Hilde: Q&A/General Discussion Thread

I'm merging this with general discussion/Q&A please dont make threads like this and instead ask in Q&A
Oops. Posting here for some reason completely flew over my head.

4A
2A

Each of these work well, 1K is a good close range poke which puts you at +1 (i think) on hit but it doen't work as an interrupt like 2A.

Hmm. Seems like her close quarters game is about poking and mixing up the opponent, possibly baiting whiffs. At the moment. Other options haven't been successful?

Hmm. Seems like her close quarters game is about poking and mixing up the opponent, possibly baiting whiffs. At the moment. Other options haven't been successful?

I'm no expert but in close Hilde is more about interrupts than pokes in my experience at least. Baiting whiffs is her strength at range due to 22_88A and C3BA as example punishers.

Her mixup game isn't the best so CQ for extended periods of time should be avoided or you will have your luck tested.

Hilde is most effective when properly spacing the opponent. This thread should be used as a reference on how and what moves are effective at doing this. To prevent sidestep, recommended tools include C1A, C2A, C3A, 22_88AA, 6AKA, 66A, and in some cases 2A. To keep the opponent at a distance, some good moves to use are 6BB(do not use third hit),44B, C1B, C2B, C3B, and 22_88B(use sparingly as it is quite linear and risky, but do to its high damage output for following combos it should be used). Moves that Hilde can use to keep up with speedy characters include 2A, 2A+B, 3K, 4A, 66B, and 66K. Some honorable mentions include [A+B](works to catch counters short and long distance leading to damaging combos and always hold it, do not do the normal move), 6A+B(her only non guard break tool that tracks ok and puts her at advantage on block), 11A her one of few lows thats actually decent(use it rarely as it is easy to see coming but even on NH, 1B can be used afterward), and 4KK(most people forget about the second hit which can be followed up even on NH with 44K).

Any other tips, tricks, or moves are much appreciated. Please help me to figure out the proper way to space with Hilde and to unlock her full potential! Stick with it Hilde players, your a dying breed.

BTW how useful is 3A or 3[A] ?

as a note, if you intend to use 4KK, always do it as 4K{b}K because you will always have enough time to charge up to C2B for the launch.

I suck at merging this crap. I mostly just deal with the trolls.
But something I forgot to mention in my post was that her 3A is best used as a step kill tool, and her 3[A] is best used as an anti-mid aGI for when you know the other characters inside out.

Sorry guys didn't know about posting this kind of thread in the Q and A section. I did not know C2B launches after 4KK that is awesome. For 3A, should it be used often or sparingly?

3A itself is slightly unsafe on block at -13, but the majority of the cast can't do anything to punish that. You aren't going to want to throw it out too often though as it is slow (at i28) and is easily interrupted, but if you do it when you're at a certain amount of advantage, depending on your opponents habits, they may try to interrupt it too late or step and then get CH into damage.
Its a little bit too slow to be a highly used move though.
aGI 3[A] however, if you know that you can interrupt a string with it, is brutal.

Sources: http://www.soularchive.jp/SC5/adjust/index.html
https://sdtekken.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/soulcalibur_v_battle_system_update_march_2012.pdf

-6A.K.B (Climbing Flame): decreased third attack's damage (40→18). Launches higher when the third attack hits.

-3A (Aerial Power): decreased guard burst damage and lowered critical gauge increase rate.

-3A (Aerial Power): launches higher when the second attack hits. Shortened opponent's block freeze. Decreased guard burst damage and lowered critical gauge increase rate. Same changes to 3A (counter) (Aerial Power).

-3bA+B+K (White Monument): shortened opponent's block freeze for first attack. Decreased second attack's damage (20→15). The second attack launches up in front when it hits the opponent.

-1K.K: decreased second attack's damage (20→14).

-A+B (Double Falcon): lengthened freeze for performing the second attack and opponent's block freeze. Advantage has not changed, but releasing B button (stage 2) (Moonlit Dance) on counter hit will hit opponent on the ground when used in combo.

