If Soul Calibur 6 would have 32 Characters roster, what would be your pick?

What do you think about this roster

• Perfect

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Pretty much

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • not bad

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters
25. Classic Cassandra (DLC: 1st season pass)
26. New Cassandra (returning from Astral Chaos and trained by Edgemaster, now using two swords - one is her old sword, second is made out of that stone-like substance from Astral, armor consists partially of her old, partially of new crafted from the same material as the second sword. Another changes: ovewgrown bangs partially covering eyes, nearly knee length braid, she is slightly taller, her attitude is changed from girlish-cocky to rough-cocky (but with some throwbacks to old times))

Good ideas there. I don't think Pat will return in the next episode considering the low vote rate during the survey , so Cassy may have some of Pat's moves but with a more "girly" approach, maybe.

Good ideas there. I don't think Pat will return in the next episode considering the low vote rate during the survey , so Cassy may have some of Pat's moves but with a more "girly" approach, maybe.
I don't thing we should throw Pat out of the roster, but I actually thought of the new Cassandra as the SCVI main protagonist. And she is now, in the image I have of her, more on the taunting side than girlish, even through she still shows such traits from time to time. And the thing with her returning from astral chaos to the past could actually retcon SCV events, so SCVI would be somewhere like 2-5 years after SCIV and this will allow all classic characters to return along with new ones.

I don't thing we should throw Pat out of the roster, but I actually thought of the new Cassandra as the SCVI main protagonist. And she is now, in the image I have of her, more on the taunting side than girlish, even through she still shows such traits from time to time. And the thing with her returning from astral chaos to the past could actually retcon SCV events, so SCVI would be somewhere like 2-5 years after SCIV and this will allow all classic characters to return along with new ones.
Pat must stay. He still has plenty of potential.

Here's what I would go with:

1- Nightmare
2- Ivy
3- Mitsurugi
4- Maxi
5- Natsu
6- Zasalamel
7- Yoshimitsu
8- Tira
9- Talim
10- Hwang
11- Viola
12- Astaroth
13- Siegfried
14- Voldo
15- Sophitia
16- Kilik
17- Xianghua
18- Raphael
19- Charade
20- Taki
21- New Character (large mace)
22- New Character (mambele curved daggers)
23- New Character (chained kunai)
24- Ryu from Ninja Gaiden (Guest Character)

25- Setsuka
26- Hilde
27- Aeon
28- Zwei
29- Cervantes
30- Li Long
31- Amy
32- New Character

I made a few changes to OP's list. Having staple characters like Siegfried and Taki as DLC seems strange so I swapped them with Hilde and one of the new characters. Patroklos is awful so I ditched him for Hwang who is way better and deserves a comeback. Switched out Cassandra for Li Long and Amy as DLC instead of Raphael. He just seems like more of a main roster character to me than Amy does I guess. The weapons I picked for the new characters are just weapons I think would be cool. Here's what they look like:

Giant mace

GRM15STS.jpg

Mambele knife

0560.jpg

Kunai

Kunai05.jpg

Here's my character list
1. Mitsurugi
2. Setsuka
3. Kilik
4. Xianghua
5. Maxi
6. Taki
7. Siegfried
8. Hilde
9. Yun-Seong
10. Seong Mi-Na
11. Rock
12. Sophitia
13. Cassandra
14. Aeon Calcos
15. Raphael
16. Ivy
17. Cervantes
18. Talim
19. Li Long (with a new weapon )
20. Hwang (with two scimitars)
21. Nightmare
22. Astaroth
23. Yoshimitsu
24. Voldo
25. Zasalamel
26. Tira
27. EdgeMaster
28. Aztec warrior character
29. Viking warrior character
30. African warrior
31. Siamese warrior
32. Guest character: William from Nioh (PS4) or Link (Nintendo)

Post launch characters:
Necrid
Charade
Mongol warrior
Amazon warrior chieftain
Russian noble
Arabian assassin
Maori warrior
Egyptian princess
Oni character

Last edited:
My personal dream roster looks like:

