I hate Talim's AAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxel

Administrator
Does anyone else think this move is retarded now? First of all, her neutral :A: is slow as hell, but thats not really why I hate :A::A::B:... I also don't hate :A::A::B: because you can't hit confirm it, meaning everytime you do it, its all or nothing... Its "I hope the opponent eats this counterhit, cause then I'm golden"... or "If the opponent eats this normal hit, or blocks it, I'm getting punished hard".

I hate :A::A::B: because it may as well be a just frame. If I do :A::A::B: in the normal speed you would do any combo, the :B: wont come out. It seems that with Talim's :A::A::B:, the :B: has to be inputted before the first :A: even makes contact with the opponent. In SC2, not only was the input for :A::A::B: easier, it was also hit confirmable. You could do :A::A:, and leave it at that on block or hit. Or, if you do :A::A: and see that it hit counterhit, you could then hit confirm into an :A::A::B:.

Now... so often I KNOW that I have advantage over my opponent. And I KNOW they will try to beat my attack out... therefore, I KNOW that I will get :A::A: on counterhit, thus giving me the free :A::A::B:. Yet so often, in such a case, when I try to do :A::A::B:, the :A::A: gets counterhit, Talim DOESNT do the :B:, and then I get rung out or launched or something because I end up doing neutral :B: in confusion. Don't forget, that I am also a stick player... It shouldn't be hard to do a simple :A::A::B:, especially on a stick.

Is anyone else having as much trouble as I am having with :A::A::B:? Seriously! I want somebody to name any other move, with any other character, where the THIRD input in a string has to be inputted before the FIRST input of the string even reaches impact frames. I could understand the THIRD input requiring input before the SECOND input, as thats how the majority of the inputs in EVERY fighting game work. Moves that cant be hit confirmed require input before the previous input makes contact, but I cant think of any other move that requires input before a previous input two inputs before.

This is one of the moves i gave up on even attempting to do, it just seemed pure luck when i did it all 2 times. Also Setsukas AAA is about as hard as this move is to do.

• Admin
Setsuka's :A::A::A: isn't the same... its nowhere near as hard. Not to mention, since its all from a single button (unlike :A::A::B: which is working off two buttons), you could easily just mash it out without any issue and pretty much get it 100%.

Isn't Set's AAA a just input though? And if you could just mash it, then it wouldn't be in Set's moveset.

• Admin
Sorry... thought you were talking about a different move... I dont really know anything about Setsuka... Anyway, I just looked it up and Setsuka doesn't have an :A::A::A:

The move you are probably thinking of is :1::A:::A:::A: which really doesnt have anything to do with the way Talim's :A::A::B: is done. Setsuka's :1::A:::A:::A: is a justframe... You do :1::A:, then on the impact frame of the FIRST input, you input the SECOND input :A:, then on the impact frame of the SECOND input, you input the THIRD input :A:... This move would only apply to the discussion if the THIRD input :A: required input on the impact frame of the FIRST input.

Eitherway... :1::A:::A:::A: is a declared justframe, its supposed to be hard. Talim's :A::A::B: is not supposed to be a justframe.

Yeah sorry i meant [noparse]1A:A:A[/noparse], i don't know anything about Setsuka either. I'm mostly pulling all of the stuff i know about SCIV out of my head because I'm not playing right now.

Hasn't it been like this since SC3?

They probably made it like this since they want you to commit to it if you do it. In that sense, it's really not that much different than Xiangs. Granted, X still has the option of an auto-gi after, but Talim also has AA6BA.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's finding this NON-JUST FRAME harder to do than real just frames... I do Talim's just frames no problem..

lol i dont even remember that it was hit confirmable... may be that's why i used it so much...

I only use AAB when it is guaranteed. To get it out 100%, I rapidly mash AAAA (i.e. after WC B:B) until I see her start the animation for the string, then I hit B and it always comes out. I do miss the old one though.

I could be wrong (just picked up Talim) but I think you have until after the first A but before the second hits to choose to use B. I tried it in practice but I could be wrong.

I feel your pain. Like when I expect to hit it to end a juggle and AA is all that comes out. Does get annoying and yes it was WAY better in 2.

Oh good, so I'm not the only who hates :A::A::B: after all. :P

I rarely use it anymore as well, especially with online matches... with lag.

I don't know why, but even her far more complicated moves are sometimes easier to pull off than this simple one...

Yeah same here. Never had any problems with the move whenever I've decided to use it. I don't think it's that great outside of juggles, but I never saw what was so hard about it. Maybe it was worse pre patch or something...

I'd say this move is similar to Kilik's aBB. It's a simple input, but the timing has to be spot on to get the last B to come out.
It's pretty much a JF attack, yet there's no white flash.

Yeah same here. Never had any problems with the move whenever I've decided to use it. I don't think it's that great outside of juggles, but I never saw what was so hard about it. Maybe it was worse pre patch or something...
Granted, I myself don't really use this move all that much by itself.

If you can anticipate a CH you might as well do it. You get a knockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back