-6A+B (Royal Windmill): Shortened opponent's block freeze.

-2A+B (Golden Heart): Increased damage (22→34).

-B+K (Iron Tower): decreased damage on air hit(30→5). Same change to 3bA+B+K (White Monument).

-66 or 33 or 99bA+B+K (Red Stone): Opponent stays standing after first attack's normal hit. 2nd input can be delayed longer. 2nd attack no longer stuns opponent on both normal hit and counter hit.

-66 or 33 or 99K (Knee Assault): lengthened freeze for performing the move.

-44K (Sickle Kick): Increased damage (20→30). No change to 11 or 77K.

-A release (stage 2) (Mystic Star): increased damage (20→24).

-A release (stage 3) (Mystic Star): decreased first attack's damage (28→20).

-B release (stage 2) (Moonlit Dance): launches opponent higher on air hit.

-236236A+B+K (Storm and Urge): fixed tendency for fifth attack in the move to miss.

I can't really figure out if these are buffs or nerfs really... can someone please clarify because I don't see it.

I can't really figure out if these are buffs or nerfs really... can someone please clarify because I don't see it.
For me is buff, why? cause although there are some nerfs, the combo possibilities (apparently) are huge. For example take 3[A] launch higher meaning more time for huge combos chances or take 3bBE it launches in front meaning, no need to waste time turning around = HUGE! combo chances. Is not about what single moves got affected but the new options we are given :D

I was hoping I was reading it correctly. I was afraid 3b BE would be unable to combo anymore. As for 3[A], I like the idea but can someone remind me what it impacts? That would be helpful. I also think I will abuse 2A+B more since it is stronger. "shortened opponent's block freeze" does that mean less advantage and frames? Does a longer pause on the second hit of [A+B] make it unusable anymore since it is much easier to step? And does 3b BE hitting in front of you now allow for a "new doom combo" as C2B will keep pushing the opponent forward?

I was hoping I was reading it correctly. I was afraid 3b BE would be unable to combo anymore. As for 3[A], I like the idea but can someone remind me what it impacts? That would be helpful. I also think I will abuse 2A+B more since it is stronger. "shortened opponent's block freeze" does that mean less advantage and frames? Does a longer pause on the second hit of [A+B] make it unusable anymore since it is much easier to step? And does 3b BE hitting in front of you now allow for a "new doom combo" as C2B will keep pushing the opponent forward?
1. Yes, less advantage.
2. A+B is too confusing for me ATM, can't tell about it.
3. I highly doubt they are that stupid to make another doom combo after all the controversy, most likely C2B will hit ground. I'm thinking something like: 3bBE 4K C2B, around 90dmg?

um, 3B BE and POSSIBLY B+K launch forwards now, nothing was said about C2B launching forwards, just about it launching higher. I have some Ideas for new combos but at the moment I'm going to sandbag it for upcoming event.

um, 3B BE and POSSIBLY B+K launch forwards now, nothing was said about C2B launching forwards, just about it launching higher. I have some Ideas for new combos but at the moment I'm going to sandbag it for upcoming event.
I have also a couple of nasty ideas, now that I have more knowledge on the character :D

Hey Hilde players,
I'm interested in picking up the character but the playstyle of hanging back to charge moves while relegating oneself to K is a turn-off. How effective is Hilde when only using C1 or C2 moves as potential follow-ups to her normal moveset?

Hey Hilde players,
I'm interested in picking up the character but the playstyle of hanging back to charge moves while relegating oneself to K is a turn-off. How effective is Hilde when only using C1 or C2 moves as potential follow-ups to her normal moveset?
You can charge during a combo, is not like you always have to be charging and if you do then, no both A/B at the same time. Charges level 1 are pretty meh, level 2 are the best ones IMO and level 3 just for combos or tech trap if B.

Is there any way to turn off the R1 + L1 position reset in training mode? It's preventing me from doing some combos because my A and B buttons are mapped to the shoulder buttons.

Back