Hilde vs Character Name (Match ups)

LOL RTD..comming from the algol and hildie player ..lol..!!!......i invented this play style!!!!... DON'T HATE!!!!....i picked up amy with no vids to start from and here i am.....NOW THE WORLD IS COPPYING!!!!!! hahaha....DON'T hate on my WOMEN!!! ^_^

<3

...on topic... RTD... most of those move are mids no?...they are good.. but a smart yoda player will know that.. and take advantage..but i will try my hildie on OFF today when he comes over.with the things you posted...to see how it goes... thanks!!

Good post RTD.

Did you happen to test trying to jump over yodas roll? I'm wondering if the mid kicks will hit her out of that, but with as strange of a character as he is you never know. About to head off to work, but when I get back I'm going to keep working on anti Algol / Astaroth stuff. Already found a few things but before I post up I want to try testing them in real matches. Do you happen to have a good Algol player in ATL?

Good post RTD.

Did you happen to test trying to jump over yodas roll? I'm wondering if the mid kicks will hit her out of that, but with as strange of a character as he is you never know. About to head off to work, but when I get back I'm going to keep working on anti Algol / Astaroth stuff. Already found a few things but before I post up I want to try testing them in real matches. Do you happen to have a good Algol player in ATL?

Thanks.

kicking Yoda out of rolls seems like a good option because if you can interrupt his roll, whether it's his 6A+K or 236K, you won't be at a mix up. i'd also like to see Hilde can b,b him out of it. I have to play around with that.

But it's better to evade these rolls if you can. You can go into training mode and have Yoda do 6A+K and 236K until you can evade (jump 6A+K and sidestep 236K) them on reaction.

It'll definitely be good to have some anti-strats on Algol and Astaroth. Let me see what I can come up with.

I don't have any good Algol players in Atl....wait a minute. Let me see if I can hit up SWWWOOORRRDD_LLLOOORD.

EDIT on April 17th, 10:00 am est: Yoda can roll under all standing mid attacks. While rising mids will interrupt his rolls though.

AWESOME POST!!! RTD... very good info to know!!... however after the last toronto tourney..and seing OFF vs Valie.... i still think that this fight is extremly hard for hilde...it is "almost" an "auto win" for yoda..
There's a difference between Yoda, and OOF's Yoda. Remember that. :P

By the way, RTD, don't get too happy with Hilde's BB. Yoda can roll under it and punish you.

Hey guys, the anti-yoda guide for Hilde has been completed because it would be unfair to Yoda players if I kept going.

Check out the latest updates.

There's a difference between Yoda, and OOF's Yoda. Remember that. :P

By the way, RTD, don't get too happy with Hilde's BB. Yoda can roll under it and punish you.

congratulations. You're the reason why I've wrote this guide.

Yoda has fallen before the flag of Wolf Krone and now the blood is on your hands.

Ok I figure I'll just post up an anti Algol strat/combo I found while messing around with some anti bubble things. When Algol uses 4[A+B] and you are at far-mid range, use c3b. After that gi the bubble and proceed to do the rest of the doom combo. The notation should look something like this.

C3B gi bubble relaunch 44k c2bb c3a c2bb c2aa.

It does about 100 damage and it rings out abit further than normal for a doom combo. If you and Algol trade hits with the c3b and bubble, you can still do this combo. Step to the left and gi the bubble fast, and you will be able to still do the 44k etc part. This can be done on reaction or those times it just happens to hit.

Try it out in practice mode, it's viable to be done in a real match and should make Algol more hesitant to use the 4[A+B] bubble spread. If you are close you can't do this, however you can still step forward and gi both of the bubbles back into his face.

Ok I figure I'll just post up an anti Algol strat/combo I found while messing around with some anti bubble things. When Algol uses 4[A+B] and you are at far-mid range, use c3b. After that gi the bubble and proceed to do the rest of the doom combo. The notation should look something like this.

C3B gi bubble relaunch 44k c2bb c3a c2bb c2aa.

It does about 100 damage and it rings out abit further than normal for a doom combo. If you and Algol trade hits with the c3b and bubble, you can still do this combo. Step to the left and gi the bubble fast, and you will be able to still do the 44k etc part. This can be done on reaction or those times it just happens to hit.

Try it out in practice mode, it's viable to be done in a real match and should make Algol more hesitant to use the 4[A+B] bubble spread. If you are close you can't do this, however you can still step forward and gi both of the bubbles back into his face.

Interesting, I didn't know about the parry thingy.

I'll just go ahead and add to this to complete the following...

HOW TO SHUT DOWN ALGOL'S BUBBLE SPAM
Hilde can lock Algol's bubble game down no matter what he does.

For Algol's 4A+B bubble spread, using the above method is devastating. Keep in mind that Algol throws out 2 bubbles that spread out over time. Just stay at least 2 characters spaces away, and the bubbles will not hit you. Before any objections, go read the disclaimer.

