Final Round XVI Results & Aftermath

I can attest to LP trying to pass out on three chairs in the ballroom a little before that match. Dude was hungover as fuck. Still, a loss is a loss.

LP you should stop partying so much the night before. Seems like a better tourny strategy homie.

That was the plan after Youmacon. Dint work out as well as I thought it would.

Either way, I'm not shitting on RO's win at all peoples. In the end, I lost and he won. That's all.

Loooool I could really see the see my influence in his play there... just watched to see what he does differently than me but hmmm somebody's been watching that Super Arcade stream ;D (4AAA iMCF, trooper-roll-penguin-slide round ending, backstep bG to suicide, crouch 4KB, and a:B+K step-in deathcopter is all too familiar, though of course I drew heavily from Loloroco so I take no credit for the apparently ideal Yoshi style)

He tried some crazy stuff but LP is exactly the player you don't do that against imo, though that sui-sidestep to RO was really smart, as that dodges some of Viola's mid horizontals. Saw some 6A there, maybe he needed a fast step catcher that wouldn't draw CH from aPat's 214B?

you weren't ready for his style of Yoshi.
So I'm pretty sure he was ready for that style, since I've played LP a few times and I do almost the exact same stuff, and he shut down his gimmicky originals. He clearly had a better read on LP than I ever did, though, look at all those throw breaks and correct low-blocks!

I wasn't trying to diss anyone, sorry if you took it that way. I'm just saying, it would look like you would get hit with sloppier things, or miss combos if you were hungover, but didnt seem like that in the match. Not saying you weren't Hungover, just saying didnt seem like it influenced your play.

And LoL at me not Travelling. I travel when I can. You forget I was at Winter Brawl and MLG Last year. Hell I was running gatherings in T.O when I had no working PS3. But I dont want to get into that, thats not whats being discussed here.

BTW using the same moves doesn't mean you and RO will play the same way. It just seemed like RO had "his bases covered." Its very often people think about the character, and enever give the player enough credit.

Because I have all the world to gain by lying. I don't take much away from anyone's wins but I'm also a realist. All of my earlier matches were close, with the one before even that coming down to the last round and PartyWolf styling on me a little bit and I didn't even play like myself until my match with RTD, a match I wouldn't have gotten to place if not for some helpful folks. If I were salty about the match then I would've challenged him to a money match. Regardless, I'll let you people who neither show up to events nor know me personally pass judgement on my performance.

Regardless if what you said is true or not, that post read exactly like one of Synraii's many excuses why he lost posts.

The problem lies with you assuming I give a damn.

No there's no problem. Personally I would be ashamed if I making excuse for a loss on being hungover, but that's cool you don't give a damn that you share something like that with Synraii.

But dude thats silent joel. His opinion is most likely pretty important and cool.

Thanks mateogalvan! I think you opinion is most likely pretty important and cool, too.

The difference between Synraii and myself is I still placed higher than the person that beat me and people are vicariously experiencing joy at at me losing a match and the person that beat me isn't even the one doing any of the talking. I know why I lost and, as far as I'm concerned, don't have anything to prove. I'm saying, in all likelihood, it won't happen again any time soon and, since you all insist that I'm lying or making excuses or something like that, why don't we go ahead and put some money on it? I'm just keeping it 100 with you people but I have a feeling most of you are just talking out of your asses for attention.

That is if RO would want to do a match on you people's behalf...or, you know, any of you actually show up and play me.

FYI, there's nothing but love, RO, but I'm not saying anything I haven't and wouldn't have said to you personally, I feel. Also, this isn't a challenge towards you so much as it is towards these people to stand by their words. I'm not one to dance around with pointless words and this'll bring an end to this one way or another.

The fact that you've taken it so personal says a lot about you. You still claim that I thought you were lying. I said Hungover or not it didn't "visibly" show that it made a difference. You keep talking about "showing up" when I went to 2 of the bigger SC tourneys last year.

But I mean. Just look how many times you feel for the 9A+B2 UB setup. Hungover made you not stay on the ground?

Again I wasn't trying to attack anyone, its just that people really do like to make excuses when they lose.

Yeah, you know a lot about me, Doctor. Why would I stay on the ground when I can just get up and JG? Either way, you can always just, you know, put the money up instead of probing for answers.

Why get up and JG when he is safe after the JG (unless you wanna blow that meter for aPat CE)? Just stay grounded until he starts stepping forward for the DC and roll forward when you see it for that free backthrow.

So, we're going to avoid the money subject and I'm going to talk theory fighting? Nah, I'm good. Later.

So, we're going to avoid the money subject and I'm going to talk theory fighting? Nah, I'm good. Later.

I ain't even in on this subject. I was just letting you know of an effective way of dealing with that shit instead of risking a missed JG and getting mashed for half life.

I'd imagine I know that as it's been the same since SC4, but the notion is appreciated.

mkl - I'm posting your match up like, now. Please watch it, and if I say or do anything at or above a "get fired" level of stupidity, please let me know so I can remove the audio.

EDIT: Um, by "now" I mean in the next couple hours, as these frickin' things take forever to upload to Youtube.

Reactions: mkl
That is if RO would want to do a match on you people's behalf...or, you know, any of you actually show up and play me.

FYI, there's nothing but love, RO, but I'm not saying anything I haven't and wouldn't have said to you personally, I feel. Also, this isn't a challenge towards you so much as it is towards these people to stand by their words. I'm not one to dance around with pointless words and this'll bring an end to this one way or another.

My post was just about the bit you posted nothing else. EBO is cancelled if you didn't know but London should have a big tourney in August if you're still coming Europe still.

image.jpg

Back