Herr-Kriegs CAS-Collection

TopGun87

[05] Battler
Oh sweet baby Aziza... that artwork is so steamy and so inviting... Ok, calm down TG, you must resist... No, i can't... Yes you can... No i c-- Yes y-- NO! YESSS!! NOOOOO!!! *proceed to ignore my stupid innocent self and give in to the temptation*..... Ok Aziza honey, i'm joining iiinnn~

What happen next is up to your imagination...

Herr-Krieg

[07] Duelist
Oh sweet baby Aziza... that artwork is so steamy and so inviting... Ok, calm down TG, you must resist... No, i can't... Yes you can... No i c-- Yes y-- NO! YESSS!! NOOOOO!!! *proceed to ignore my stupid innocent self and give in to the temptation*..... Ok Aziza honey, i'm joining iiinnn~

What happen next is up to your imagination...
HAH HAH HAA XD! I somehow had the hunch that you would love the comission and that you just couldn´t resist her offer and the opportunity that comes with it XD. As for what happens next, heh, want me to ask for a comission about that too XD?

Herr-Krieg

[07] Duelist
Most wunderbar greetings, my fellow CaS-artists, Soul Calibur fans, friends and comrades, boys and girls, ladies and gentleman :D. This is Herr-Krieg writing after so long time :).

I´m most pleased to present you this newest update of mine after whole three weeks of anticipation. My most sincerest apologies for once again letting your people wait for this update for such a long time. The honest fact is that my life has been constantly getting in my way, with the most least nice hindurance being a very nasty flue that pretty much incapacitated me two weeks ago from doing anything practical, particulary creating any new content for this update. After I mostly managed to triumph over it, I finaly managed to keep the necessary playing sessions and finish the material for this update.

Now, I do admit that this update is not going to be that vast like my last update. I will try to avoid making such massive updates ever again, as it took an immense toll, both physical and phychological on me to just get it published. No, you don´t want to know what I had to go through to publish it XD.

But, I do hope most sincerely that with the content of this update I can make up for the lack of quantity with the overall quantity. Without further due and delay, time to get this new update started ;)!

To get things started, I ´d like to show you couple of minor improvements I made to couple of my CaSs from the last batch. The credit for suggesting these improvements goes to mon ami Vilarcane and Wyldwarrior. The first minor improvement considers Grohs winter camo gear:

As Vilarcane told me that the watermarks on Grohs black boots ( mimicing snow that has started to melt against the leather ) were too subtle and needed some adjusting vertical WISE, I made the watermarks a bit bigger and more heavily blue coloured so that they can be seen more clearly against the black leather of his boots. Angling them for more vertical look proved a bit troublesome due to the pattern design, but I hope I managed mostly.

The second minor improvement considers my sith lady, Darth Talon.

As both VC and Wyldwarrior said her face was a bit too gentle and child looking, not fitting well to her evil nature. So I changed her face setup to that of more serious to fit her dark side background. Yes, the difference is barely noticable, but I didn´t want to make her too ugly as her original design isn´t that ugly either.

With these minor improvements shown, it's time to move on and show you some hole new CaSs that I have come up with during this long period of time. For the first one, the background behind it lies in my last batchs CaS, Kiume. While I was pleased with him, as Vilarcane said it, he looked a bit too familiar to Aziza equipment and concept WISE. As I thought how to make him more different to Aziza, I just simply didn´t want to change him at all for how good he looked to my artistitc eyes. So, instead of modifying him, I decided to create a hole new CaS with a concept and idea that had been at the back of my head for quite some, a bit similiar to Kiumes, but decisively different. And this is what I came up with.

Fellow CaS-artists and Soul Calibur fans, ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, I would like to introduce you Mandlan, a fearsome zulu warrior from the African continent:

The idea of creating a zulu warrior had been in my mind for quite some time, particulary as I have made such success with primitive, ancient themed CaSs like my personal favorite Aziza and Kiume. As I also wanted the CaS to have its inspiration drawn from historical sources and background, I decided to satisfy these both demands with a zulu themed warrior, as zulus have their own distinctive style and clothing among the african native cultures.

Selecting the style of Seong Mi-Na and the primitive spear as a weapon of choiche for him was a rather clear choice for me from the very start, considering how zulus are famous for utilizing different spears as their primary weapons for combat.

Another distinctive equipment of the zulus is their rather long, oval shaped shield with varieting, yet distinctive colour themes and patterns. So naturaly Mandlan would have one on his back where it would get the least in his way in addition of not clipping too much with his other equipment.

