If they made a "2.0" version of SCVI, what would you want to see?

New stages would bring so much more variety to SC6! Honestly I think having some old stages coming back with their original graphics would be a fun retro kinda thing. But of course graphically improved versions would be appreciated. OH! Maybe even the option to switch the stages between old graphics and current would be so cool!

Very short story slides for finishing arcade mode like the days of old.

I never got to play team battle unfortunately but it sounds awesome and seams like something that wouldn't be difficult to implement.

Perhaps new weapon variants

Edge master, with edge master weapon variants.

More legacy CAS there is still a lot of good stuff from 5 that would make for low effort additions.

I actually don't mind the lack of 2Ps (though I wouldn't say no to them) however I really hope they change the character select screen to include custom variants of the cast characters to appear in their icons like in 4 and 5, Instead of being with original CAS in one big folder.

I actually don't mind the lack of 2Ps (though I wouldn't say no to them) however I really hope they change the character select screen to include custom variants of the cast characters to appear in their icons like in 4 and 5, Instead of being with original CAS in one big folder.
Yeah...I've been dodging saying as much for months here, because I didn't see the point in being negative about something that other people would like to see, but now that you've raised the topic: I just don't get why people care so very much about 2Ps. I mean, of course they don't hurt the overall product, but I just don't see how they are important enough, relative to all the other changes that this game could stand to see (most based on profoundly disappointing offerings for key elements of the basic game), to even bear mentioning. Honestly, with everything else that would benefit the game (or indeed, even if we just consider those things which the game critically needs right now), I would actually be annoyed with PS if they devoted staff to 2Ps at this moment in time.

I mean, it would be a different matter if we were talking about DoA, Tekken, or one SC's other competitors wherein the only costumes you get to enjoy are official ones. But this game gives you every tool you need to make an endless series of 2Ps--and even if you account for the fact that most custom skins of the main cast lack the detail and nuance of an official release, there are, at a minimum, a hundred great designs for every main character out there that are of similar or even superior value to what you would get in an official 2P. And even if one can't find the formulas and doesn't want to browse long enough to find them (the official hosting service is a joke, afterall), you can always make one yourself with a little bit of patience and experimentation with the editor. I just don't see how extra selectable wardrobe defaults get on anyone's top ten list--and, again, I'd think it negligent to add these into the game when the stage selection is still what it is--or the roster and CaS offerings, for that matter.

All that said, in order for the custom builds of rostered characters to become more handy, I agree with what you (and others on these forums before you) emphasize: the SCIV/SCV menu mechanic of binding custom variants of an official character to their pulldown list probably makes a lot more sense than the current approach of just dumping them into one's main custom character library pulldown. It would also de-clutter said list.

Last edited:
Why though? What’s wrong with NM’s voice lines?
I just find it bizarre hearing a completely different character's voice coming from Siegfried and his Nightmare alter-ego.
can you elaborate? are you saying that Siegfried and Nightmare in SC6 have some of their SC5 voice lines in battle? I didn't notice that before
They have some lines from Siegfried in SC4, and even Nightmare from SC5 (For SC6, they took lines from SC5 Nim and gave them to Nightmare but lowered the pitch by like 5. For Siegfried, they took unedited SC5 Nim quotes and increased the pitch) Most of the Dumas/Raphael lines are grunts, but they even have some dialogue from him.
Fall into... the abyss!
Forfeit!
It's not over!
You're nothing!
Give me... your soul!
Drown in... darkness!
What?!
How?!
Damn you!
My blade...
More...
Relinquish!
This is it!
Hand over...
Pity!
What...?
Not enough!

Last edited:
*A simple thing i would really love to see is that when you create a costume for a character you would pick it after picking a character instead of having to go to CaS slot, i don't think it's really that hard to implement such a thing isn't? it was also in SC5 and even SC4 (huh well not sure if it was in SC4 tbh been while last time i play it)

*Also another super important thing that already spoke millions times about is a proper Rank mode for only SC character and being able to play VS only with and VS SC characters in Casual mode.

