If there was a Soul Calibur VI, prequel/sequel/reboot/retcon?

wtf is with you shoving " leixia is viable" in our faces constantly? any character is viable.
Cause I sick and tired of seeing a lot of complainer's threads in the Leixia SA from a bunch of forum scrubs who have no idea what she's really capable of.

i also dont think you actually like setsuka, you're just in love with the umbrella not her.
WHAT, HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT. I ALWAYS LIKED SETSUKA. I love her designs in SCIII & SCIV, I love her style, I loved her umbrella too. That was her identity that made her great as well as being the enbodiedment for CH damage. If Setsuka had no umbrella, she would be mere shell of her former self.

Do you truly think I wish to return? I need to look after the orphans in Turkey. If you are not satisfied of me not returning because of this, feel free to remake me in the future games by CAS. I will not mind, but I should ask you cast aside your hopes of me returning. I've taught my pupil Patroklos all I could, so please accept him despite his behavior. See to it that you look after him and make sure he realizes revenge isn't the answer. If not, I'll leave it up to you to decide what fate you must carve for yourself.

:sc3set1:Setsuka:sc3set1:
P.S. I'm Setsuka no more. Address me as Neve.

I will never accept A. Pat and I'll see that he has the worst whiffing issues and be overnerfed. Patroklos destroyed what I loved about Setsuka's style.

WHAT, HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT. I ALWAYS LIKED SETSUKA. I loved her umbrella too. That was her identity that made her great as well as being the enbodiedment for CH damage. If Setsuka had no umbrella, she would be mere shell of her former self.
im 99.9999999% you're trolling, no on can be this stupid.

and take your leixia stuff to the leixia SA

im 99.9999999% you're trolling, no on can be this stupid.
No he just can't understand Neve(Setsuka) has moved on and decided to look after orphans in Istanbul, Turkey. She has no interest in travelling since all she traveled for in the past was revenge. I think it's fitting as she was a orphan taken up by her master. Now she becomes a teacher to help the orphans in Turkey learn Batto-jutsu. Her master she loved dear would be proud of this.

As a admirer of Neve, I can rest easy that maybe a new lass like her might return in SCVI or I'll just stick to Alpha Pat. So any naysayers who want her back needs to give up. She has to look after the orphans in Turkey.

Thus, shut up and let Frayhua sulk. I know Neve will say this gently to peeps like him.

Do you truly think I wish to return? I need to look after the orphans in Turkey. If you are not satisfied of me not returning because of this, feel free to remake me in the future games by CAS. I will not mind, but I should ask you cast aside your hopes of me returning. I've taught my pupil Patroklos all I could, so please accept him despite his behavior. See to it that you look after him and make sure he realizes revenge isn't the answer. If not, I'll leave it up to you to decide what fate you must carve for yourself.

:sc3set1:Setsuka:sc3set1:
P.S. I'm Setsuka no more. Address me as Neve.

As a admirer of Neve, I can rest easy that maybe a new lass like her might return in SCVI or I'll just stick to Alpha Pat.
As long as they have an umbrella and no ruined moves like 4A and the old 4K. I don't want her style to get worse. I want it to get better.

As long as they have an umbrella and no ruined moves like 4A and the old 4K. I don't want her style to get worse. I want it to get better.
There you go. Remember the past to help the present to get the future. Despite that cliche cheesy saying, shift your attention to improving with Leixia since you did flaunt about how she was viable.

There you go. Remember the past to help the present to get the future. Despite that cliche cheesy saying, shift your attention to improving with Leixia since you did flaunt about how she was viable.

I got a lot of Leixia tech to share.

What I mean is the umbrella is a key part of Setsuka's style besides JFs. Without it, her style is destroyed.
Key to the character's uniqueness within the concept and homage to the inspiration but not to the moveset itself. Although I would have rathered they not made A. Pat with it outside of that uniqueness. The blade inside the umbrella is what made Setsuka so mysterious and crafty, it made sense why she was so fast and agile hiding the blade. I dont think that there was any real sense giving A.Pat the moveset because he isn't Setsuka or a Successuka. (Succesor Pun) It holds back Pat's likability if he's just biting off another style I guess with an even worse given reason given... but, where is that held in priority? Pat was marketed to be the super cool guy everyone is forced to like and people don't seem to care otherwise.

