Hilde: Q&A/General Discussion Thread

If it works keep using it, hell it's also a step killer if you want. As long as the ce activates after they begin to step it will track the opponent.

Thanks for all the quick and helpful input everyone. I've been more successful punishing with Hilde lately and using her in general(really helps that I can do c2b g c3a with relative ease now too.) I've only tried out a handful of ways mentioned so far and like caseh I then to usually play up-close with her when I can so I'll make sure take advantage her quick lows better(the safer the better with her.)

Didn't see a matchup thread around so does anyone have any matchup advice they could share?

Specifically against Pyrrha, Natsu, Nightmare and Maxi

Just general stuff to look out for, how to approach the match and whatnot. I'm mostly getting owned by everyone because I'm bad, but it's noticeably more against these characters

Didn't see a matchup thread around so does anyone have any matchup advice they could share?

Specifically against Pyrrha, Natsu, Nightmare and Maxi

Just general stuff to look out for, how to approach the match and whatnot. I'm mostly getting owned by everyone because I'm bad, but it's noticeably more against these characters
It might be specifically against them because all four of those characters are very easy to play.

For the Nightmare matchup, you need to learn his lows. They look like mids (they hit you at the waist -_-) so you'll need to memorize what they all look like on startup. The crouch throw is the hardest to react to, so that sortof becomes a guess if he gets close enough. Nightmare is really unsafe, so you want to look for an opportunity to whiff punish, by sidestepping or being outside his range. Be very cautious about the moves you use, because if you get too autopilot on the attacking, he can hit you with his Critical Edge or A+B hyperarmor bubblesposion. Your own Critical Edge will go through either of them, or if hes close enough you can grab him out. And finally - stay away from the edge of the ring. Hilde might be extremely good at ringoutting behind her, but Nightmare can ringout both forward and backward very well.

On Pyrrha, all I can say is don't do anything she can punish with TAS B too often (if shes the same as Pyrrha Omega, it's i14-i15 depending on inputs), and try to keep her as far from you as possible so she can't step on your toes for days. Shes a very safe character, so don't expect to be able to punish her often at close range. You may want to make use of GI, either through 4A+B+K or 3A. 3A would have to advantage of getting her out of your face on hold or counterhit. I don't have any offline experience with this matchup yet, so that's all I've got for her.

I'm still new myself, so if anything above is offtrack, please feel free to correct me for both KnitemareX's and my own benefit.

ok guys Ive figured out how to get B+K to work in 22B combos

22B instant backdash cancel C2B B+K C2B

you have to do the backdash as soon as possible and then cancel it almost instantly with C2B
if the B+K whiffs from being off axis you know you are close and you need to readjust your B+K timing
Ill make a video soon when I get this down more consistently on stick as I want you to see my hands while doing it. Or I can do it on pad Either or if people ask
This combo is also not easy at all. It has a high skill ceiling

Just curious, what kind of style should a Hilde player focus on? (Such as rushing, defense, sidestepping, luring in, tricks, etc)

Just curious, what kind of style should a Hilde player focus on? (Such as rushing, defense, sidestepping, luring in, tricks, etc)
From what I've been told/experienced, she's a very strong whiff punisher. This sort of style requires a strong, solid defense because you aren't going to be indefinitely pressuring your opponent. You want to force them to make a mistake, or do something you can sidestep and punish. She does great meterless damage, but doesn't have many practical combos with meter, leaving it available for her Critical Edge or Guard Impacts.

Shes a spacing/zoning monster with great movement and whiff punishes

Her CE is amazing as it will punish them for doing pretty much anything but blocking
even if they quickstep or backdash your CE will more often then not catch them out of that.

Thanks. I figure my biggest weakness aside from optimizing my punishes is character knowledge so any small tips on how to fight against them are a great help. Against Nightmare that's what I was mostly getting blown up by. His horizontal mid and low swings look real similar, and it's hard to know when to attack once he has a CE stocked. Seems this'll just be a case of familiarity

Pyrrha has been giving me trouble since it seems I have no breathing room up close. So she's a strong punisher who's mostly safe? I have no clue how to keep her out and have been resorting to throwing out random 2A+Bs (I'm aware this is a bad strat now btw) in the hopes that it'll go under her fast highs

I've only played against one other hilde on PSN and that person was trying to learn them as a secondary character. I know there's more of us out there!

I've fought about two other Hildes so far on PSN and they mostly sat there and did C1A and C1B at level one charge over and over ._.

but to answer OP, I didn't play IV but in this game I'm absolutely loving her ability to react and punish, her combos are pretty damaging and her poking game is nice :3c

I've fought about two other Hildes so far on PSN and they mostly sat there and did C1A and C1B at level one charge over and over ._.

but to answer OP, I didn't play IV but in this game I'm absolutely loving her ability to react and punish, her combos are pretty damaging and her poking game is nice :3c
U will find Hildes, but u wont find good Hilde players online, thats for sure, the ones I found where total trash with CAS almost naked and spamming 6BBB

I find Hilde to be very effective against the stronger hitting characters. It actually felt quite surprising to beat a very good Astaroth and Nightmare back to back. But then towards characters like Natsu and Setsuka, I find it really hard to fight against them.

Which characters do you feel are difficult to fight with Hilde?
Are there any techniques to fighting them? (Especially against Natsu and Setsuka)

The wiki says 66A+B is -11 on block. I'm fairly certain it's +5 (after a block, the i18 WR B clashes with i23 BB).

Back