01. Mitsurugi (switch to nodachi, slow him down a *tiny* bit, and give him his stances back)
02. Yoshimitsu
03. Taki (incorporate Narutsu's shenanigans)
04. Setsuka (switch her weapon to a bladed fan and umbrella)
05. Kilik (add more Shaolin techniques to his arsenal)
06. Xianghua
07. Maxi
08. Seong Mi Na (reworked to be a power footsie character and incorporate Yun's kicks and Hwang's slashes....3A)
09. Talim (older, bigger and reanimated to incorporate Muay Thai into her style giving her a sort of Makoto-small woman-heavy hitter feel to her style)
10. Siegfried
11. Nightmare (make him faster and bring the Soul Charge mechanic back for him and eliminate any shared moves with Siegfried)
12. Hilde
13. Voldo
14. Ivy
15. Cervantes
16. Sophitia
17. Tira
18. Rock (reworked into a mobile grappler, incorporate Viking and/or Celtic themes into his costumes, and add a strap to his mace so he can spin it)
19. Aeon (more firebreathing moves)
20. Raphael (bring back and improve upon prep shenanigans)
21. Dampierre (inherits much of Ezio's move list like how Aeon got a lot of Kratos' stuff)
22. Astaroth (incorporate a granite-like appearance into his traditional look)
23. Zasalamel (bring in Abyss' projectile and Algol's teleport)

24. Alexandra male with hybrid of Patroklos' and Cassandra's move lists, a spear and shield, and a Hussar costume for shits and giggles
25. Indian character with a reworked Viola move list to be less OP
26. Indian character that replaces Edge Master
27. Arabic character with a scimitar and a reworked ZWEI move list that incorporates the stand into more moves
28. North African character with dual sticks and a capoeira based move set
29. Chinese character, using an oversized gourd and a drunken boxing mechanic (similar to Chang's ball and chain in KOF mixed with Shun Di)
30. Mongolian character, switches between sabre and bow and arrow stances (some slight Link similarities)
31. Maori character that uses a giant mere and fights with an aggressive sumo like style that focuses on pushbacks and armored attacks
32. Mishima ancestor that incorporates moves from Heihachi, Kazuya, Devil Jin, Jin, and Kazumi's tiger
33. Russian godlike boss character that introduces some kind of wild gameplay mechanic

-More brown folks and characters from unrepresented, major countries
-Introduce a few distinct but missing styles (capoeria, drunken, muay thai)
-Recycle assets where possible
-Very little overlap in character and weapon types

Last edited:
Here's mine:
1. Astaroth
2. Cassandra
3. Cervantes
4. Ivy
5. Kilik
6. Lizardman
7. Maxi
8. Mitsurugi
9. Nightmare
10. Raphael
11. Amy / Viola
12. Rock
13. Seong Mi-na
14. Siegfried
15. Sophitia
16. Taki
17. Talim
18. Voldo
19. Xianghua
20. Yoshimitsu
21. Yun-seong
22. Setsuka
23. Tira
24. Zasalamel
25. Hwang
26. Hilde
27. Algol
28. Edge Master
29. A new Aztec warrior who uses a macuahuitl (wooden club with obsidian blades)
30. Incan warrior with a star-headed spear (Kilik's rival)
31. Monk who uses twin Chinese hook swords
32. Guest character: Camilla from fire emblem

I think it would be:
1. Nightmare
2. Siegfried
3. Hilde
4. Ivy
5. Cervantes
6. Raphael
7. Viola
8. Zwei
9. Lexia
10. Nastu
11. Kilik
12. Maxi
13. Astaroth
14. Voldo
15. Yoshimistu
16. Aeon
17. Tira
18. Pyrrha (uses a more Cassandra like style)
19. Patroklos (uses his original style)
20. Sophitia
21. Setsuka
22. Mitsurugi
23. Edge Master
24. Algol
25. Talim
26. New Character ( Kilik's Rival)
27. New Character ( The apprentice of the rival)
28. New Character (Ally of Tira)
29. Guest Character (Fire Emblem Character)

DLC:
30. Zasalamel
31. Dampierre
32. Link (Exclusive to Nintendo Switch store)

1. Aeon
2. Lizardman
3. Lizardman henchman
4. Zasalami
5. Patrickle less
6. Setsuky
7. Hildy
8. Nightmare Lizardman
9. Click (with Adam Sandler)
10. Rugiyoshi
11. Arthur
12. Buster
13. Francine
14. Link (Lizardman in a green hat)
15. Waldo (BDSM guy)
16. Ivanka Trump
17. that tekkin guy ryu kazuma
18. Vampierre
23. Sonic
19. Edgelord
20. Orly Owl
21. Naruto lady
22. Soul Edge II
24. & Knuckles
25. Mr. Miyagi
26. Pyrranha
27. Al Gore
28. Mitsumitsu
29. Maximum!
30. Liztaroth
31. Raphael (painter)
32. Raphael (Ninja turtle. DLC.)

