how do you train to block low on reflex ?

You people are going about it all the wrong way. I'm going to give you the pro tip. Always block low, and then, figure out how to block mids, while blocking low. Bruce Lee taught me this when I ran to him back in Nam.
If Chuck Norris played this game, he would a way to block every move at once........without pressing guard

He dropped his nunchaku. I remember this as if it were yesterday. Actually it was yesterday. I traveld back in time to pay a visit to Bruce and ask him what the original poster asked. I thought it'd be a good use of the time machine to ask a this question. I said, "Dear Bruce, I am from the future... I have come back in time to let you know that real fighting no longer takes place. We are all at peace. The only fighting we do are in video games where martial arts are precisely translated through the inputs of a joystick being controlled by a person. I have come back to ask you how do you block low on reflex."

He seemed not to believe me at first, but I think he started to believe after he noticed the clothes I was wearing and by looking at my golden teeth and face peircings. He responded:

"The highest technique is to have no technique. My technique is a result of your technique; my movement is a result of your movement.
A good man does not oppose force or give way completely. He is pliable as a spring; he is the complement and not the opposition to his opponent’s strength. He has no technique; he makes his opponent's technique his technique. He has no design; he makes opportunity his design.
One should not respond to circumstance with artificial and "wooden" prearrangement. Your action should be like the immediacy of a shadow adapting to its moving object. Your task is simply to complete the other half of the oneness spontaneously.
In combat, spontaneity rules; rote performance of technique perishes."

I am not really sure what it meant, but I thanked him for his time and we both bow to each other. When I tried to sucker punch him, he parried it, then kicked me in the chest. Walking away, coughing up blood, I thought to myself, "He is the real deal, man."

You people are going about it all the wrong way. I'm going to give you the pro tip. Always block low, and then, figure out how to block mids, while blocking low. Bruce Lee taught me this when I ran to him back in Nam.

There are far, far more fast mids than fast lows, and mids are faster than lows, this just makes things harder.

I actually go for 3G, the mid/low GI. It works for me most of the time. GI'ing a simple 2K can really throw your opponent off. However, I'm not saying just 3G instead of block low either. Like what has been said, you can try to look for patterns in attacks, or you can watch the character animation.

As for 3G, if I feel like I don't know what's coming up, I might throw it out there. I use Astaroth, so GI'ing feels quite important, and it's been quite successful, even online.

WOAH, WOAH, WOAH hold on now.....YOU use Astaroth?!

I don't believe it.

Basically, blocking lows is all about getting hit - a lot - before you recognise the animation. That said, there are something you should learn to block faster than others. For example, blocking Cass 3K can be tricky because she delivers it from a standing position. On the other hand, you should be quicker at learning to block Asta 1A because the animation for it is a lot more obvious.

Ok Ok comon guys lets tell em the real reason why we can block lows.. Heres the truth, some of us can read your mind.

Generally the best solution is when in doubt low GI. It will GI both mid and low. otherwise just learn the characters by fighting until you see patterns. If online lows are hitting you...its probably lag. I get hit by the stupidest lows online all day even when im holding 2G before it hits, so don't let that get to you, online blows.

Another option...have moves that jump. CH them to the face over their low.

Anyway...the best way to block is to tap G not hold it.
Actually tapping the guard button is the best way to defend period...it's just hard to learn.

If you0r concentration is good you can block any lows...I once had a session where I was blocking all of Amy's lows...but my eyes hurt afterward.

Anyway...the best way to block is to tap G not hold it.
Actually tapping the guard button is the best way to defend period...it's just hard to learn.

If you0r concentration is good you can block any lows...I once had a session where I was blocking all of Amy's lows...but my eyes hurt afterward.

Damn someone had to talk about Guard cancelling

Any time I see a low, I twitch and attempt to block it. Doesn't even have to be in a game. I was watching UFC one time and I saw someone go for a double leg take down... twitched.

I automatically block low on everything that happens for some reason, just a split second to evade all the fast hits and the rest ill see coming, so im pretty solid against lows the only stupid thing on my end is that online i often dont bother with lows at all anymore cause no matter how fast you are if you play anything from 4 and below on the bar the low block wont register in time anyway so why should i press it then heh. When i play offline or good connections i always have to get used to blocking low again but that usually takes 5 matches or so.

I think some things come natural and to those that dont have it that way, play alot, get used to stuff etc. That should be simple logic anyway.

alot of incredibly fast lows look like they're being blocked on reaction, but really.. it's gotta be about 75% anticipation... even offline.

I agree with him its mainly about anticipation. also if u think low block low dont 2nd guess urself

Back