How do you set your controller?

Esura

[08] Mercenary
I use Type C on a PS3 controller except that I switch the L2 default and make it B+K. I'm still trying to figure out how to add A+K as well as the other multi press buttons on the trigger, or at least the more important ones.

Pad:

face remains the same.
L2: A+B
L1: B+K
R2: A+K
R1: G

Why? While some of the double presses can be easy it is just a good mapping for numerous strategies. Setsuka can pull A:G:B by hitting SQUARE:R1:L1. Much easier. Ivy has 1 button access to B+K and A+K switches. Night mare can A:G:A by hitting SQUARE:R1:R2. As for R1 being another G...why not a B+G or A+G? Well, I find different times to use X and different times to use R1. X is better for blocking, GI'ing. R1 is better for slide inputs and gives you easy access to both A+G and B+G. No need to devote 2 whole buttons to 2 different grabs or have 2 different button setups for each. CF is TRI+R1+R2. Not too hard.

Stick (SF4 TE stick): Type A

Sq: A
Tri: B
Cir: B+K
X: G
R1: K
L2: A+B+K+G
L1: SWT

Why? Sq, Tri, R1, X is probably standard for all A, B, K, G set ups. Cir and R2 are occasional hotkeys when I absolutely have to have the double press occur and not a slide or an accidental single press (Helps a lot when i want to spam Ivy's WP B+K attacks but am forced to hold A during the process to avoid switching to CL). L2 just gives a nice out o the way CF hot key as pressing all 4 keys may not always do all 4 as efficiently as a pad. L1 is so far out of the way i never use it, so why not put SWT on it for those rare times i actually play Tower or arcade (they'll make tag team...some day T.T)?

Stick (SF4 TE stick): Type B (Setsuka/Nightmare and character specific setups)

Sq: A
Tri: B
Cir: A
X: G
R2: G
R1: K
L2: A+B+K+G
L1: B (or A)

Why? Sq, Tri, R1, X is probably standard for all A, B, K, G set ups. This set up is aimed specifically at slide inputs. Using Cir, R2, and L2 as a mapping for triple inputs that would normally be hard to time otherwise. This is of course aimed at Ag:B (Sets) and Ag:A (NM).

Pad:

face remains the same.
L2: A+B
L1: B+K

Why? While some of the double presses can be easy it is just a good mapping for numerous strategies. Setsuka can pull A:G:B by hitting SQUARE:X:L1. Much easier. Ivy has 1 button access to B+K and A+K switches. Night mare can A:G:A by hitting SQUARE:R1:R2. As for R1 being another G...why not a B+G or A+G? Well, I find different times to use X and different times to use R1. X is better for blocking, GI'ing. R1 is better for slide inputs and gives you easy access to both A+G and B+G. No need to devote 2 whole buttons to 2 different grabs or have 2 different button setups for each. CF is TRI+L1+L2. Not too hard.

I like this set-up. Do you mind if I use it?
Oh! But how would you be able to do critical finishes?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see what you said about CFs. Nice set up though.

Mine is ez.

Pad:

Face same
R1:B
R2:B+G
L1:A
L2:A+K

Sophie is pretty straight forward and i basically just use face buttons for her but I play with Hilde a bit and i like my charges bound. For CF just pull R2 and L2 at the same time.

These some nice set ups.
My set up sucks man....

What would be a good set up for a Sophitia / Cassandra / Taki / Ivy player like myself?

My pad is specifically modded to play Ivy.

A+BA+K, becomes an easy 2 button press.
2 hotkeys for switching
Holding A on face and tapping L1 makes for very easy B+K WP mode without transitioning to CL.

While this is set for Ivy, I really feel this is the perfect set up. It's extremely versatile and coherent. I'm always opposed to B+G mapping simply because with R1 as G, B+G and A+G are both VERY easy and you'll find yourself switching between the two easier and not forming habits of only using B+G, thus being predictable for breaks. The only reason I see not using this setup is if you need a slide input mapped to the shoulders. Keep in mind too, hitting the double press will assign priority in the order A, B, K when doing a string that requires a single press. So Setsuka's AgB can be done with AgB+K and the K gets ignored, so L1 is a perfect hotkey. We get both B+K AND we can still use it for B in normal inputs.

left bumper A+B
right bumper B+K
left trigger B+G
right trigger A+K

but after seeing ivyfanboys reasoning on the G i just might switch left trigger to G

Xbox 360 BadPad:

Face: Same
LB: A+B
LT: B+G (default)
RB: B+K/A+B+K+G (when I feel lazy)/SWT (default; when I feel lazy or like playing Tower for some reason)
RT: A+K

This particular setup was originally developed for my pocket Hilde, so I could hold RT for A charges and LB for B charges (as long as I do an A attack afterward). I also need a hotkey for Setsuka's A+K. I like this particular setup because hitting both triggers gives you A+B+K+G, so that when you do a Soul Crush you just press down on both triggers and go "ACTIVATE!"

for algol since there is little point in his B+G throw:

R1 = A+B
R2 = A+G
L1 = B+K
L2 = A+K

face buttons same.

pretty much like freakys just swapped round a bit

CF = R1 + L1 + G lol but i never end up CFing anyway so idc.

Face buttons same:
LB:CF(default)
LT:B+G(default)
RB:B+K
RT:A+K

I had LB=A+B for a while, but I kept on missing CFs(too much thinking for me to press both triggers)
this works fine though. B+K for yoshi earslicer, A+K for Tira mood change attempt. Makes it easier on myself.

Xbox 360 BadPad:

LB: A+B
LT: B+G (default)
RB: B+K/A+B+K+G (when I feel lazy)/SWT (default; when I feel lazy or like playing Tower for some reason)
RT: A+K

This particular setup was originally developed for my pocket Hilde, so I could hold RT for A charges and LB for B charges (as long as I do an A attack afterward). I also need a hotkey for Setsuka's A+K. I like this particular setup because hitting both triggers gives you A+B+K+G, so that when you do a Soul Crush you just press down on both triggers and go "ACTIVATE!"

same setup as mine and the left right trigger criticals werk out well

Face buttons same for me

L2: B+G

I don't play any characters that really require or rely on Ak or Ka so this works out for me. I have some big thumbs so I can hit A+B, B+K, and A+G with one press, and IF I'm lucky to get a soul crush, I just hit L2+R2 for my CF

R1: A+K
R2: B+K
L1: A
L2: B

It's pretty retarded since I don't have a button for a b throw. I just switch my thumb to fingers when I throw out a B throw. The L buttons are only for me to break throws. So far, it's a nice set up. I don't think I could ever break throws without that setup.

The face buttons are the same
--
R1 - A+B
L1 - B+K
L2 - A+K
R2 - B+G

For the CF I simply press L2+R2. Its almost exactly like spongebob's but I assign R2 as B+G.

L1:A+B
L2:B+G
R1:A+K
R2:CF

Playing sieg its all you really need and A+G and B+K are both easy to input with just my thumb.

Type A for the faces, turn off all the triggers because sometimes I accidentally hit them since i hold the pad down on my leg (stupid ps3 triggers). I prefer using a stick though.

Back