I like this Game, But...

In a game where you can chose characters with all kind of weapons you bitch about some kid with Tonfa blades and some whiny Cassandra?Well there are other kind of people like me who like the new generation like Z.W.E.I and Viola , get real the others wont come back!

In a game where you can chose characters with all kind of weapons you bitch about some kid with Tonfa blades and some whiny Cassandra?Well there are other kind of people like me who like the new generation
... aaaaand there are other kind of people like me who don't. How long have you been playing this series? SC5? Post-year after SC4 released? I think I've expressed some valid reasons.

Oh so that's why Misturugi, Siegfried, Raphael, Ivy and Maxi are still in. >_> Yes that was sarcasm. Your logic of "Age Rule" is complete BS.

Since when did I say it was logic? This is all an honest opinion.

But even Project Soul said it themselves that Taki was at that age where she was no longer a ninja. Going by Naruto terms, Taki is either a "Chuunin", a "Jounin", or a "Sannin". Possibly a "Jounin".

... aaaaand there are other kind of people like me who don't. How long have you been playing this series? SC5? Post-year after SC4 released? I think I've expressed some valid reasons.

But let's be real here. What else would there be for them to do, story-wise, if Project Soul ever were to release SCV based on the previous timeline. It was obvious on SCVI that they weren't doing anything else so they added some random boss character and gave him a backstory. Not to mention many of the characters were doing the exact same tasks they were doing in for nearly 2-3 games (Seong Mina, Setsuka, Mitsurugi, Yun-Seong, Taki) At least Zasalamel's motives changed from 3 to 4.

At least with the new characters, it's like a blank canvas where you can develop them once the series progresses. That's if PS ever makes future installments.

SBut let's be real here. What else would there be for them to do, story-wise, if Project Soul ever were to release SCV based on the previous timeline. It was obvious on SCVI that they weren't doing anything else so they added some random boss character and gave him a backstory. Not to mention many of the characters were doing the exact same tasks they were doing in for nearly 2-3 games (Seong Mina, Setsuka, Mitsurugi, Yun-Seong, Taki) At least Zasalamel's motives changed from 3 to 4.

They could still work with the past atmosphere of nightmare actually succeeding.
The next gen would be motivated to leave their homes to fight the darkness that clouds their countries. The sucess of nightmare would be why old characters die, and a goal of the natsu/Leixia and Xiba could be to try and unfreeze Sigfried. Viola would be as I suggested, a religious character would can see into the future and or predicted the darkness, she would tell the characters what to do but on the question of how, they'd have to find their own path.
The story could have still been similar, just with this it would have involved everyone.

But there's so much missing from here. It's like a hollow version of its predecessor. Mixed reviews and sales reports say a lot also. Missing characters (due to crappy age logic), modes, etc. makes me think that the game has issues that have already been addressed *cough patch *cough*. I like this game (sparingly) But, Imma need Project Soul to make a better game...or reboot, whichever comes first.

Since when did I say it was logic? This is all an honest opinion.

But even Project Soul said it themselves that Taki was at that age where she was no longer a ninja. Going by Naruto terms, Taki is either a "Chuunin", a "Jounin", or a "Sannin". Possibly a "Jounin".

But let's be real here. What else would there be for them to do, story-wise, if Project Soul ever were to release SCV based on the previous timeline. It was obvious on SCVI that they weren't doing anything else so they added some random boss character and gave him a backstory. Not to mention many of the characters were doing the exact same tasks they were doing in for nearly 2-3 games (Seong Mina, Setsuka, Mitsurugi, Yun-Seong, Taki) At least Zasalamel's motives changed from 3 to 4.

At least with the new characters, it's like a blank canvas where you can develop them once the series progresses. That's if PS ever makes future installments.

I definitely agree with this.

They could still work with the past atmosphere of nightmare actually succeeding.
The next gen would be motivated to leave their homes to fight the darkness that clouds their countries. The sucess of nightmare would be why old characters die, and a goal of the natsu/Leixia and Xiba could be to try and unfreeze Sigfried. Viola would be as I suggested, a religious character would can see into the future and or predicted the darkness, she would tell the characters what to do but on the question of how, they'd have to find their own path.
The story could have still been similar, just with this it would have involved everyone.
I can admit that your idea is pretty genius. However, that would involve Siegfried taking the Nina/Anna Williams approach and "preserving" the aging process. It's not like they still can't use it though.

Nightmare succeeds while Pyrrha is trying to keep her malfested form from erupting once again with the help of Patroklos (with Setsuka's style). It seems the Asian next generation characters have fulfilled their task at finding Kilik, unfortunately, but this could imply that this will be Maxi's last appearance if he doesn't have anything else to do, or PS will put in some random story for him. Same could be said for Kilik unless he becomes Edgemaster 2.0.

You know what that means? *Looks at Li-Long and Chie*

Z.W.E.I. and Viola are pretty underdeveloped characters, so there is much more for them that PS could improve on during the future.

