Hilde: Q&A/General Discussion Thread

Well i don't know wtf is going on lol. I didn't know that these rules where being made. But i am happy the way things went. Maybe someone who has some say so read my article and i changed their mind. All i want to really say is this, No one who plays hilde wants to be known as a cheap player who just abuses broken things. But we shouldn't all be so quick to be a bunch of judas against our own character. There are easier combo's in the game that are way more damaging and cheap.

Its hard for me to wrap my head around whats going on. I wounder who made the pull for c2b loops and why. All i can say is that was the right move. Everyone who has no clue calls it the c2b infinite, but its the c2b loop.

Victory, the C2Bs are legal.

Jaxel changed his mind because the people who told him to ban C2B combos don't know anything about Hilde.

http://8wayrun.com/threads/official-soulcalibur-v-post-evo-2012-rule-changes.14126/

Here's C2B combos perfectly acceptable at high level play.

http://ja.twitch.tv/strikechannel/b/323190305

Matches start at 1:02:28
Wow, great matches IMO. Chanzono has a strong Hilde and strong SC knowledge. The C2B loop in particular didn't seem broken to me, but admittedly as the matches went on, it seemed like the C2B loop combo contains but one loop too many.

Who is this Chanzano guy, and out of curiosity does he play on stick or pad? Those backsteps were insanely fast. I also didn't know that Itazan plays this game.

I was wondering the same thing. Those back steps are really fast. does that allow you too block quicker? Also, shout outs to the loop not being banned.

I was wondering the same thing. Those back steps are really fast. does that allow you too block quicker? Also, shout outs to the loop not being banned.
when that vid was posted by runis i made the same comments lol. He is using wave dashing, canceling back into sidestep into back step really fast. I just started doing it about a week ago and its amazing. Easy trick to doing it is this back qcb qcb qcb. If you look in hilde video thread we discuss it some.

essentially makes moving back more safe and its awsome tool for spacing.

What a dead SA. This is worse than Raphael and Aeon. Well I try to play Hilde sometime I love the character. And I can't do loops.
But I love all the Homeland techtraps. So broken lol.

Well, I've stopped posting everything about Hilde I find out since to put it bluntly, no one really cares.
most of it is minor stuff which no one even remembers to use in a tournament so they go to their basic tactics.
Also she has so much character specific situations its kinda silly

What's interesting about Hilde is that, right now, there's no general consensus as to where she is on the tier list. Whereas with most characters there's at least a rough idea of how they fare.

What's interesting about Hilde is that, right now, there's no general consensus as to where she is on the tier list. Whereas with most characters there's at least a rough idea of how they fare.
Well no one better not say she's low tier....I don't think so lol she has one of the best CE's in the game,66k is good and thats all I know lol I think she is mid tier like ezio or something.

Well no one better not say she's low tier....I don't think so lol she has one of the best CE's in the game,66k is good and thats all I know lol I think she is mid tier like ezio or something.

Yeah, one of the few things most people agree on about Hilde is that her CE is fucking awesome. A+B is godlike against opponents who can't block punish it regardless of the range where it's used.

Yeah, one of the few things most people agree on about Hilde is that her CE is fucking awesome. A+B is godlike against opponents who can't block punish it regardless of the range where it's used.
I see. I think hilde is tourney viable and meh off topic but don't u get tired of people underestimating chars like raphael,zwei, dampierre? I know they have badmatchups and all that..but not to the point they cant win any tournament....

If anyone can figure out how to get the BT K C2B loop realiably. That man just skyrocketed her to SSS-Tier.
220 damage 150 meter and a wake up C4A_C2B reset mix up from any launcher.
FoV5u.gif

hey, i just started to learn hilde due to the lack of hilde's i see online and out of my need to find a new character. right now, my major hurdle is getting used to doing C2B loops (even just two of 'em). i'm probably gonna have to check the other threads to check if my binding's fine and/or techniques to help me.

You can substitute C2B loops with the pre-patch Starter → C2B → C3A → tech trap shenanigans of choice.

What is the best method of avoiding/breaking grabs with Hilde? Is there a better way to avoid grabs as opposed to dropping charges to break them?

find out her TC moves. C1A, WR B, 22A, 22B. if you're expecting a throw its best to dodge and counter it.

Back