekk :( Thanks anyway.

If people are interested in going to this, perhaps we should REALLY get the ball going (expenses, random info, who's interested, alibis, and so on and so fourth). I mean, I think everyone can learn a bit from the way things went down last year.

Back