[Feb 24, 2011] World Game Cup 2011 (Cannes, France)

If I can help, even a little, I'd like to.

Thanks for tryin w/the unbannin malek!

We are still tryin/thinkin/hopin to get someone over there.

Talim JP: Seeing Oosaka would be wonderful, his maxi is fascinating indeed.

Malek: I'm still thinking if I can make it, as always it seems I will have to decide in the final moment.

But It is certain that Rufus, Russia's best Taki is coming for you this year. He is also planning on robbing Keysona of money, will Keysona accept MM with Rufus or chicken out?

But It is certain that Rufus, Russia's best Taki is coming for you this year. He is also planning on robbing Keysona of money, will Keysona accept MM with Rufus or chicken out?

I hope he is as enjoyable as you :)
Looks like i need to learn how to fight Taki now, lol :) You have to come too, Belial! Its gonna be kick-ass!

I just booked my flight btw. Im going to Geneva before and after to visit Furzy and Cliff and then come with them:

Arrival in Nice: 24.2, 7.35 am
Departure to Geneva: 28.2. 21.35 pm

This time I booked my flight back not in the morning so i dont fucking pay 150 Euros for the Taxi, lol :)

See you in Cannes...doc.

How about making a donation topic on the 8wayrun forum too?
I'll put 50 euros on the donation on the french forum, but it'd be cool to see US players participate too… I'd love to play Whoaaz and I have to get my revenge against thugish :p

Talim JP: Seeing Oosaka would be wonderful, his maxi is fascinating indeed.

Malek: I'm still thinking if I can make it, as always it seems I will have to decide in the final moment.

There is a comp this week end. Keysona will be there.
I'll ask to him about Rufus. For me no prob, I accept any challenge as always.
Hope to see you again my friend.

Do Rufus need a room ? I can book for him, just as I did for you last year if needed.
Is everything already planned for him ?

Note.
Currently 180euros from donation.

EDIT TalimJP:
Hey, thx. No news of Japan since a long time now.
I once talk to Oosaka on the japanese streaming chat, but it was months ago...
What's going on over there ?
Once more, do not hesitate to ask me for anything.
As I told you, everything is planned in case a Japanese players can make it to France.
See you

Don't know who will/can go (or if oosaka can go).
I gotta work so I can't come, but wish I could come to meet everyone, watch and get some games.

malek- We're still thinkin/talkin over here but it sounds like somethin may happen this time.
I'll mail ya when I get more solid news.
You know I'm ready to give you more Talim fights next time we meet! ; )
(I'm sure you're shakin, haha).

World Game Cup 2K11 Online Registration

The online registration service is now available for payment for the CONSOLE TOURNAMENTS AREA and ARCADE TOURNAMENT AREA (Including the Tougeki European Qualifier for Super Street Fighter IV ARCADE EDITION)

We'd like to remind you that it won't be possible to register at the venue.

- Registration will close on February the 18th 2011 at midnight CET.
- Each registration fee will be €5 more expensive after February the 10th 2011 at midnight CET.
- You'll be able to pick up your "player badge" from Friday February the 25th 2011 to Sunday February the 27th 2011, at the "admin" booth of the World Game Cup.
- If you so choose to enter a tournament on your arrival day, you must pick up your badge at the booth before 11AM.
- The pools / brackets will be announced on our official website on Sunday February the 20th 2011.

Click here to register :
http://www.worldgamecup.com/articles.php?article=9033

Malek: I'll also be glad to see you again.

I'll ask Rufus to contact you if you dont mind. But you dont seem to get any PM's on 8wr, is there another way to reach you?

Most probably I will go, but I will say my final decision next week. I think there are a bunch of russians this year (at least 2 are certain (rufus and Biologin (he plays Guilty Gear I think) so we might want to get in same room, I'll ask other guys what they are thinking and let you know. Also I dont know what to do with the money I got from last WGC, I dont really need it, but if I could use it to support other Russian players or USA or Japanese players that makes sense to recieve it then. Is it possible that I say WGC orgs to give it to you and you use it for donation pool?

The reason why Rufus is out for Keysona b/c he feels confident in matchup with Mitsurugi, but I dont think he will accept MM with you... I shall tell him about your challenge.

Also I dont know how much you guys have leveled up since last time, but I fear I havent improved much since last time. But I have a little surprise for all of you. You will know what it is! I shall talk about it soon.

Ok an update.

I'm planning my trip, buying tickets and applying for visa, but there is a chance (about 20%) that the final moment I cannot go. I have to take a risk.

Me, Rufus and maybe 2-3 other russian guys need a room. How many people per room normally?

There is an issue with monitors you've been using last time. I didnt bring this up so nobody think Im making excuses, but that affect my perfomance, I think they have a little lag.
There was this problem - all games and freeplay was on lagless CRT.
There were extra LCD for 1/4 th finals/not very important games.
There were _different_ LCD used to play on main stage.
All diffirent timings. So after playing on CRT, I went to play on one LCD, THEN I got to another LCD on main stage. That is very hard to adjust.
I am strongly against LCD, but if that is unavoidbale I wish there would be ONE standart for whole tournament. Or at least all LCD used be the same.

----

Also. Would that be possible for some kind of special event. Like I told you last time - hotels didnt have TV in it, so there was very few rooms we could play at, and there was no recording done at all. I think this is very important to fix that. Last Cannes, I had less than 10 freeplay sets done. I did more at EVO with 30ppl/per TV (you must remember).
Recroding of MM's/Casual challenges would also be great.

Regarding MM's.

Rufus ask for 30 or 50 euro MM with Keysona. Is this too much?
With you he cannot say yet, if he can get enough practice vs Ivy he says - okay.

I challenge anybody willing to do so to a MoneyMatch, any sum you want.

