I want to play a good Cervantes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This GUY is asking for people to SPAR with online, he didnt ask for a lecture on offline play. Dont you guys get bored of spamming peoples threads with garbage he isnt even interested in?

I think from the way it reads.. 'he is looking for a decent online Cervy to spar against'... AM I RIGHT? - Im not wrong.

So what the frizzle has offline community got to do with it?!

Do me a favour and DO ONE.

GL finding some good players online TearsOfLove forget the negative outlandish comments. :)

,What they're saying is this, You cant reaally play a good cervy onlin. Because no matter what, your going to get 4 frames of lag or worse. A "good" Cervantes practically becomes impossible to play online in this instance....

People who play online know this already (been told a thousand times). Your arguement is flawed and the question poster obviously cares not about this.

What you are saying is, all Cerv players online are at the EXACT same standard and there is not one better than the other?

C'mon man, the guy simply wants to play some experienced Cervy players online... People are making this topic way more complicated that what it should be.

Forget the lag issues, he aint bothered about them. Kapiche?

For some of us Online is our only method, dont pull him down and make wisecrack comments about lag as its deemed void in this particular thread.

Rant over. Ahhhhhhh.

People who play online know this already (been told a thousand times). Your arguement is flawed and the question poster obviously cares not about this.

What you are saying is, all Cerv players online are at the EXACT same standard and there is not one better than the other?

C'mon man, the guy simply wants to play some experienced Cervy players online... People are making this topic way more complicated that what it should be.

Forget the lag issues, he aint bothered about them. Kapiche?

For some of us Online is our only method, dont pull him down and make wisecrack comments about lag as its deemed void in this particular thread.

Rant over. Ahhhhhhh.
Question, what to him is considered a good Cervy player? Is he simply referring to any Cervy players who would do anything online to win like spamming and stuff? Is it someone who uses impressive flashy moves? Is it someone who uses lag tactics? Someone who's gentlemen enough to let you get up? Is it someone who plays Cervy online with an offline mindset? What is it?

-If he doesn't mind spammers then just search those highly ranked Cervy players.

-I've already suggested Iki_13; however, he's on PSN. Even though he spends online he does check out stuff from 8wayrun and learned a few tricks which I find quite impressive. He can iGDR, he can command throw and he can do FC A+B BBB into Guard Crush. I find him tough to beat not because he can do those but because he's already adapted well online than I have. We fought against each other with a 4 bar connection and he lives in France in a place miles away from our well-known French competititors.

-He may wanna try, Palmensammler. Not sure how good he is but he saw one of my Cervy performances on Youtube, commented that I've done poorly and wants to challenge me online to show how a real Cervy player plays Cervy. Thing is I'm not sure if he plays Xbox Live or PSN but why don't you check this guy out.

this thread is discusting idk what else to say besides that not a single person has simply said i think im good ill play you, this is discusting

For some of us Online is our only method

This always strikes me as a smack in the face not only to people who put in the extra effort to play offline, but also to the people dedicated enough to have built these offline communities that we enjoy today. If you were to say "I don't want to put in the effort to play offline" I'd be fine with it, but to say you have no choice just bugs the shit out of me.

^ come to Sheffield, England then KOWTOW. Come see what the 'HUMONGOUS' offline community is like over here - that bugs the shit outta me. What also bugs the shit outta me, is people have other hobbies in their life and it becomes a fine balance of work,rest,play to enjoy everything, not all of us can travel to play tournis. Touche.

Exactly Babalook, he might be really good online, surely somebody plays Cervy on here and would give him a good game at least... but maybe not because obviously people turn their noses up at online SC4. Pity.

^ come to Sheffield, England then KOWTOW. Come see what the 'HUMONGOUS' offline community is like over here - that bugs the shit outta me. What also bugs the shit outta me, is people have other hobbies in their life and it becomes a fine balance of work,rest,play to enjoy everything, not all of us can travel to play tournis. Touche.
Well if ppl who have other things to do with their lives and cannot afford to travel, claiming that they are good themselves is just words w/o anything to back up.

the whole uk is smaller than a lot of states

there is not a big sceen for gameing in my area and i have tried to arange stuff there is no interest in it, i tried to set up a local tornie and there was no interest at all

^ come online, match me and then say that.

EDIT: you probably dont play online cause it fcuks up your timing eh? Pity.
Well what does beating me online prove? That you're a better online player than me no more no less at least to me that is. For the record I do play online, only on a casual basis.

First off don't get the idea that a good online player equals a good offline player, they have to prove it by traveling to offline tournies with well-known good players. I've seen ridiculous comments on Youtube from random ppl commenting about how they beat this guy online, yet they never showed up for an offline match. Even in my offline matches one guy commented that I've done poorly and wants to challenge me online.

For a person who claims to be good w/o any traveling exp and/or w/o attending local tournaments against well-known good players how do you expect ppl to believe that you're good?

So here's to sum it up:
Good online players = Good online players, Good offline players = Good players = Good offline + Good online players

Yes it proves precisely that, im a better online than you are, take it how you want but that is the truth. We are not talking about offline remember?
I dont need travel experience i play ONLINE, hence me saying forget about that side of the game.

Oh and BTW your theory works vice versa if you want to be petty... ;)

Twiggy im gonna play you, maybe at the weekend. Im from Germany so maybe we get a 4, lol.

But i warn you i didnt play online for months now, i dont even have Gold at the moment. But i think im gonna get 3 months at the weekend, or just send me a 48 h code if you have one left, so i dont have to buy gold extra :)

Add me on Live. But if the connection is too bad, im not gonna waste my time too long, if its decent, we can play.

kind regards, doc.

Whats with this bad online good offline nonsense!!!!

if youre good with Cervantes youre Good with Cervantes!
A true Cervantes player knows which moves to use in close quarters and from a distance even if its just a small lag.(those who trully are Cervy players would know that)

If you have a good read on your apponent you shouldnt have a problem.
I'm up for a good match!

^ ^^ Finally... some people with Clarity....

I hope you guys have good games :)

dude why you gotta flame practically everyone? Its just freindly oppionion. Get out the light and enjoy the day man.

Anyways I would play online but lack of system, etc prevents me.

is it really that hard to see that if someone is extremely good online then chances are they are prolly extremely good offine as well? i think what happens is ppl get their asses handed to them online and then knowing they will prolly never have the chance to play the person offline, use the crutch of "if we was to play offline i'd beat your ass". this isn't the case with everyone but it's becoming very rampant around here. i for one am decent online and off. nothing special jus a solid player. i've played tears of love online numerous times and get murdered most everytime and it's not hard to see that if dude is hitting iGDR consistently online kicking my ass prolly wouldnt be much difference offline. have a good day gentlemen.

Its not friendly opinion its schlagging off onlineplay EGG. People need to be less blinkered and stop bringing issues into threads that dont matter. BOY BETTA KNOW.. YOGAAA FLAME! :D

Excuse me if i seem aggressive, but im getting a little tired of this OFFLINE bumming people give out. The Poster wanted ONLINE matches, we are a community built around the game as a whole, not built around one aspect of it that some of you guys feel is the only way to play the game.

Thanks,
BC

PS: Im working and well within my right to have some rant - how is the weather btw EGG you online on your handheld?
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back