So, how about seeing our fearless zulu in action:

The backstory behind the next CaS of mine lies with my interest towards the first visiting character of the SC6, none other than the Geralt the Witcher himself. Despite of not knowing or being into the Witcher games that much, from the very beginning of my SC6 playing there were many reasons for me to like him: badass look and personality, cool fighting style that is also a rather easy to learn somewhat and how well he fit to the overall medieval era environment of SC6 ( Unlike with Star Wars characters in SC4. Sure, awesome to get to play with Darth Vader, but still XD ). So it was only natural that I wanted to create a CaS that would utilize his style. I didn´t really come up with any CaS that would look good and fit theme wise to the style, until recently when I finaly came up with a CaS that would fit to the style more than perfectly and also have its origins within the Witcher series itself.

Dear CaS-artists, SC fans and potential Witcher fans, I give you Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon from the Witcher series ( see links for more specific information on her and her look : https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Ciri )

After seeing her design while I was looking for ideas for Geralt style utilizing CaS, I realized how feasible it actually was to create her in SC6, not to mention how perfectly she would fit to utilize Geralts style in the first Place. And the pure possibility to even choose a weapon that Ciri actually uses in the original series was just the icing on the cake :).

While I did try to keep her design close to her original one, I still took the liberty of finaly getting to use the witch book ExEq, which still fits to her theme and origins like a glove.

How about seeing her giving the old Geralt a lesson?

"Nothing like womans wrath, Geralt"

And as for my final creation to show you folks for this batch, it's about my currently most favorite CaS I have created, the african warrior lady Aziza. As I have sought out different ways to expand her concept further and further, one being alternative fighting styles for her, the most recent one, introduced in my last batch, being her utilizing Xianghuas style wearing a bit lighter gear more suitable for the styles accrobatic and lightweight approach. What I next decided to come up for her was an alternative attire, which most unfortunately due to most unexplainable reasons, regular characters in the game don´t have. After considering about what kind of an attire would fit her and with also thinking about it with my good friend Wyldwarrior, I came up with a look that would really fit to Azizas muscled up form and strenght and which would also give her a more modern emphazised look. Credits for suggesting this idea goes to Wyldwarrior, so thanks once more Wyld for suggesting it ;).

My fellow CaS-artists, Soul Calibur fans, ladies and gentleman, I´m most proud to introduce you, my wild african warrior lady wearing a modern bodybuilder attire for some serious workout and training:

While making this alternative attire for her, I was most pleased to find out how utilizing the bandage hand equipment hides the annoying clipping of the Tiras chest equipments hand parts with too thick hands. As for her style I figured Xianghuas acrobatic style would fit to her light attire and bodytraining exercises. I assured the modern look on her with the addition of modern looking glasses and a headset created using different ExEq parts.

Quiz question: Which ExEq parts did I use to create her headset?

"Like what you have seen so far honey ?"

"Hmm, what else could I show you folks ?"

"Hope you enjoyed the views"

Let us see how she looks like on the field with her new attire shall we?

And finaly, in order to end this update with a loud boom, I have something "a bit different" as usual these days XD. To celebrate Azizas new alternative outfit, which I find rather succesfull (you of course be the judge of that), I decided to ask ( yes, the brightest of you may already guessed what's coming XD ) more capable hands to bring her truly alive in shape of an artwork.

My fellow CaS-artists and SC fans, ladies and gentleman, witness Aziza doing some serious workout on a local african gym, training her already primed muscles:

This wonderfull and detailed piece of digital artwork is done By Carlos Morilla, a fine artist known in Devianart as CMorilla. Most naturally credits for doing this beatifull piece of art of her goes to him. You can see and check more of his detailed artworks at this DA-site on the following link: https://www.deviantart.com/cmorilla

And that muscled up and sweaty bombshell marks the end of this update. I most sincerely hope that you have enjoyed what you have seen in this batch. As usual, comments, constructive critisism, opinions, ideas and conversations are always welcomed and appreciated.

And of course, as always,

Let the tale of souls and sword be eternally retold ;).

Attachments

VILARCANE

[14] Master
Ok on mobile now so it will be short.
Like all the tweaks.
Zulu is badass with the patterns, eq choice, feathers and the perfect shield buuut i’d consider changing the face to the fat nose one for a more zuluesque look and maybe make the skin darker or face paint more visible (consider some other face paint too). You might try african patterns on the shield i did some african themed CAS in SC5 go check them out for ref in my 350 sc5 CAS compil if you need ref.

