Help vote to get SC4 consideration for CGS '09!!

Yeah keep that here, that's exactly the kind of post we DON'T need over there.

lol damn Chach seems to be breaking the "no talk about DOA being trash" rule already, guess it had to be said eventually. I guess open the gates guys, give 'em the internets!

Im not going to post on there... I'm keeping the rants here... but i'm not even going back to that thread cause everytime i read something new someone said it makes me want to register just to go off on them ;) haha but i'm smarter than that.. so i just keep it here

For those who don't know, DrDogg did some primarily-DOA 'work' (laughable) for CGS. Therefore, consider his statements and opinions as you choose (I ignore him.)

It's clear that DOA trash will summon all their friends and multiple accounts, or whatever else necessary, to make sure DOA gets plenty of 'votes'. I know that community.

The bottom line is: SC4 is a better choice. I played/liked DOA for years as well, and I think this, as well.

Good luck getting your votes in. Best of luck to those wishing to get drafted.

You need to be a great player if your a guy. If you are a girl you can be a mediocre player if you are homely, and downright garbage as a player if you are kinda cute.

QFT LOL

Ask Tag, she was in CGS for a while.

...and still should of been. She's a good and dedicated player; but CGS GMs, for the most part, seem like a group of retards trying to alphabetize M&Ms (but Jax only does the Blue ones, because he's minorly OCD; but that's after he asks Master for permission).

Don't waste too much time on CGS until CGS proves it's worth wasting time on, per say. lol

What does it take to be a cgs player anyway? Does being a great player even matter in the long run, or do they just go after people with 'the look'?

You have to get drafted, the draft will be announced soon, last year I believe it was In Austin at the SWSX Convention.

At the draft they hold a tournament, and after the GMs do various match-ups from players. From this, they draft the people they want.

Look doesn't matter tooo much, Ive seen some ugly people on there Cedrick, so you don't have to worry ;)

Drdogg wasnt saying not to vote. What he was saying is that no one that has a final say will view that thread on the cgs site. I say go ahead and vote I did.

What does it take to be a cgs player anyway? Does being a great player even matter in the long run, or do they just go after people with 'the look'?

Be a great player mostly but if SC is in doing good at tourneys will probably be much more important because it isn't such smaller turn outs. Remember they didn't have many people to choose from for DoA so if someone could at least keep it close they would grab them. So in the end for you had to be winning tournaments or always placing high in them AND other good players had to be there for it to even mean anything (which was hard because some only went to a couple of tourneys a year -out of state-). And there wasn't that many players who were good at the game in general so you never knew how good you actually was until you played another good player. And even if you did win at a major your win was taken away because they weren't using their character, played bad, or you just got lucky, so even in winning you had to consistently beat them at tourneys that they rarely showed up for.

It won't really be that way for SC because there are a lot more good players that go to tournaments.

My vote was for SC4 as well :D

So Ninja, I think Cedric was asking this:

Did it matter how good you were, or did looks, ability to act 'cool' on camera, clothing and other marketable features play in to a player getting drafted?

I have heard that CGS has a lot of backdoor politics, such as friends of executives getting their g/f's on teams, or guys/girls making it because they have a tv appeal as opposed to being the best player available. That kinda stuff true?

cha cha

I'll vote for SCIV for the simple fact that I can't stand DOA. I hate everything about it, especially the storyline and all the characters seem similar except for the ones that are clearly different.
This game is far better in every aspect to me.

Damn I read the thread again... LoL i really shouldnt have... I'm like 3 more dumbass DOA nutthugger posts away from making an account and letting out my steam...

Dumbest shit I ever heard was DOA has a longer following then SC ? Jesus the only time people ever really even got into DOA was in part 4... other than that its been underground joke bullshit game...

What are they talking about SC isnt fun to watch and that you dont get juggled? LoL they need to step in a match with my yoshimitsu and tell me that , the shit i do isnt fun to watch.... When me and my boy play yoshi vs. yoshi it is a SITE TO SEE let me tell you...

Way more fun to watch then GENFU VS GENFU same combo rinse repeat , get a lucky counter guess he counters back, throw, match over... WoW! :)

The people that are crying just know they will get mauled on in SC... Like that Master guy... I would love to own him in a match... K i'm not going to ever RE-READ that thread... I voted.. said my two cents lol i'm done with it...!

Cha you are the only reason i havent made an account there yet... at least you are telling them like it is in a respectful manner... I dont have the grace with words like you so THANKS :)

So Ninja, I think Cedric was asking this:

Did it matter how good you were, or did looks, ability to act 'cool' on camera, clothing and other marketable features play in to a player getting drafted?

I have heard that CGS has a lot of backdoor politics, such as friends of executives getting their g/f's on teams, or guys/girls making it because they have a tv appeal as opposed to being the best player available. That kinda stuff true?

cha cha

Well the GM's know pretty much NOTHING when it comes to fighters. So the first season was probably the worst in terms of picking cause they literally picked who they knew regardless of what happened in the combine. In the second combine they did a little more research (how I got found) and got players who was doing good at tourneys that wasn't already in the league. So yes "how" good you was played a factor. Just have to do good when they are watching and make sure they KNOW who you are because they only pay attention to few tourneys (mainly ones with good players present)

voted ... y can't they just have both like an evo tourney? what's the big deal?

o well ... i can't stand doa but i don't think the following should be messed with ...

my choices for up-n-coming main stream competitive fg's are SC4 and SF4 BOTH ... woohoo!!

You have to get drafted, the draft will be announced soon, last year I believe it was In Austin at the SWSX Convention.

At the draft they hold a tournament, and after the GMs do various match-ups from players. From this, they draft the people they want.

Look doesn't matter tooo much, Ive seen some ugly people on there Cedrick, so you don't have to worry ;)

Pfft, I think I have a good look to be on TV but that's not the point. I was just curious about the policies used to grab up players. I'm not even sure if the DOA people are actually the best at the game, but if SC4 gets on there I want them to grab the best so if I tune in I can see some actual quality matches. Lord knows their presentation sucks so thats not something to look forward to.

I mean shit I should be posting these over there, but god damn SC has no combos? SC2 had no combos maybe, lololol.
When I mentioned that on CF, Dr Dogg wanted videos of 7-10 hit combos in tourney conditions or else none of those combos apparently exist.

DOA I kind of forgot about that game... last time I played a DOA was 2 I think on Dreamcast back then... what a piece load of... yeah! Really didn't think that franchise would still be popular these days :S

When I mentioned that on CF, Dr Dogg wanted videos of 7-10 hit combos in tourney conditions or else none of those combos apparently exist.

A lot of that Sets stuff is only slightly watered down for tourney play, combos off her A grab, 1b:b, CH 33b etc all look flashy as hell. Voldo, Hilde, Cervy, even Cass' staple 33b combo. But yeah DOA has...........stuff, too.

Just show him Cassandra's EWGF full combo and Yoshimitsu's combos with JF 4 spins and call it a day.

Hell, you could use Algol.

Syxx has some combo videos too. Maybe they can come in handy.

Back