Hilde: Q&A/General Discussion Thread

I use Hilde in this game since Rock and Zas aren't in. I'm actually on PSN a bit because the netcode in this game is actually hella decent, but I mostly play offline casuals.

I never fought a Hilde online. There's a local tourney this weekend and I'm thinking I'll be the only one. I'm just wondering how many will be at Final Round next month. Maybe ignorance to how she plays in V will help get me by some of the more stupid matchups.

Natsu as always it comes down to your yomi against your opponets. Natsu is only safe if she giesses right with PO trasitions. You just have to take a guess

Natsu can't really force you to do anything. He gaurd gauge game kinda sucks. Her lows arent great and her best mix ups are throws. Pick your spots. Atm I feel natsu is the most overrated character. Good but not top tier as people claim.

Apat honestly...I have no idea he doesnt seem to have any weaknesses granted the only A pat I played was woahhzz who has inhuman execution.

U will find Hildes, but u wont find good Hilde players online, thats for sure, the ones I found where total trash with CAS almost naked and spamming 6BBB
Im actaully really liking hilde. I also get most of my practice from online
To answer the op
if you wanna get good with hilde work on your spacing footies and whiff punishing

I agree, Natsu is a pretty overrated character. I don't find her cheap at all to be honest, just a character spammed because no one tends to fight her correctly and everyone gets easy wins off of her. In reality she is not that hard to counter and relies on tricks in order to win when all you really have to do is just hit her half the time.

I'm finding Raph an absolute nightmare to play against at the moment. French player using him in ranked last night, currently 40-0, tried everything I could but due to his sidestepping and range I couldn't get the better of him. Hilde lacks the tools to deal with players who sidestep a lot at range it would seem.

I'm finding Raph an absolute nightmare to play against at the moment. French player using him in ranked last night, currently 40-0, tried everything I could but due to his sidestepping and range I couldn't get the better of him. Hilde lacks the tools to deal with players who sidestep a lot at range it would seem.
If people try to sidestep my Hilde, I just whack them with 66A. It gets them all the time! Also, her little fast bump move is great too.

If people try to sidestep my Hilde, I just whack them with 66A. It gets them all the time! Also, her little fast bump move is great too.

That works with like 99% of the players I go up against, not this guy. He sees it coming more often than not, ducks the second attack then punishes with about 30-35% damage. Puts you off trying that too often, can't use [A+B] to much either due to Raphs stab that stuns. :/

Honestly at a loss on this one, hes beaten me 3 times so far. I'll probably get it sooner or later but sooner would be nice. :)

Stop trying to hit him so much. You should be patient if you're at range with Hilde.

He's a sneaky player, at range he doesn't really commit and will chip with horizontal attacks I should grab one of the recordings of our matches and link it here if its still in my battle log. Most players I come across i'll start to figure them out after 2-3 games but this guy is the exception to that rule for me at least.

raph is utter garbage
he has no damage,no mix ups, shitty prep

just step a lot at long range and whiff punish him
if hes in prep just duck and react to the slow mid
He took a damage and frame nerf from SC4

raph is utter garbage
he has no damage,no mix ups, shitty prep

just step a lot at long range and whiff punish him
if hes in prep just duck and react to the slow mid
He took a damage and frame nerf from SC4

I'll see if I come across him again tonight then post a vid link up here and give me some pointers from that. I see what you're saying and maybe I was being impatient at times and pressing the fight a bit too much.

He wasn't a bad player by any means though, punished me at pretty much every opportunity then i end up going into desperation mode as I know I need to land some substantial combos to get back in the game. Probably wouldn't do that if Hildes normal moveset done more damage but there ya go, gotta change with the times.

I have trouble with Nightmare and Seig just because at mid range they can challenge her.
Maybe it's the way I play, but I have trouble closing the distance with them because (especially Seig) has so many stances which move him around the field causing me to whiff my attacks just to get punished.
Any ideas?

Nightmare and Sieg can't block or quickly step in stance. Lots of opportunities to charge and catch them even if you can only use C1 A or B.

one match up im struggling with is phyrra
seriously 66A wrecks my zoning movement and is safeish to boot
I gotta go to the lab and test stuff

3A beats 66B BE though according to cedric so theres something

I have trouble with Nightmare and Seig just because at mid range they can challenge her.
Maybe it's the way I play, but I have trouble closing the distance with them because (especially Seig) has so many stances which move him around the field causing me to whiff my attacks just to get punished.
Any ideas?

Actually, I find Hilde very effective against Nightmare. Normally most Nightmare players love to charge at you with their best moves. Just poke them at a range. the 88/22 B attack is useful when he tries to charge in sometimes. I find just regular 5A+B to be the most effective against Nightmare users. But it would have to vary against players since most of them did not block the second hit.
All in all, try to use your range. DO NOT let Nightmare get close, otherwise he would dominate you. If he tries to get close, use any escape method you can. I usually use 4A twice until they block.
Also, when Nightmare goes into his dash stance, use your Critical Edge, he is wide open for an attack. Hell, whenever Nightmare misses, he is usually wide open for any attack.

hilde beats nightmare at any range imo
USE MAOR 2A+B that move is basically safe vs nightmare and sieg

I'll see if I come across him again tonight then post a vid link up here and give me some pointers from that. I see what you're saying and maybe I was being impatient at times and pressing the fight a bit too much.

He wasn't a bad player by any means though, punished me at pretty much every opportunity then i end up going into desperation mode as I know I need to land some substantial combos to get back in the game. Probably wouldn't do that if Hildes normal moveset done more damage but there ya go, gotta change with the times.

pfff!!! just rape him with 88_22 BB he is so easy to step at long range.

pfff!!! just rape him with 88_22 BB he is so easy to step at long range.

Thats probably the worst advice in this situation, you can't land anything linear like 88_22 bb at range against anyone who knows Hilde's weaknesses. its easily sidestepped as it doesn't track and leaves you wide open.

The only real use i'm finding with that move is if a player has committed to something thats easily punished or on wake up. If blocked a lot of players will instinctively sidestep when they recover which opens them up for her CE mid-step.

Thats probably the worst advice in this situation, you can't land anything linear like 88_22 bb at range against anyone who knows Hilde's weaknesses. its easily sidestepped as it doesn't track and leaves you wide open.

The only real use i'm finding with that move is if a player has committed to something thats easily punished or on wake up. If blocked a lot of players will instinctively sidestep when they recover which opens them up for her CE mid-step.
nop, is a good advice, why? cause Raph is more linear on long range and Hilde has better reach, lets put 236B on Raph and 22BB on Hilde, who would take the hit? thats my point, so far I have raped several Raphs just cause of the reach

Back