Ciri is cool but has been done to death but she has the little something to stand out from the witcher CAS crowd with the armband and spellbook, nice touch.

The best of the batch is your headset aziza though with the modern twist. Why not go full modern i wonder but she is nice and the artwork is genius.

To sweep me off the chair, you’ll need a never done before theme perfectly executed and more creative ExEq combos, but your technique has vastly improved.

Ystava, i know the passion, been there, but as said before, please drop the still kinda obnoxious intros (better a wall of pics than a wall of text) and consider putting a w before the hole thing :)

Ooooh, and while my thread slowly drifted into oblivion, you can always review the last CAS batch i posted sometime, might bring me back when new dlc shows up.

Herr-Krieg

[07] Duelist
Once more, thank you so much for this short yet detailed and advicefull review mon ami :). Yeah, creating a zulu warrior had been in my mind for quite some time, so I was rather intrigued when I finaly got the chance to create him :). I will take your advice and suggestions into account once I take another look at him and see what I can come up with. Improved zulu warrior coming right up ;).

Yeah, I kinda thought the same about Ciri being done to death considering the series overall popularity, but since I had already greated her, I decided to go with her desing nonetheless. So I appreciate that you mind my version of her to have such small details that make her stand out a bit more from the crowd :).

I'm most pleased that you find headset Aziza to be the best of the batch azwell :). Perhaps one of the reasons for this version of her being so succesfull is my passion for her, which should be rather obvious at this point XD. I do have plans for more alternative attires for her, so going for an all out loud modern look is a very possible idea to execute, so look for such in the future ;). I too mind the artwork execptionally well done myself azwell. To be honest, I was a bit nervous at first for it as I comissioned it from a hole new artist that I hadn´t had any experience with before. But now that it's finished and out there, I couldn´t be more pleased that I tried the new artist out :).

As for that CAS that would make you fall from the chair with a loud thud, yeah, I know I haven´t managed to come up with it yet, but I will try to think about such completely out of the box thought CAS in the mids of coming up with other creations azwell. I have also started to have other hobby interests in my life that take some of my time away azwell, but I still remain hopefull that I will come up with it one day :). It's good to have dreams, right ;)? Still encouraging to know that you think my technique has improved, really keeps me going to strive towards refining it to become even better :D.

I have to agree with you considering my long texts before showing the CAS. It's just that I want the passion to show and let the viewer get some insight as to why I decided to come up with the CAS, the solutions I used in it and so on. I will find a way to make them shorter while still showing my passion somehow. Maybe I should just write the "whole" word about a thousand times on a paper to make it right, what do you think XD?

Sure sure, I will try to arrange time to finaly get those reviews of your latest CASs done, particulary now since I have also made kind of a comeback to the forums with my latest update. And of course, write some other reviews for the other artists creations azwell. To keep the fire flaming or so to speak ;).

Wyldwarrior

[06] Combatant
This is a pretty solid batch. Overall I like Mandlan but I fell like you could used some variety in terms of equipment using all of the Tribal Set feels a little samey. I also feel like you could have gave him more distinct face paint. That said I feel like the use of patterns helps him stand out a little and prevents him from being bland. I really liked the Zulu shield it's very distinct and definitely shows a certain attention to detail and prevents him from coming across as a generic African tribal.

I like Ciri but as Vilarcane said she has been done to death already otherwise I think she is pretty solid.

Bodybuilder Aziza looks fit and ready for the gym and I like the headset. I agree with Vilarcane that you could probably go further with the modern them but I imagine you still wanted to tie it to her African theme so I don't mind so much.

Herr-Krieg

[07] Duelist
Thank you for your compliments and constructive critisism my friend ;). Yeah, I try to take some distance and a bit of break for using the Tribal Set equipment too often, they just have served me so well with my current CaSs. Like with Vilarcane, I will see what I can do in order to improve these factors, so stay tuned for an improved version ;).

I think I should try to avoid re-creating the already existing famous characters from other series for the reasons such as your and VC mentioned. It also kinda limits my imagination a bit when you must work around the already existing mold and original design. Not that I don´t like her, I think I pulled her off rather nicely with the small details making her stand out a bit from other Ciri re-creations :).

Yeah, you got my intention of wanting to tie her attire to her African theme. But with yours and VCs suggestion I start thinking about an attire with even more further, full modern approach. So, Azizas alternative attire 2P coming up XD.