Hi Belial,

I'll answer what I can & let Malek deal with the rest.

1/ Here are the latest prices for both hotels:

HOTEL MAEVA:
Studio - 5 persons : 45.00 € TTC/per night
T2 - 5 persons : 51.00 € TTC/per night
T2 - 7 persons : 61.00 € TTC/per night

Stay per apartment includes: 1 Set bed linen per person delivered at the reception area, tv, End of stay cleaning (excluding kitchen) & shuttle service.
Not included: Tourist tax (1 € / pers / day), toilet linen / towels (8 € / pers), parking (8 € / day) and safe.

HOTEL PIERRE & VACANCES:
T2 - 3/4 persons : 56 € TTC/night
T2/T3 - 5/6 persons : 68 € TTC/night

8 nights package for the price of 7:
T2 - 3/4 persons: 392 € TTC
T2/T3 - 5/6 persons: 476 € TTC

Additional night:
T2 - 3/4 persons: 56 € TTC
T2/T3 - 5/6 persons: 68 € TTC

Food:
half board w/out drinks: 22 €/pers/day
a la carte food package: 3 dishes w/out drinks: 16 €/pers
breakfast: 6€/day

Stay including bed linen and towels toiletries / towels, tv and the end of stay cleaning (excluding kitchen and dishes). Wifi access costs.

Not included: Tourist tax (1 € / pers / day), parking (6 € / day).

------

We're as sad as you are to see the prices have gone up a wee bit, making the cheapest room go up to €10/pers/night

2/ All the screens will be zero input lag LCD's. No more excuses indeed ^^.

3/ We set up a casuals announcement thread which will be mirrored/replaced by a steady Twitter feed:

http://www.gnouz-corporation.com/fo...3&t=1169&sid=1773c778601b7d581360bc5b6a4830d5

It goes without saying, but if you wish for many YouTube-able casual sessions/MM's/off tourneys, bring:

- small zero lag flat screen TV's (hotel tv's are VERY laggy, like everywhere else in the world...)
- consoles+games
- recording setups

hi guys

i have tried tried tried to get UK players interested in this game, but it's not happening, either they're not very good, or they haven't got the money, or they don't play the game anymore etc etc.

in summary i will most likely be the only soul calibur player from UK coming to this event. i have already paid for SCIV solo entry and my flight so there's no pulling out.

however for accommodation I am struggling to find people to stay with so I can get one of the deals Kurama is talking about. do you guys know anyone who has space for one more? or needs one more to get the special rates on rooms?

i'm not fussy about where i stay, either of the places mentioned above sound fine. i have tried contacting SSFIV players from UK but they've all got accommodation sorted out already in their groups.

i arrive in nice 24 Feb and leave 1 March so if anyone has space or needs a roommate please let me know.

also, i want to make a 3v3 team for SCIV as well and will register it once i get a couple more players... anyone want in?

kurama_tengu: There is no such thing as "zero-lag LCD".

hotel tv's are VERY laggy, like everywhere else in the world...
Most hotels in the world I've been to alot, had CRT TV's, including 5 star hotels in Las Vegas, Barcelona, Nice, Biaritz, Paris, Lisbon, Venice, Hamburg, Heidelberg, Warsaw etc, etc. I'm sure it wouldnt be hard to find some hotel with CRT in Cannes, right? I actually stayed at one in 2006, but it was a bit far from the venue (15 min walk).

All I'm saying - this kind of stuff is improtant for Calibur players, so if some hotels has "laggy LCD" we might want to consider different one, with CRT that we can play on. If there is one, of course.

It goes without saying, but if you wish for many YouTube-able casual sessions/MM's/off tourneys, bring:
- small zero lag flat screen TV's (hotel tv's are VERY laggy, like everywhere else in the world...)
- consoles+games
- recording setups

So you propose I bring all this stuff all the way from Russia? Ok, no question.
Recording MM of best foreign players in casuals is an important part of promoting tournaments and the game.
I hoped you can make something about it, if its too much to ask - okay.

Age of Truth: I hoped for international team, and its 5x5 not 3x3. Think of something like Me, Rufus, Oosaka, Whoazz xD

Furzy: aww, good old Furzy , I'd love to see you again and play you ^_^

hi belial, i know there's 5v5 international event, if i could join u guys that would be UNBELIEVABLE

but i meant the 3v3 tournament which you can register for, €30 per team, held on friday 25th. i want to maximise my tournament play while i'm in cannes, so if anyone wants to team up i'd be very keen

As the Portuguese players seem to be the only ones to have done their homework, I'm gonna quote them once again:

Apart from the two Cannes sponsored hotels, the cheapest/closest hotel in the city is this one:

"ETAP HOTEL Cannes centre ville

3, rue Mozart - 06400 CANNES
Room 1

Dates of stay : from 24/02/2011 to 01/03/2011 , i.e. 5 night(s)
Number of persons : 2 adults
238.00 EUR
Delete this room
View details
Reservation total 238.00 EUR
Total excluding taxes 230.00 EUR
Taxes 8.00 EUR
Amount to prepay 238.00 EUR"

- €119/pers/5 days => €23.8/pers/day

http://www.etaphotel.com/fr/hotel-5493-etap-hotel-cannes-centre-ville/index.shtml

I phoned them to check the type of TV they have in the rooms & it's the standard (cheap AKA laggy lcd things) setups the have in all the Groupe Accor hotels. They did buy new TV's for the executive suites that are compatible with on screen Internet protocols (better stuff, still somewhat laggy), but it's really easier to check with the local Games' Culture association, to see if you could borrow stuff from one of the members:
http://games.culture.free.fr/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1478

Edit: I'm gonna add the Accor website as a future reference:
http://www.accorhotels.com/hotel-directory/fr/europe/france/cannes/hotel-cannes.htm

Back