You can also just use C2 B, C3 A, C2 B, C2 A as well, or whatever you'd like because during Algol's bubble spread, just keep in mind that you own the linear path as long as you're at least 2 spaces characters away.

If Algol does the bubble spread from point blank range, just respect it. That's because you'll have to block both of the bubbles at different times. It can get a little tricky, hence the gesture, just respect it.

Other than that, Algol has 2 more bubble options. One of those options is 22_88 A+B.

All Hilde has to do for this options is to step in the same direction that Algol is going, i.e, if the
Algol player presses down, you press down. This will evade both of Algol's bubbles.

At that point, Algol is vulnerable for about 1-2 seconds and Hilde can let him have it with Doom combos for days.

The last bubble option is more straight forward. This option is Algol's linear bubble, which is his 6A+B/2A+B command.

Hilde loves to hear things like linear with her side step. As you've probably already figured by now, just side step and again, let him have it with Doom combos. Keep in mind that it's better to side step these to Hilde's left.

disclaimer: there may be times where these rules will not apply and you will experience extreme weirdness like bubbles bouncing off of walls and random bubbles hitting you in the back of the head, etc... don't come back and blame me if you've lost a tournament because a bubble blocked the camera and the sun got in your eyes.

New X discovery (or at least new to me), if you step 66k to the left you can get a free throw off of X. If you time it abit late you will get a backthrow before she can recover from the move as she spins around.

[edit] some more notes.

-step either way to avoid aK2b and aKk (same timing for both, no guessing)
-step right to stop all sxs options (sxs a is abit harder to step as is k, but both possible. If I'm not mistaken k and a use the -same timing about)
-44aa can be jf ducked and c3b punished, timing is strange and I doubt it will be practicle in a real much. Never know though.
-4k is c2aa giable for some reason, c3a ducks under it so i doubt its gi will ever happen.
-11ka can of course be ducked, and you get a free backthrow if you throw fast. Can do c3b punish if you want as well, but near walls and such the backthrow is probably more worth it for 65 .

Jotting this down so I can check back with it and retest tomorrow as well.

I just want to throw this in there. After Yoda blocks or gets hit with the K of FC C3 A, K, he cannot block the follow up A.

To generalize this...

I think it's a system flaw associated with Yoda. From what I know, he cannot block lows after mids in a string. That's assuming that you are close enough to make him block or get hit by the mid.

Well it doesn't solve everything but it sure does help even the odds. SU seems to have a good amount of success with it...

non JF asura blocked = c3b. Asura can be stepped as well... sure it's good but it can also get you killed pretty hard.

Well, I guess since we're on the subject, I'll post anti Kilik strats.

You can do moves like 4B+K, 3K, 44K and 33K to kill Asura.

Or you can step the first part of Asura to the left and get a free C3B; if Kilik continues with the second part, it will be counter hit. If you got a Kilik that's reacting to your charges, just do moves like K cancel, block/side step any part of the Asura, and get a free C3 B.

That means that Asura = instant death on open stages. If it's a walled stage, then Kilik loses half of his life. The risk for doing Asura against an experienced Hilde doesn't outweigh the rewards.

Kilik players also have a tendency to do Asura off of the ground. You can do the following to get a free counter hit move for additional damage:

Run up to Kilik and do moves like 33K, C2B(since it's very diffucult to time the Asura off the ground for this charge), FC C3 A, K, B, or side step to your left, because Kilik is weak to his right.

Kilik also doesn't have any good moves to close the gap when Hilde is spacing him. Hilde can use this disadvantage to safely space him with charged moves.

Also, watch out for his WS B, of course ,by side stepping this linear move to the left to get any charge move you'd like.

You can also shut down his wake up by teching to the left and taking one step to the left. That will avoid things like his 4A+B, or 66B, or his grabs.

If you see his 214 B wind up, just do 8k.

Also, if Kilik runs up on you, what can he do that can damage you?

Grabs! So you can just generally duck him when he runs up on you for desperate damage because he doesn't have fast damaging mids. If he stops to do a powerful mid, like WS B or 4A+B, then attack him or just side step. But it is risky for him to run up to Hilde, look at her, and take the time to do a mid that's at least plus 18 frames.

This is not counting 66B, since that mid is chip damage on non-counter hit. Hilde can take those love taps all day.

That's just off the top of my head. Hopefully Wing_Zero will further enlighten me so I can post some more strats! :)

Hilde vs. Kilik = :(

....Asura?

not the answer...

Well it doesn't solve everything but it sure does help even the odds. SU seems to have a good amount of success with it...

non JF asura blocked = c3b. Asura can be stepped as well... sure it's good but it can also get you killed pretty hard.

It's not going to get blocked if you're REACTING to the charge.

Lol! Couldn't have said it better myself Nofacekill3r.

People have talked about reacting to charges over and over again and I have yet to see it in action. Even in videos with people saying they can do it.

RTD already addressed this point. "If you got a Kilik that's reacting to your charges, just do moves like K cancel, block/side step any part of the Asura, and get a free C3 B."

Back