I actually thought of another idea if the rumors are true about Nightmare, but I don't want to get too much into this thread. Maybe converse on my profile.

I can admit that your idea is pretty genius. However, that would involve Siegfried taking the Nina/Anna Williams approach and "preserving" the aging process. It's not like they still can't use it though.
Well him being infused with Soul calibur at the time pausing his aging while frozen would work unlike him just being young as ever like Maxi who has no powers at all.

Nightmare succeeds while Pyrrha is trying to keep her malfested form from erupting once again with the help of Patroklos (with Setsuka's style). It seems the Asian next generation characters have fulfilled their task at finding Kilik, unfortunately, but this could imply that this will be Maxi's last appearance if he doesn't have anything else to do, or PS will put in some random story for him. Same could be said for Kilik unless he becomes Edgemaster 2.0.
Maxi is useless. He had no reason to have even been in this series for so long.
(SC4)Nightmare could still die from his body shutting down as Tira said in SC4. Then the new nightmare could stay.
The idea with Viola and ZWEI? I made a new thread on it.

(SC4)Nightmare could still die from his body shutting down as Tira said in SC4. Then the new nightmare could stay.
The idea with Viola and ZWEI? I made a new thread on it.[/quote]

Can you send a link about this new thread?

The idea with Viola and ZWEI? I made a new thread on it.

Can you send a link about this new thread?[/quote]
You've been there. Its the Expanding story one.

Well him being infused with Soul calibur at the time pausing his aging while frozen would work unlike him just being young as ever like Maxi who has no powers at all.
That is Soul Calibur's way of preserving age, while Soul Edge shards (Maxi), or blood inside their bodies after the influence of Soul Edge-related activity (Ivy) is Soul Edge's way of preserving their age.

Same could be said for quite a few people in this series.

But What excuse does Maxi have? He hasn't even seen soul edge on screen.
A witchdoctor healed his wounds using Soul Edge shards after Soul Calibur. That's pretty much what happens.

They should have made Cervantes evil..I mean, what the hell else can he do? His entire conception was to be evil... not jolly old captian crunch.

Cervantes is neutral, just so you know, but his whole existence is long overdue anyways, since Nightmare is the "evil" character now.

and Ivy. She's such a librarian now. Especially in SC5... I miss her SC2 attitude where she was neutral but still cruel.. I mean a whip is a weapon for egomaniacs.. I thought Ivy was supposed to be a dominatrix with sass.. not a total exploit of the body... I wish they had explored Ivy's childhood.
Just because she has the body doesn't mean she shouldn't have the brains too.

1St of all i play the game from SB and 2nd , YEAH lets have the Tonfa kid back and put another 5-6 chars with Sword & Board in the game and it will look like a gypsy circus.
If Namco put all the characters that the kids want the game will become a giant grotesque with twisted timeline and no story!

1St of all i play the game from SB and 2nd , YEAH lets have the Tonfa kid back and put another 5-6 chars with Sword & Board in the game and it will look like a gypsy circus.
If Namco put all the characters that the kids want the game will become a giant grotesque with twisted timeline and no story!
There is a significant reason as to why some people, myself included, want Talim in the game.

I hate Story, that bitch gets too personal.

It's a fighting game, when has the story mode ever been good? Dont mention II or anything before that.

I hate Story, that bitch gets too personal.

It's a fighting game, when has the story mode ever been good? Dont mention II or anything before that.

Some story modes have been good (like MK9) but SC5's story made me want to not give a crap about Story in general. Just throw fists, feet, bodies, and weapons. Fight first, ask questions later.

A witchdoctor healed his wounds using Soul Edge shards after Soul Calibur. That's pretty much what happens.
Yet he is unaffected throughout the series and never kills astaroth.

Cervantes is neutral, just so you know, but his whole existence is long overdue anyways, since Nightmare is the "evil" character now.
Not he isnt. He's evil but not a psychopath like nightmare, just a wanderer.

Just because she has the body doesn't mean she shouldn't have the brains too.
I mean in SC5, shes boring and does nothing but sit at home and wait for people to ask her out. In SC3 she was demanding and straightforward with her own strongly held motivation despite it not being interesting.

SC's roster isn't even larger then Tekken's. I dont see your point. I dont want every character back, just the favourites I emphasize and who have specific relevance to the story. Talim is more useful a character then Seung-Mina or Maxi. As I said before Talim could have did so much if the story included her and not ZWEI

I mean in SC5, shes boring and does nothing but sit at home and wait for people to ask her out. In SC3 she was demanding and straightforward with her own strongly held motivation despite it not being interesting.

So, what you're saying is Ivy has lost her edginess with each installment of SC? I noticed that even during the SC5 story line when all she did was provide exposition and nothing more. I thought Ivy was an important staple of the series but guess not.

Back