History of 4/20

The-Instigator

[09] Warrior
Just curious, what is the history behind this date and why did it involve marijuana? Note that this is NOT a joke topic... I really don't know the history behind this date and I'm too much of a sloth to find out XD.

**Off Topic A Bit**

Playing SC4 is fun and all.... But have you ever played SC4.... On weed? Yo, after a good toke of two, it seems like I can see everything coming.. I turn into a GI machine yo!

Some kids a while back smoked weed after school at around 4:20 pm then the shit just caught on. At least that's what i've heard. Then again i've heard at least 10 different reasons this is Weed day.

same. just wiki it. group of kids in cen/nor cal somewhere would meet up at that time and smoke. good times.

@LeftHandLead
ever look at a 20 dollar bill....ON WEED!?

anywhoo the best story i've heard was that it started at some high school in cali where all the stoners would meet at 4:20pm and blaze. So when april 20 came around they treated the whole day as if it was 4:20PM. And since traditions like these spread it soon became a notion-wide holiday. here are some other explanations i've heard

420 is police code for someone that possesses mary J
4/20 is hitlers b-day
4/20 is the day marley died (which is wrong, he died in may from an infected toe)

Back