Hilde: Q&A/General Discussion Thread

I decided to try out Hilde earlier this week. My friend chose Maxi.

I caught him with Hilde's CE a couple times while he was in back-turned. The first sequence connected as normal, but the last hit whiffed. I've seen footage of Hilde's CE fully connecting on a back-turned opponent. Is this range-dependent? A Maxi-specific bug?

Sony currently has my PS3, so I can't test it at home right now.

That tends to happen sometimes. If you did not land the Critical Edge correctly, sometimes either 1 or more of the hits will whiff, including the final strike.

It doesn't happen often, you shouldn't worry about it too much.

got some semi mid level play here

some thoughts and stuffs would be nice...
I used this thread since the video thread seemed kinda like a vacuum as no one was giving feed back

got some semi mid level play here

some thoughts and stuffs would be nice...
I used this thread since the video thread seemed kinda like a vacuum as no one was giving feed back

Hmm, interesting.
I play a bit differently. Usually really trying to land charge attacks and grabs. Maby I will post up a video of my gameplay soon.

Hmm, interesting.
I play a bit differently. Usually really trying to land charge attacks and grabs. Maby I will post up a video of my gameplay soon.
Charges are a pretty big risk in this game.
They are giable and you cant break throws while charging but please post some vids I'd like to see what other hildes have come up with

Charges are a pretty big risk in this game.
They are giable and you cant break throws while charging but please post some vids I'd like to see what other hildes have come up with

No problem! It would take a while though since today I have work.
And actually, when you are charging A, you can do the L2 grab. It is useful during a certain mixup I have.

Yes you can grab. I just tried a few right now online.
You two misunderstood eachother. The "L2" grab uses the B button. You may do that while charging A, but you may not use the A button to throw or throwtech. So if, say, Ivy chooses to A+G you when her back is to the edge of the ring, you can't tech it because you are charging A, so you're going to get rungout because you can't tech it.

You two misunderstood eachother. The "L2" grab uses the B button. You may do that while charging A, but you may not use the A button to throw or throwtech. So if, say, Ivy chooses to A+G you when her back is to the edge of the ring, you can't tech it because you are charging A, so you're going to get rungout because you can't tech it.

Ahh I see, my bad I did misunderstand him.
But still the grab is useful for mixups since the opponent always tends to try to block afterwords. You can throw a Charge A just to make sure he blocks then grab next time.

Ahh I see, my bad I did misunderstand him.
But still the grab is useful for mixups since the opponent always tends to try to block afterwords. You can throw a Charge A just to make sure he blocks then grab next time.
You can just break B when you see them charging A and be fine so its not really a mix up
or you can just not charge and do something else

You can just break B when you see them charging A and be fine so its not really a mix up
or you can just not charge and do something else

True, also on the not charge thing. Sometimes instead of just charging A, I just let go and run towards the guy and do the A+G grab instead. Either way works fine.

True, also on the not charge thing. Sometimes instead of just charging A, I just let go and run towards the guy and do the A+G grab instead. Either way works fine.
not having throws while charging isnt a big deal she has 1A and 1B which are both good lows

So I cannot for the life of me figure out the timing for the third hit of c3B.
Am I supposed to hit B again as the 2nd hit lands? Is it a just frame?

Don't personally find myself throwing that much, aside from her BE throw (why did they replace every command throw with a BE? D:) and suplexes because they're too cool.

So I cannot for the life of me figure out the timing for the third hit of c3B.
Am I supposed to hit B again as the 2nd hit lands? Is it a just frame?

Don't personally find myself throwing that much, aside from her BE throw (why did they replace every command throw with a BE? D:) and suplexes because they're too cool.
You can just mash R1. It always works for me.

Anyone else gotten to use it much in SC5?

I've just realised you can punish the patient players quite nicely and if both A and B are charged they can end a fight with two hits if they are CH. Done this in two rounds against a Raph player who I had previously been having problems with so hung back, baited him and unleashed the fury. Suffice to say, he wasn't happy and I got a string of hatemail in CAPS to emphasis his love of Hilde's unblockables.

Works best if you pick Hilde's stage, taunting from distance also helps as your opponent will often taunt back, thanks for the charge up time. :D

There was random projectile vomitting on the 8wr stream chat a while ago about how it's impossible to ever hit anything in the history of ever with Hilde's unblockables.....

15 seconds isn't much at all and is a vast improvement over IVs charge time. You can get 15 seconds from an opponent easily with just 3B A C1B (hold A + B at this point) and some back stepping (roughly 4 ~ 5 at least). If you have to release a charged B or A you will get a knockdown giving you another 3 to 4 seconds. 66K CH is good for a couple of seconds with some 1KK and 22K. A little bit of shuffling and you're at 15 seconds already.

This is obviously not exactly something to try to ride a tournament with, but it is nowhere near impossible or even very difficult. First round shennanigans. :)

PS - I'm 99% sure I can hit someone with Hilde's charged unblockables sooner than I can hit someone with Poe's B+K or WR A+B.....

the B is a little bit too slow to land on someone but its not impossible to hit people with it, C4A however is extremely good as a UB

The most classic example is Raymus (aka ShenYuan) in SC4 at Cannes, when he spent two round mostly just poking at SomethingUnique and then in the final round, SU was so pissed off about his play style he didn't even notice that 31 seconds had passed and ate a C4A.

Earlier today I was playing with an obviously very new Xiba. At the start of round 2, he moved backwards until it wouldn't let him, and said over the mic "I'm not going over there, you're come over here!".

Needless to say I took note of the timer and held B.
Needless to also say, his reaction over voice chat was priceless.

Back