Hilde: Q&A/General Discussion Thread

her lows kinda suck, i would rate them in this order(most stun on hit 1st)

1a
1b

1k and 2k dont leave you that much in the + on hit so the mixups you get after them arent as good. 2k on hit is so bad that if you move after ti you will probly be hit.

yeah it seems like even if i did land 1k or 2k, i still would have to deal with some sort of retaliation. 1a i use sparingly along with 11a.

dont know if im posting in the right place but any word if were gonna get more info on in the matchup thread thx it would really help improve my game

3K.

Seriously. If you're in their face just 3K, catches side steps has good advantage, its fast and does fuck all damage so people ignore it and ignore the advantage.
Half of my damage on Singaporean players came from 3K. and I'm talking out of like 150+ games.
Its something I've learned from watching SG guys play is that the quick small pokes change game flow quite well, and it alters how people think about what your game plan is.
Going for gauge damage? Spam 3K in their face a lot. 3K 3K 3K, even on block its not that bad. Eventually they lock up on hit and you can 22B them for free. And since its a point blank 22B you can 3K after that too and they can't backstep it or anything.
I abused 3K to the point where I was able to do 4 22B's in a row because they feared the advantage.
It was also to the point that people forget that 15 seconds of eating 3K sets up enough time for a C4. I managed I think 5 C4A W! combos.
Most Hilde players seem to just want to take the big launcher combo damage and forget to poke their opponent into letting them get that big damage.

TL;DR
USE FUCKING 3K MOAR!

just a quick tid bit since no one is posting anything. Played a good apat player i know the other day. Every time i did c3b he would jg and run in and get full counter. Even when i would do c3b at farthest distance he could still jg and counter it. So vs apat be care full using those c3b's. I should make a list of who can counter c3b at range with jg. maybe ill do that.

C3B is super negative on JG (-30 or worse by my estimate) so any character should be able to run up and hit with something, kind of like Ezio crossbow bolts.

What's a good pad configuration for Hilde? I want to pick her up but I'm not sure how I should assign my buttons.

I recommend keeping the standard X, circle, triangle, square and R2 settings, but changing L1 to A, R1 to B (or vice versa), and L2 to B+G.
This way, you can hold her charges while still being able to do everything else a normal character can do (block, kick, use the non-charged attack button, throw, etc) with your right thumb on the pad. Feel free to experiment and see what works best for you.

Sup Hildes!

A while ago I picked up Edge Master as my new main, so I've been learning Hilde via him.

After playing her style for a while I've decided that I want to primarily focus my playstyle around landing C4 B, and secondarily focus it around CE when I have meter to spend. Since I usually just need to win one round with her style as EM, I think this type of style with her can be viable.

So my question is, what are some good setups for landing C4 B? Also, what are good A and K moves to use in place of not having access to B? I see that 3K was mentioned up above, so I'll definitely be using that more.

66K is stupid awesome, 66A is awesome. C2A is also awesome but you wont be able to combo 2A+B after it if your charging B. 66K probably combos though. Then you have your other solid basic moves like 2A, 4A, 3K. As for set ups for C4B, I imagine if you land C2A>66K and the opponent is holding block he'll stand up into C4B. If you're feeling particularly stylish 3(A)> C4B would probably catch unsuspecting opponents if they stand up.

I'm mostly thinking in terms of stuff like pats 66B>66B+K>44B+K set up where if the opponent is holding block they just stand up into the unblockable

Sup Hildes!

A while ago I picked up Edge Master as my new main, so I've been learning Hilde via him.

After playing her style for a while I've decided that I want to primarily focus my playstyle around landing C4 B, and secondarily focus it around CE when I have meter to spend. Since I usually just need to win one round with her style as EM, I think this type of style with her can be viable.

So my question is, what are some good setups for landing C4 B? Also, what are good A and K moves to use in place of not having access to B? I see that 3K was mentioned up above, so I'll definitely be using that more.

Lol you want to hit people with c4b? That's a challenge vs any good opponent. A lot of people can JG it on reaction. But here are some of my useless c4b setups lol. The problem with c4b traps is if they ukemi at all they get full punish on you.

22aa on counter hit-c4b( if you manage to turn some people backwords on 2nd A this works really well, cause a lot of the time there BT move will whiff)

6k-c4b

1kk CH-c4b

44k-c4b

grab-c4b

6aka CH-c4b

4kk-c4b

44a-c4b(im stretching)

7a-c4b(the 7a will turn them around and if you hit at right angle they get BT. Space out the 7a so thier BT moves whiffs and c4b)

Uh might be some others just going off top of my head.

When you charge B its important you keep a c1a or c2a charge to TC grabs or mixups.

seig can catch c4b punish for doing some of his stances and if he whiffs some of his bigger swings. Nm CE whiff c4b. Natsu air stance whiff c4b. charge bullrush whiff c4b. Uh idk you get the picture.

I would recommend charging c4a, people dont jg it well like they do c4b. PLus the traps for c4a are way more deadly. And you can still use B+K as TC move and have the option to c3b whiff punish or 22b goodness someone. Also 66b is crazy good spacing poking tool. And it also TCs.

Really hildes go to moves are her kicks. So as long as your kicking and using TCs you should be golden.

Did someone just say hildes lows suck?

1B and 1A are both + on hit
A rarity in SCV

Problem is alot of good people block 1a on reaction and 1b can be steped for huge punish and is also pretty slow itself. In my experience people suck at blocking 1k and 1k only lol. Though if i can touch with a 1b it usually hits but 1a i feel is to slow vs people who recognize the move. I like to use 1a to stop people from rolling and thats really only way i use it.

I think what makes 1b and 1k more effective is the fact that hilde doesnt duck when she does the low.

C4B? Hard to land or setup. C4A? Shit hits all the fucking time. In fact I have a 70% combo that lasts long enough that you can toss a C4A after you're done to catch their tech attempt.

Thanks for the responses guys.

I know that my style decision isn't really the most effective way to play Hilde (far from it), but the main reason is that my button configuration doesn't accommodate a proper charging Hilde style.

Since I use my thumb for the face buttons, charging A becomes very inconvenient because I lose access to B and K attacks. To charge B however, I bring up my index finger and hold B down that way, while my thumb is still free to press A, G and K. So I tend to rarely if ever charge A, and my playstyle revolves around B charge attacks.

Before anyone suggests that I change my button layout, I've been using the same general configuration for over 13 years now, and out of 23 EM characters, Hilde is the only one that doesn't work well with it, so I'd rather just try to work around my handicap with her rather than change my config. ;/

Problem is alot of good people block 1a on reaction and 1b can be steped for huge punish and is also pretty slow itself. In my experience people suck at blocking 1k and 1k only lol. Though if i can touch with a 1b it usually hits but 1a i feel is to slow vs people who recognize the move. I like to use 1a to stop people from rolling and thats really only way i use it.

I think what makes 1b and 1k more effective is the fact that hilde doesnt duck when she does the low.
1B damn well better be linear or it would be the best low in the game outside mitsu 2K BE and tira EX cannon drill

Back