That being said, if Season 2 will really happens:

• Characters: I'd be happy with any SC character, Setsuka being in the Top, and then Zwei, Li Long too and my boy Yun Seung, but either way i'd be happy with anyone even for characters i don't play (that i may end play if they're dope enough)
  • About Guest character i don't have a particular super wish or dream about this, but i think it would be good for the franchise if they brought someone cool and fitting, and in that case i can't think of a better pick than someone from GOT

• So if Season is about to happen, i guess new moves for characters is to be expected? i don't know if this will be a thing but sure that would be amazing and i will definitely and absolutely be always excited for new moves for Ivy.
  • Alternate outfits would be great for sure. And if they're about to add more default colors i'm asking them to try to keep the white color hair for Ivy.
  • Graphics Upgrade Update (if possible)
  • New Stages: Valentine's Mansion, Jyurakudai Villa (just reveal Setsuka in her stage AAAAHHHH) and Money Pit would easily be in my Top 3 most wanted stages in SC6.

- And some gameplay adjustments, and other kind of adjustment like aesthetics, i recently though about it after watching many top 8 but maybe Soul Charge unleash should have a new camera zoom or something that will make it differ from Critical Edges? Even if i know every animation of every CE and SC but it just trap you most of the time, i don't know like maybe SC should have new kind of zoom and camera play that differ enough from CE zoom and camera so that would make those 2 mechanics even more unique aesthetically wise.

So i think that's it, don't know if i forgot a thing i'm a bit dizzy right now but i think that's it lol

Last edited:
This game is great, but can be way more great, so basically the Vanilla syndrome that many fighting games has/had.

As Play it's: 8;5/10
As Viewer i'd say: 6/10 , still good, but so many things could be better imho

If SC6 will manage with some big update to reach 9/10 on both play and view aspects it could only be so great, and adding content (characters, stages, plus maybe alt costumes and new game modes) would be just the icing in the cake.

1. I would like new characters that represent the other races now in the CaS
1A. A black panther warrior, preferably female. Who is an archer and fights alongside her panther. I want her to be centered on stopping Azwel rather than Nightmare, he could have turned her Panther into a Malfestation like he did to Groh.
2A. Twin Outsiders who are 1 character. If there is never going to be 2P outfits introduced, the character selection colors would represent which of the two twins you would play in the match. Odd colors would be the male twin, even colors would be the female twin. They would share their intros, outros, critical edge and maybe a grab. But you only play with one twin on the screen at a time. Not like an assist character like 18,17 that you can call the other out throughout the match.
3B. An Elf that uses multiple weapons like Link or Ezio. Or will become the game replacement for Geralt by using a weapon and Magics.
2. A overhaul of the Outsiders character models. Mainly removing the human ears from their heads!! Why do they have four ears?? They have the option for body hair/fur. Claw or filed fingers, feet. More ears, more tails, fangs.
3. Team battle mode. I want to be able to have this mode back in the game. So you can have line of 5 characters vs a line of 5 characters or even a handicapped figure.
4. Legendary Souls. Bring back those special models for a bunch of bosses. It could even reference outside the games timeline like putting Raphael in a Nightmare armor. Making Zas just bones inside his costume. Stuff like that and beating them would unlock that Legendary model for gameplay. This could even rotate every month so it’s a limited chance to get it done. And you would have to use your points to fight against them.
5. More stages, interactive stages.
6. Move Exhibition
7. The old CaS music tracks. And the ability to specifically play a song you want to hear on repeat while you create rather than the random feature.
8. Everyone have a Soul Calibur; Hidden/Base/Complete. Soul Edge; Hidden/Base/Complete. Or a Soul Embrace weapon; Base/Complete.
9. New Libra of Soul Missions, or even new Libra of Souls matches appear in the Chronicle mode that you have unlocked because you played through it. Example, All of Zas vs Conduit matches but now you can play them the other way around. Even see some new vs Conduit matches through everyone’s Chronicle.
10. Even though it happened for just a second I would like their to be a ability to fight your Conduit, possessed by Algol, with his voice, eyes replacing yours, and fighting style. This could be in any mode.