TopGun87

[05] Battler
Well, i really like Mandlan, he looks pretty awesome. But i think a few changes like VC mentioned can make him look even more awesome.

I agree with VC and Wyld about Ciri as i've seen too many of her already... but i still appreciate you for trying as she looks a bit more detailed than the other Ciri.

As for the gym Aziza... well, i like that headset design... but i don't think the glasses are necessary, though i can see it help her look more modern. And about the outfit, i can see why you keep the amazonian theme... but maybe you can keep this outfit and try create one more outfit that look more modern like VC suggested. Idk if it's possible, but i guess you could try make her look modern but still maintain the amazonian theme.

I think you can have 2 options...
1. Change the outfit to something more modern, like a white shirt with a bikini underneath + a pants that resemble a yoga pants combine with a pair of boots (since there's no sport shoes) and gloves.
2. Keep the outfit as is, but remove the tiger patterns altogether and change them to normal colors with a combination of brown, black, and white.

OR you can combine these 2 points above and mix and match yourself to how you see fit :)

PS: The artwork is awesome as usual. No further comment. lol

Herr-Krieg

[07] Duelist
Well, i really like Mandlan, he looks pretty awesome. But i think a few changes like VC mentioned can make him look even more awesome.

I agree with VC and Wyld about Ciri as i've seen too many of her already... but i still appreciate you for trying as she looks a bit more detailed than the other Ciri.

As for the gym Aziza... well, i like that headset design... but i don't think the glasses are necessary, though i can see it help her look more modern. And about the outfit, i can see why you keep the amazonian theme... but maybe you can keep this outfit and try create one more outfit that look more modern like VC suggested. Idk if it's possible, but i guess you could try make her look modern but still maintain the amazonian theme.

I think you can have 2 options...
1. Change the outfit to something more modern, like a white shirt with a bikini underneath + a pants that resemble a yoga pants combine with a pair of boots (since there's no sport shoes) and gloves.
2. Keep the outfit as is, but remove the tiger patterns altogether and change them to normal colors with a combination of brown, black, and white.

OR you can combine these 2 points above and mix and match yourself to how you see fit :)

PS: The artwork is awesome as usual. No further comment. lol
Thank you for all the nice compliments and constructive critisism TG ;)! I have already made some improvements to Mandlan based on your guys suggestions and ideas. So expect to see an improved version of him in my next batch ;). Your praise for Ciri, despite how overused she is creating WISE, is also appreciated. I'm glad that I managed to give my version some tiny details that make her stand out a bit from the main stream. Sure, not much, but still :).

Your advice for how proceed with creating more modern look for Aziza is higly appreciated my friend ;). I have thought about it and have decided to keep her current gym attire as it is, as I still find it as a nice alternative attire for her and, like you suggested, create one more outfit which would really express more modern approach :). I might very well utilize some of the ideas you suggested ;).

And of course, thanks for liking the artwork azwell. But still, no further comment on the artwork? Like, no any fantasies like with the previous artwork XD?

TopGun87

[05] Battler
And of course, thanks for liking the artwork azwell. But still, no further comment on the artwork? Like, no any fantasies like with the previous artwork XD?
Well ok, if you insist... i must say... i love me some sweaty fit gym girls. There's something about them that make them look so hot. Hnnngh~ Though i still prefer them look toned rather than big muscle like Aziza, especially if they still maintain the curvyness on their women body. You can try and search the name Ana Cheri. I don't know if she's your type, but she is for me ;) ...or maybe Eva Andressa for a bit more to your type maybe? :)

Herr-Krieg

[07] Duelist
Well ok, if you insist... i must say... i love me some sweaty fit gym girls. There's something about them that make them look so hot. Hnnngh~ Though i still prefer them look toned rather than big muscle like Aziza, especially if they still maintain the curvyness on their women body. You can try and search the name Ana Cheri. I don't know if she's your type, but she is for me ;) ...or maybe Eva Andressa for a bit more to your type maybe? :)
Well, I didn´t really insist you to come up with any fantasies XD. Oh well, since you already did XD....And I can most crearly see your point with the names that you mentioned XD. Perhaps for me it would be more of Eva Andressa XD.

DragoDarkova

[09] Warrior
You have an awesome imagination, all the updates and new editions are amazing. C'Tan and the Deceiver in particular took my breath away. It's great to have posts like these to know there's always more to learn and tinker with in CaS mode. Excellent work!