WHAT, HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT. I ALWAYS LIKED SETSUKA. I love her designs in SCIII & SCIV, I love her style, I loved her umbrella too. That was her identity that made her great as well as being the enbodiedment for CH damage. If Setsuka had no umbrella, she would be mere shell of her former self..

If you love her as a person then she would be the same with or without the umbrella. I think the was PS dropped her was a pretty cool way to go. She helps those who are helpless and can't defend themselves and transforms them into people who can take care of themselves. I would prefer to see her this way than, "OMFGSDDLOL IMMA GIT MAI R3V3NG3.".
If you are a true fan of her you will remember the good times and move one ~Her umbrella didn't make her identity. Setsuka is Setsuka regardless if she had the umbrella or not. Would her style be the same, no, but it would be pretty similar. ....

:/

If you love her as a person then you will remember the good times and move one ~Her umbrella didn't make her identity. Setsuka is Setsuka regardless if she had the umbrella or not. She helps those who are helpless and can't defend themselves and transforms them into people who can take care of themselves.
Shes a fictional character by the way. I think you're investing way too much of the wrong emotion into it. I want her back because she is a cool concept. Thats all.

If you love her as a person then she would be the same with or without the umbrella. I think the was PS dropped her was a pretty cool way to go. She helps those who are helpless and can't defend themselves and transforms them into people who can take care of themselves. I would prefer to see her this way than, "OMFGSDDLOL IMMA GIT MAI R3V3NG3.".
If you are a true fan of her you will remember the good times and move one ~Her umbrella didn't make her identity. Setsuka is Setsuka regardless if she had the umbrella or not. Would her style be the same, no, but it would be pretty similar. ....

I agree on the personallity front. I remember when Setsuka use to damage opponents mysteriously with Vermillion Moon, the old 4A that actual stuns on CH leading to a:G:b, SMC, SFC, 2143B:B, 33_99B combos, 22_88A stunning and leading BT B+K:B, when Wavedshing was cool and viable, the original twister, 11_77B launching higher for 2A+B to actually being useful. I know that her umbrella didn't make Setsuka who she is. The purpose of revenge made her who she is, the enbodiment of CH damage. Her style wouldn't be the same, but it's inferior without her umbrella. It added to made Setsuka the best character period.

Shes a fictional character.
Yeah, but she's the best character period

If Setsuka does make a return then I think it may be due to two reasons:
- Orphanage was demolished (due to Nightmare's raid on the village) and some of the orphans we're severely injured or killed.
- Teacher/Pupil reasons involving Alpha Patroklos

Yeah, but she's the best character period
Setsuka was also one of my favorite characters as well, other than Chai Xianghua and Yan Leixia.

I would never use her ever again.
images

Then, how will Daishi know that replacing Setsuka was the worst decision period.
You just have to keep your cool with it. Daishi probably already knows that it probably wasn't the best idea to remove her (along with other chraracters) considering the backlash it caused. So that's why at this point, you have to stay calm and just wait and see what happens.

I mean, back to Yun-Seong, I miss his style a lot and was rather pissed that he wasn't included in the game or not even his style was brought back at all. But I just have to let it go. I just go back to playing the older games to get my Yun-Seong/Hwang fix. And hopefully if there is another game, PS will fix everything.

ANYWAYS, moving on. Does anyone else actually have any new ideas to add to the list? I'm working on ideas so yeah :x

ANYWAYS, moving on. Does anyone else actually have any new ideas to add to the list? I'm working on ideas so yeah :x
Well, Idle *clears throat* excuse me ..Sucking Maw had the other thread involving this where there are some excellent ideas there.

As far as the purpose of this one, I've already said what I had to say, twice. Probably more than that.

Should SCVI be a prequel, sequel, reboot, or retcon? I say sequel. It gives characters time to develop with the storyline, especially the new characters. PS can further develop the gameplay as well.

It has to be a sequel. Retcon/reboot would just piss off the people who adjusted to the timeskip, and a prequel, given the current material from the artbooks, would just seem lackluster unless you retconned events (and I mentioned the retcon issue). Sequel's the only viable option, which will STILL piss people off because it will only cement the losses of their mains to the new additions, but that can be fixed by the addition of a more-encompassing story mode that lets us bond to them more than just Pattycakes and Pyrrhr, and could even provide the saving throw for the Alexanders as characters (IE, Pyrrha nuts up for good, and Patroklos takes his holy warrior gig all the way.).

Back