Hilde pre-release discussion and video thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
she use to be like 4 moves, so yeah she has a lot more to work with now. Since charge time is lowered you can use them in different ways to pressure people. Being able to start a combo outside of charges opens up her gameplay too.

wait a minute. really??!? if that's true, our legacy has become ingrained in SCV's Hilde. just wow.
It really is a great look, which is why I stole it in SCIV.

I'm looking forward to seeing you wreck with Hilde again in SCV. IMO, she's still going to be a top tier character even without doom combo.

Forgot to put that 66b BE c2b c3a does work, I just released c2b way too late each time and assumed it didn't. It clearly works in the Interview background videos.

i could never figure out how to use hilde. her and setsuka are the only SC4 characters i could never get the hang of their style except for IVY who i voluntarily decided never to use (off topic aside) i never really played her that well but i heard she was tourny banned and alot of people said she was broken. im wonderin g if she is going to be easy to play but more balanced and does she still have that hold button stuff or did they completely revamp her style from scratch?

Harder to play and more balanced is my guess, but it is too early to tell for sure. She still has charge attacks but they will not be used as much as they were in the past.

so far it looks like Dina in France dropped Hilde in SC5 for Pyrrha. i can't say that i'm surprised. other than that, what's this talk about nerfing SC5 Hilde already? wtf.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/01/04/soulcalibur-v-goes-gold-earns-teen-rating-from-esrb/

I believe that they're scrubs who haven't played SCV Hilde. The thing is a scrub like me believes Hilde will be different(since I'm gonna main her alongside few other characters) and prefers to explore her before drawing a conclusion. They don't know any better and need people like us to show them the light =D. Pardon my post.

There were people asking to ban Algol already also. Some people just don't understand the concept of "new game, new metagame".

Anyone care to give a link of Hilde's new gameplay featuring her 2p costume?? Please and thank you. :)

so far it looks like Dina in France dropped Hilde in SC5 for Pyrrha. i can't say that i'm surprised. other than that, what's this talk about nerfing SC5 Hilde already? wtf.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/01/04/soulcalibur-v-goes-gold-earns-teen-rating-from-esrb/
I saw that, old wounds run deep I suppose.

Dina dropping Hilde I'm not surprised about, I don't really expect many people to main her in tournaments even if she turns out to be good. Charges aren't exactly easy and she isn't a character you can really pocket well (even in sc4). I think the same will happen with Viola too.

so i found my match against Ramon with me playing a SC4 Hilde in SV5. If you watch the video, you'll notice that he gradually figures out how to beat her.

Other than that, critical edge is only practical in combos. It has slow start up and no invincibility/priority and horrible recovery.

Proof:
805, 911, 914, 1053 CE got stuffed by random moves
349 CE clashed by random move
515, 1057 CE slow recovery led to a punish

Charges lost all of their priority/tracking/recovery and you can just button mash to interrupt them:

801, 956, 714, 744
1047 c3b doesn't track at all
721 c2a hella punishable

Beginning of the end
836, 906, 1101, 1109

I couldn't seem to break throws while charging, so I don't know if that's possible anymore.

In SCIV, it was worth the risk to hinder yourself to have your fingers binded to buttons for charges for defense and 1 hit kills.

In this SCV, I can't say the same.

Yeah there is no reason at all to play her sc4 style, it doesn't work at all. A lot of her normal moves have amazing properties and only a few of the charges are good as pokes. Can't break throws while charging since they fixed button binding. If you hold A down you can't activate A through another button.

C3B tracks decently to one side (her right)

[edit] why the hell won't it let me link a youtube video with timestamp. Whatever check at 9:12 to see it track.

Good stuff!
What happens when you Ex throw? Aris duck it everytime but is it​
Heart to justice.(6,4 B+G)

ex throw is A+G BE now and you can get a CE off of it. I'm not sure what else you can do yet.

That kind of question isn't meant for this thread. I'll make a thread about story speculation / non gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back