I am just going to say one thing with regard to mimics, let there be only one, and let it be Charade again. I liked it when it was a silent golem thing. Plus it could display its hitbox properly when assuming either small or large characters, unlike a bearded man.

Mine will be.
1 - Sophitia
2 - Mitsurugi
3 - Kilik
4 - Rock
5 - Hwang
6 - Seong Mina
7 - Voldo
8 - Astaroth
9 - Amy
10 - Ivy
11 - Taki
12 - Hilde
13 - Cervantes
14 - Li Long
15 - Xianghua
16 - Raphael
17 - Tira
18 - Talim
19 - Zasalamel
20 - Cassandra
21 - Dampierre
22 - Arthur
23 - Xiba
24 - Girardot
25 - Setsuka
26 - Viola
27 - Chester
28 - ZWEI
29 - Strife
30 - New char
31 - New Char
32 - New char
With Night Terror as the final boss, thus there's no need for a Nightmare... Olcadan as the mimic, and the inevitable DLC crap to be resolved by them between the last 7 characters of the 32...

This will probably take me ages but I can't resist things like this.

I'm going to go from what we already know about the game, plus who I think probably will/should be in the game (based on the original SC cast and characters from future games that would make sense) and some personal choices mixed in.

1: Sophitia
2: Mitsurugi/Arthur (could occupy the same slot and be switchable with a button. Either they could each have their own style or Arthur could be a remodel and revoice of Mitsu)
3: Edgelord
4: Edgelord Papi
5: Kilik
6: Maxi
7: Xianghua
8: Cervantes
9: Ivy
10: Hwang/Yun Seong (for accuracy to the original and the fact I never got to play it, I'd rather have Hwang, but I also think they could just share a slot similar to my Mitsu/Arthur idea)
11: Rock
12: Taki
13: Siegfried/Nightmare (again to reflect how the old games were, they could share a slot but this time have two separate fighting styles).
14: Astaroth
15: Taki
16: Seong Mina
17: Voldo
18: Raphael
19: Yoshimitsu
20: Lizardman/Aeon (I think it'd be cool to have human Aeon as an alternate costume or perhaps a second character sharing the slot. I do NOT think they should replace reptile Lizardman with that though because that would be boring)
21: Zasalamel/Abyss (everyone seems to want it, his style is one of the most unique, and he's old enough to fit, probably, Abyss could be an alternate costume or a separate character sharing the slot)
22: Tira (as Soul Edge's servant, she seems too important to the plot now to keep out).
23: Edge Master/Olcadan/Charade (there should only be one mimic but I wouldn't mind if they had more than one sharing a slot because Olcadan was so funny and Charade looked awesome. Any one of these would be fine though)
24: Guest (my personal choice would be Senua from Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice)

For DLC:
25: Amy (much as I wish she was in the base game, that won't happen... this is best I can hope for)
26: Talim (honestly I would have put her in the above list if I had room)
27: Hilde (I personally don't like her but lots of people do and her style is popular and unique so it makes sense)
28: Cassandra (not quite important enough to replace any of the base characters, but would probably be a welcome addition).
29: Setsuka (again, I don't personally like her but many others do so it makes sense and adds another unique style to the game)
30: Viola (timeline wise I don't like this choice, but for the sake of another unique style to add to the game, it makes sense, alternatively, she and Amy could share a slot but should still retain their own style)
31: Z.W.E.I (same as above pretty much)
32: Algol (I was running out of characters at this point but given Algol's age, it'd be interesting to see how he looked/fought BEFORE he possessed the swords.

Hope nobody minds the shared slots idea. Ideally I'd like everyone in the game to have their own slots but with some character it'd be harder to justify I guess.

Alternatively, they could bring back the 'Bonus Characters' thing that SCIII and SCIV had and place some of the similar characters like Arthur in there.

I would also love to see Inferno and Elysium return. Now that Soulcalibur actually has a living form like that, it would be epic to have both be in a game together, probably as unlockable bosses. They would either have to have their own style or take up the Male/Female mimic slots (probably removing Edge Master unless they share with him). Also, Elysium would need to be redesigned to not resemble Sophtia (unless they want some comedy interactions...) and have a less human form (but still resemble the heavenly image to opposite Inferno's hellfire image).

Last edited:
Back