I like this Game, But...

Natsu is Taki. Create a soul if you want the model to go with the move list. Easily done.
The Pyrrhas are different blends of Sophitia and Cassandra.
Talim...dunno.

I turned my head with confusion when I saw that Zasalamel was absent. For a dude that is immortal, there is no logical explanation as to why he was taken out of this game story-wise. Same with Talim and the others you mentioned (albeit, they aren't immortal).

We can only hope for DLC. Zas, Talim, and maybe even Yun-Seong/Hwang or Seong-Mina might see the light of day through this.

I'm kind of puzzled why you listed characters for whom there are clearly espies/analogues in this game.

Talim, Zasalamel, Yun-Seong/Hwang, Seong-Mina, Rock/Bangoo are all characters that are just gone with no real equivalents in this game...

I'm kind of puzzled why you listed characters for whom there are clearly espies/analogues in this game.

Talim, Zasalamel, Yun-Seong/Hwang, Seong-Mina, Rock/Bangoo are all characters that are just gone with no real equivalents in this game...
Zasalamel was born from an ancient tribe that was tasked with purifying or guarding Soul Calibur and he probably knows more about the spirit swords than anyone else. He even wrote some kind of book about it (the book he stole back from Ivy in SCIII) (>O.o)
Talim and Kilik are the only two who has the ability to purify the tainted energy of Soul Edge. Ik Kilik made it back but we can never have too many purifies since half the cast is infected. (Looks at Ivy, Cervy Beards, Raphael, Omega Pyrrha, Maxi, Tira...the rest of the malfested minions under Nighty's control...) (*_*<)
Edit:So yea, there are alot of mysteries why they aren't back. And I do miss Rock's style for some weird reason. And Yun/Hwang... T-T

Because Namco wanted to release this game earlier than Project Soul was ready for. I'm calling it that we're going to get an expanded version of SC5 in a year or so with the rest of chars/styles.
The Pyrrhas are different blends of Sophitia and Cassandra.
I don't know about that. Pyrrha Omega is nothing but Sophitia. Pyrrha is mostly Sophitia with an alleged hint of Cassandra. (as a long-time Cassandra player [as in since SC2], I'm just really not seeing Cass in Pyrrha.)

Wow that's crazy. And here I thought most SC fans that people don't actually care about character development at all like the Tekken fans do.
Well, I personally find it silly, but I know of people that won't use Natsu or Pyrrha simply because they're not like their ancestors...

Serious players don't care about that much though. I personally find Pyrrha adorable, but in a different way than Cassandra.

Face it... most people don't really miss the character, they miss the playstyle and that's it!
Nope. I miss Zas and Talim because they had a real impact on the actual story and could have potentially made SCV's story something to think about, + they're people of color no less. Instead they were replaced with terrible equivalents or nothing at all. Even so, those characters had no reason to be kicked off, Talim was young, Zas lives for ever. Zwei is crap. Zas actually had a deep story in SC3 compared to "omg, i aem teh justissss!"

Natsu Xiba and Leixia are the next generation, thats clear and accepted. Seung mina was useless, thats accepted.
Yun-Seung had potiential as well. He could have teamed up with the kids over Maxi who literally has no life to live.

Nope. I miss Zas and Talim because they had a real impact on the actual story and could have potentially made SCV's story something to think about, + they're people of color no less. Instead they were replaced with terrible equivalents or nothing at all. Even so, those characters had no reason to be kicked off, Talim was young, Zas lives for ever. Zwei is crap. Zas actually had a deep story in SC3 compared to "omg, i aem teh justissss!"

Natsu Xiba and Leixia are the next generation, thats clear and accepted. Seung mina was useless, thats accepted.
Yun-Seung had potiential as well. He could have teamed up with the kids over Maxi who literally has no life to live.
Eh, I still think Patroklos and Pyrrha would have been in this game eventually, especially since their mother is a central character to the game's story, and they fill the spot for two of the true "next generation" characters, alongside Bangoo, and technically Ivy (lol). Leixia and Xiba I give the benefit of the doubt because of that. Natsu wasn't pleasing at first, but I've began to like how much she is skillfully compared to the younger Taki. Plus her personality makes her an individual instead of a clear "2.0" like Leixia.

Z.W.E.I. is good as well, and has potential to develop, since he is a newly introduced character with a new weapon o the series. It's just his background is way too anonymous, and PS still hasn't uncovered it. Viola is the same. I think eventually we will get to it though if they ever make anymore installments.

I do agree with Seong Mina. Her whole portrayal in the later series was all about finding Yun-Seong as if she didn't have a mind or purpose of her own. Not to mention the whole "Kilik vs. Seong Mina" comparison that is too commonly addressed from the more casual players outside from here. At least with Yun-Seong, the historical Korea vs. Japan had some influence to it, so he had a reason of wanting to pursue Soul Edge. The same was said about Hwang when he debuted.

Why did Nemco cut Talim, Taki, Sophitia & Cassandra...

I played it with my godson a couple weeks ago..I only played Tira
Talim=A whole new character as she would develop differently from her last appearance.
Taki=Age rule
Sophitia=Deceased, and to leave room for Pyrrha and Patroklos, which is acceptable, personally.
Cassandra=Age Rule

In the more "silly terms":
Taki=sagging D, or E cupped breasts in a tight ninja suit, fighting as quick as a cheetah.
Cassandra=Same situation but in a top and a leotard, throwing her butt constantly at people.

Eh, I still think Patroklos and Pyrrha would have been in this game eventually, especially since their mother is a central character to the game's story, and they fill the spot for two of the true "next generation" characters, alongside Bangoo, and technically Ivy (lol). Leixia and Xiba I give the benefit of the doubt because of that. Natsu wasn't pleasing at first, but I've began to like how much she is skillfully compared to the younger Taki. Plus her personality makes her an individual instead of a clear "2.0" like Leixia.
They all are acceptable by my standards, just not presented well. Lexia is slightly more interesting to listen to then Xiba. Natsu IMO is a bit too cocky.

Hi, my name is Gameplay but people don't like me like they do Story. That bitch has everything.

Hi, my name is Gameplay but people don't like me like they do Story. That bitch has everything.
Hi, I'm Story, Gameplay is jealous that people actually want to engage themselves in why they use the characters they do. Gameplay has all the tournament peps following behind and still wants all the attention despite it not needing as much help as I do. Gameplay seems to think that tournaments run for ever. Gameplay doesn't want to realise the fact that there is only so much you can do with it. I however am already pretty darn screwed up especially in an age where fighting games are actually trying to have a coherent reason be fighting in the first place so long as capcom isn't writing them.

Back