Hilde: Q&A/General Discussion Thread

Sorry for the double post but if you mash 2a+b out during throw supers like ivy or astas
you will tc it...idk why this is possible

Sorry for the double post but if you mash 2a+b out during throw supers like ivy or astas
you will tc it...idk why this is possible
It must be a frame 1 tech crouch. Alpha can do it with 236 or 214 ~ death combo.
Any frame 1 tech crouch move buffered into the animation will beat the throw supers.

It must be a frame 1 tech crouch. Alpha can do it with 236 or 214 ~ death combo.
Any frame 1 tech crouch move buffered into the animation will beat the throw supers.

It doesn't have to be TC from the first frame. If the TC starts at frame 3 (like Leixia's 4A) it's still enough. ^^

Ok Zane, first and formost I agree that the guide is wrong in how the tell you Hilde 'Should be played', the only thing I can agree with is that she's a 'ranged' character, but more on that later.
That out of the way, what you're saying is also wrong. Hilde has no way she 'Should be played'. As a Hilde player you have to be dynamic and very aware of both your situation, and what moves you have at your disposal.
Now when I say Hilde is a ranged character, I mean that she has various tools that work exceptionally well at varying ranges.
At Max range you have 22B, C3B(A), CE, 6BB(B), 2B+K and 4B. Every single one of these moves are better for varying uses at Max Range and it would be Ideal for you to know what each one is.

22B is your go to Side step tool at this range. If they're throwing something out, Chances are you've either side stepped it or ducked it.
C3B is what you throw out at max range after blocking something since the majority of the cast can't punish it and you're breaking guage slowly, if C3B hits, mash your A.
CE is your Go to punish at max range. Every single "Safe cause no one can reach" move is now 95 damage punishable.
6BB is your ranged poke, if you catch a CH, mash the last B out.
2B+K is your long your slow low that if they don't want to crouch will KD on hit.
4B is your "ok you tried to attack at max range, watch me back step it and smash your face" move.

At mid range, you will probably use things like 22A, 3[A], [A+B], 66A, 66A+B, 11A, 44B, 2B+K
22A is the go to side step here since its faster and covers step better. It still TC's but only gives frames on hit, not damage. 22AA on hit means 66K must be blocked or GI'd, no aGI or step move can stop it.
3[A] is for when they throw out a Mid to stop you side stepping. on aGI its guaranteed and although the combo is finicky and stage specific, it still puts you at a massive advantage (them on floor and at your best range)
[A+B] and 66A are your anti-step tools.
66A+B is your go to tech jump option at this range. Jump that 1A and pummel them into the ground.
11A and 2B+K are your low options with 44B as a hybrid low/back step/tech jump option.

At close range you have things like AA/2A/4A, 66K, 66B, 44K, 1A, 2A+B
AA, 2A, 4A all fit in the category of fast interrupt/punish. AA does the most damage on NH but 2A and 4A give the best frames. 2A is to TC and hit crouchers, 4A is to hit jumpers.
66K is your fastest advancing move. anything that pushes you back out of AA range usually gets punished with 66K.
66B is your best non meter punish at i18.
44K is your TJ move at this range.
1A is your low
2A+B is an i16 punish tc mid.

This is just what I found out so far. there's other stuff you can use.

man JG has made me really sadface....what a fucking stupid mechanic
xeph and partisan have begun JGing 22B and 3(A) on reaction...
makes both of them launcher punishable...
Namco needs to patch out this garbage mechanic

they need to patch it so that if you try to JG and miss the timing, you get hit if you do it too early, not just too late.
Like make it so that frame 1 of hitting G will JG, frames 2-8 there's a hole where you're partially guarding but if it the move is a BA, then it penetrates guard and you eat the hit instead. The whole concept of an advanced defensive mechanic with almost no drawbacks to attempt it is just silly, and the community has mentioned that when they first announced it...

The only thing I dislike about C3B (besides being -58 on block what the fuck) is that you need to press A to get the additional attack for it. I don't like the fact that I have to drop an A charge to get the additional attack. I think it would work a bit better if the followup was done with B instead. What do you all think?

Honestly, if I hit someone on C3BA, slamming on my A+B+K trigger, I don't worry about that lost A charge, as I can easily recharge it to C1_2A during the combo. Also on the idea of using B instead of A, you have to remember A and B are different for Hilde than anyone else, as each control one of her 2 awesome weapons and that is how she works. (seeing that in C3BA she hits the with her sword for the coup de grace)

Remember, hitting that move does at least 76 damage w/o counter, way worth dropping an A charge (unless your going for C4A, then it MIGHT be worth saving)

BTW C3B is only -18 if you don't hit the A. The only reason you would use the A on block is if you know what their punisher is and wanted to stay in the air a little longer to hopefully avoid it.

Indeed, anyway does C2A on counter increase the stun duration, I looked on our frame charts and it says it doesn't however after some C2A counters I can unleash a C3BA or 3BA~C1B, is this correct or am I just getting these hits off the enemy attempting to attack after stun?

CH doesn't add frames anymore. At lest not that I've found.
Easiest way to know is t go in to training, set counter hit to attack and the dummy to guard 2nd attack and then do C2A C3B

Indeed, anyway does C2A on counter increase the stun duration, I looked on our frame charts and it says it doesn't however after some C2A counters I can unleash a C3BA or 3BA~C1B, is this correct or am I just getting these hits off the enemy attempting to attack after stun?
It doesn't add frames and you are hitting thoes cause some people and mostly the AI, after the stun the try to attack and they get hit by them.

Have been playing SCV but not actual battles (just messing around in CaS and offline casuals with family), but I did eventually have one good day put into playing actual battles online.

From my limited observation, Hilde doesn't really have a reliable quick move to punish, even in close-quarters which got me beaten in many CQC battles. Her lows aren't the greatest either, but are respectable, though all I really got to land reliably was 1 B+K and that other kick that combos twice.

And geez, I fought a turtling Viola and because I believed that Hilde should avoid CQC, I stayed mid to long-ranged and tried to poke and bait Viola, but from that distance it's easy to block/duck/sidestep Hilde's B pokes on reaction. Great experience as this was the first time I fought against a turtle while using Hilde.

Just to confirm my theory, is perhaps 3B, A or 66B good for CQ?

Let's share some strategies and tactics.

I'm merging this with general discussion/Q&A please dont make threads like this and instead ask in Q&A

Back