Geralt General Discussion / Tricks of the Trade

linkorz

[12] Conqueror
This is pretty much all speculation from watching footage but here are more poorly arranged notes

6BB - hilt strike into Igni, you can hold the 2nd B to burn meter and get a combo into 66BB.
66BB? - NC, definitely has some tracking built in
3K/6K? - Has a hold version, seems like a decent poke
44A - Horizontal high with throat slit AT, seems to do a ton of damage on CH
Normals have a lot of range
A+B seems hella fast
This character has raaaaange
4A? -TJ horizontal mid with range and an aGI lol
1K - Low sweep, not + on hit, rings out on CH
1AA - not NC, Aard + on block? This low doesn't look reactable
33BB - Has a huge stun on hit, combos into 6B(B) - 66BB
Has a meter throw, a+gA+B+K, no cost in soul charge
Yrden (I think 6A+B? Definitely an A+B input of some kind) is an auto GI, slows time on your opponent if it parries giving a free combo
Gets AAAA from soul charge
6BB is mad cheap. Lots of pushback and lots of damage.
1B - KND low, doesn't look reactable to me

EDIT: Updated this with some new info from CEO/E3.

Last edited:

Velseid

[05] Battler
I agree on the range , his 2a, 2b, 3b, and aa are going to be good poke options.

Damage seems good.

Speed looks mediocre.

Curious to see what kind of punish game he has.

Thread starter #4
If 6B?, litttle pommel tap, into Ingi is a punish I think his punish game will be fine.

But on that note; Is Igni punishable on hit? If so, how bad will it be on block? I think we will be using Igni in combos with Quen and Aard being our stance mixup.

Have we seen and of his Lethal Hits?

Also I just want to point out his 3B has range, TCs, and moves him forward making combos easier to land when he hits with it.

Velseid

[05] Battler
I don't think so. Doesn't seem to have any stances so that does lower the amount of moves he can use. But SC hasn't been known to have huge move lists to begin with.
What do you think of his low game?

So far I've seen a crouching low kixk, should be 2k. Doesn't seem that fast, but the range is okay.

He does a thrusting toe poke. Looks slow, but has good range.

I've seen him do a sweeping low kick, kind of reminds me of Pyrrha's 1k. Looks to have good speed.

Thoughts?

KONMAI

[04] Fighter
WR B is very fast. However, it doesn't frametrap from 2A and 2K because they both recover too slowly.
66B+K launches, but it's basically a slower 66BB. Seems like something to use after successful 4A+B.

Last edited:

mira

[09] Warrior
What does his Soul Charge do? I see some mentions of some of its properties in Linkorz' post but I was wondering if it augments anything further than what is listed there.

linkorz

[12] Conqueror
What does his Soul Charge do? I see some mentions of some of its properties in Linkorz' post but I was wondering if it augments anything further than what is listed there.
The only other thing that I know of is that it gives him all his BE options (meter throw, signs) for free

KONMAI

[04] Fighter
8A+B is exclusive to SC. It catches sidestep, techtraps siderolls, and comes out very fast. Even though it's unsafe, you have access to 4A+B for free to discourage bigger punishes.

4A+B definitely goes into 66B+K launch. You can follow up with A+B for sure and maybe 66BB.

SC 3AA... is infinite and it's pretty memey, but it does a ton of chip before you get to the unsafe part of the string.

1AA and 1AB is an ok mixup. The B variant is easily blockable on reaction but LH on crouch. Basically, online oki option or a way to bait out moves for 4A+B.

A+G(A+B+K) is techable, womp wommmp.