Hilde vs Character Name (Match ups)

That's simply because no one else can do it but me. Its cool if u don't believe it as almost no one does. However that seems to always change the moment I run directly into whatever Hilde i'm playing and they wonder why there charges are being countered over and over again.

That's an example back then. Trust me the efficiency of my countering charges is even sharper now. Oof couldn't believe it either until he played me as well. It really doesn't matter who believes what but what I do know is every Hilde that plays me ends up disgruntled when it happens.

SU: That's very impressive. Granted...Asura can always be a problem in the right hands executed at the 'right' time.

But so can Hilde's charges. When you compare Hilde's charge moves and Kilik's Asura side by side, you'll notice that both have built in auto parries, but Hilde's auto parry takes it a step further by parrying some kick attacks. In addition to that, Hilde's charges are safe, have more range, take off more life, and have more RO potential.

Beside that, there has been some mention about avoiding all of Lizzy's crawl options by stepping up-forward(9).

I wouldn't recommend trying to step Lizzy's A attack out of the crawl stance though because the timing is too strict.

However, the rest of his crawl stance attacks can be stepped. I recommend either 2_8 for stepping though.

For dealing with Lizzy's crawl stance in general, it might be best to just stay ducking to block his instant A attack and stand up when Lizzy executes any other attack.

That's because no attack he has out of crawl stance is as fast as his A attack.

I'll have to do some experimenting to find the best way to deal with his crawl stance with Hilde....

Lizardman's Stance is fairly easy to deal with outside of 1A. The whole reason behind Step 9 is that it cancels out everything including 1A which no other direction does because your getting around the hitbox and to his side where nothing else would be able to hit u.

Other tip:

I believe there is 2 moves from his crawl stance that place you in FC on block (1A and something else). The other notation prevents you from stepping after blocking as a result from being placed into FC. Simply blocking everything and just waiting for the 1A to chip Hilde gives you an opening to use step 9 against any other follow up.

Since I got the chance to play against a good Hilde, here are a few things that I’ve come to conclude about Hilde:

1) You can’t mix her up (if anyone has ever played against a good Gief in SF4, that is pretty much how you should play against Hilde )

2) It’s imperative that you not only be able to close the gap, but be able to do so whenever possible

3) Have moves ready that can stop her running throw/low/mid game

4) Blocking is an extremely high priority; I’d rather die by CF than die randomly to a random charge

5) Pay attention and know what charges are available to her at all times

6) If you have a notion that Hilde is going to grab you, use either a move that puts your character airborne or break the grab. Don’t duck unless you’re 100% sure that you’re about to get thrown

7) In regards to throwing Hilde, think about what charge restricts your character the most, then throw with that button (SU pointed this out a long time ago)

8) If Hilde gets your back to the edge of the ring, it’s an almost guaranteed round for her. Try not to get in this position

9) Pay attention to what frame trap situation you’re in so you can then predict accurately as to what comes next.

10) If Hilde gets predictable with her charges, GI

11) Don’t do unnecessary shit. Block and move when appropriate.

12) Be aware of your range

13) Pressure is good against Hilde, but smart pressure is better. Don’t pressure unless you know your frames/situation blah blah

14) Hilde backdashing is the worst shit to run up on. It's even worse than Algol backdashing

I have a few more things, but they’re not concrete yet. Out of everything on that list I feel that #1, 2, 3, and 4 are the important points to consider when developing your anti Hilde strategy. I had a really long post, but then the browser crashed and I lost everything :/ I’ll come back and edit this post when I remember what I said, lol

Anyway, on to Kilik vs. Hilde:

Kilik can close the gap relatively safely with 66B. Hilde can step this move, but Kilik can alter his 66B input so that it can
track. With that said, 66B is probably his best overall move against Hilde.

In regards to the wakeup game, Kilik can do 22_88K/2K to catch Hilde siderolling. To be honest, I don’t think one should pursue wakeup against Hilde at all…but then again, that could just be because I play Kilik…

In the mixup department, I feel that Kilik is too slow to keep pressure on Hilde. Kilik should focus primarily on quick pokes and counterhits.

Overall, I don’t think Kilik succeeds against Hilde with mixups because he’s so slow and going for these mixups in this matchup would just get him killed. Kilik simply can’t put pressure on Hilde like some characters can (Asta, Liz, Yoda) However, I do believe that Kilik succeeds in this matchup with GI/Asura. Kilik has some of the better GI mixups in the game, so successfully landing a couple of GIs could potentially net Kilik the win. Asura is self explanatory; if I predict correctly or can see the charge, I get almost 30%. It’s one of the things that keep Kilik competitive against Hilde (it’s also one of two reasons that Hilde can’t pressure Kilik at range with charges all day); of course Hilde can mix things up and make it tricky…but I think every Hilde player is a little guilty of getting predictable after a while. Having a very potent set of one-hit kill moves/setups/traps/everything will do that to a player :p
it’s vital that Kilik execute 100% when he guesses correctly. Nothing is more gay than when you GI successfully, go for FOTD, THEY DON’T BREAK IT, and then you don’t finish it, and then you get auto dead off of random charge# 421 *insert sad, yet angry face here*

But anyway, to summarize: Kilik v. Hilde is somewhat manageable; you just have to be T-100 and have perfect awareness.

Random note: This game sux....

all that ^^^^ shit is BEAUTIFUL!!! WING tell RTD i can't wait to test my skills on his hildie... been waiting to test

my anti hildie for a while now...

The thing with Voldo, is that outside of stance, you can step everything he has. If he's in stance, well.. you can still step most of his stuff.

I think hilde's toughest matchup is amy it's like if you can't space amy well she eats you alive and she closes in fast. BBB destroys all hilde close range options.

Lol, tef revived a thread....

Amy vs Hilde (Amy's Advantages)

1.) Amy has Auto GI which imps both C3A and B as well as most of Hilde's other charged attacks. Using Amy's Auto GI effectively against Hilde opponents will make them think twice about using her charges.

2.) Amy's 1A and 3A stops Hilde step which is a huge part of playing her effectively its also useful for negating charges since most Hilde step into a charged attack.

3.) Pressure is Hilde's biggest weakness IMO because one thing about Hilde players is they do not like to lose charges and Amy's ability to constantly attack allows her to stay close in range, keep maximum pressure, and can force Hilde to lose her charges.

4.) Back against the edge vs Hilde makes it seem like she automatically won that one but not vs Amy....
Hilde can't B+G throw so scratch that out, 6BB is a quick way cancel her charges or stop airborne/high attacks.
Amy's 4A evades ALL vertical attacks so if anticipated just 4A away. 2 successful 4A's should put Amy's back away from the edge.
Last but not least, a Good Hilde will to mix up a series of attacks when they have their opponents at the edge. Mostly, C3B into C3A (both blocked) con't 8K (no hit) 2A (hit) or (block) 4A+K and that other RO kick thats not 44K. She will do these moves to either keep you at the edge or RO you. Amy's works well against this because of her speed and ability to constantly attack keeping her opponents at disadvantage until they Imp or simply block but moves like 6B, 2K, 1A, 4A are difficult to imp on reaction and knowing Hilde's they'd be caught up in charging.

Exactly amy auto GI give me trouble and cancels my charging the main thing hilde got over amy is her steping ability.

fight amy without charges sounds crazy but i'll try :) this will be 10x tougher my hilde is basesd around using charges a lot.

Back