Improved SC VI version 2.0 (imho)

Ditch the cheap unreal engine, use a custom game engine to eliminate the eternal loading times, update the previous engines from SC1,2 or 3 Arcade Edition, heck they could even license & mod the DOA engine, or find a way to pre-load content with the current engine.

A real arcade mode with pre-destined battles, & different paths depending on match results as well as a final battle versus Inferno with a nice pre-match intro like SC2 + some hidden bosses + ending cinematics, standard endings + alternate endings based on performance.

Rebalanced gameplay system without in-match cinematic interruptions or any automation, for nostalgia they could leave CE as a finisher move once an opponent has 5% or less hit points, only to be triggered like a brave edge.

Weapons with different attributes like SC2 & SC3, banning any type of automation like auto counter, anti grab, anti ring out, etc.

More weapons like Soul Edge Complete, & more variations like Soulcalibur Zweihander, etc.

Quality of life options:

Option to select rounds per battle in arcade & online modes.

Option to turn on/off command input buffering.

Option to turn on/off overdone depth of field effect.

Option to turn on/off over-saturated graphical FX, like pink lights when attempting a grab, light radiation and explosions blurring the screen.

Option to turn on/off stage flyby intros in ranked mode.

Option to turn on/off replays when an opponent has been defeated by CE to avoid unnecessary cinematic redundancy.

Ability to mix and fit all CaS parts with no restrictions on equipment compatibility.

Float/Clip slider bar to fine tune CaS equipment.

More color options for CaS editor, larger names for CaS.

Ability to mix parts from different races.

Give fully transformed malfested beings real moving eyes, instead of the static cartoony eyes they currently have.

Butt size slider independent of stomach size.

Slider bar to select CaS equipment damage Hi/Low/None.

Ability to record your own voice for CaS characters.

Release all pending CaS parts from previous games which we have already bought.

Option to use CaS Editor in Soul Chronicle for lore characters.

Option to import CaS character to Libra of Soul.

Create a weapon editor (with reasonable limits)

Option to select menu screens & music.

Option to select 2D original art / 2D alternate art from Libra / 3D renders for character selection screen.

Option for character pose in vs screen, pre-battle intimidation pose, taunt pose and victory pose.

Preload matches during versus screen, enable tag matches.

Online special events with hidden characters & movesets, provide some sense of storytelling and progression.

More chapters for Soul Chronicle with real cinematic sequences for story-telling.

More content for Libra of Soul.

Stages fron previous games with decent backgrounds and stage interaction like breakable doors, rocks, etc.

3D character & weapon galleries like SC2.

Enough for now...

Last edited:
I’m just going to comment that moving a game to a completely different engine is not something that’s really done for game updates....

That’s something you would see in a completely new title.

I’m just going to comment that moving a game to a completely different engine is not something that’s really done for game updates....

That’s something you would see in a completely new title.

Certainly not common, but it's been done before, World of Tanks & Friday the 13th come to mind.

You are right in the sense that it would be easier to implement in a new title.

I understand why Namco chose Unreal Engine, being free it minimized development costs and the financial risk associated with SC VI, but it also gave us eternal loading times for battles, text story sequences & multiple-enemy matches.

Certainly not common, but it's been done before, World of Tanks & Friday the 13th come to mind.

You are right in the sense that it would be easier to implement in a new title.

I understand why Namco chose Unreal Engine, being free it minimized development costs and the financial risk associated with SC VI, but it also gave us eternal loading times for battles, text story sequences & multiple-enemy matches.

those are both pretty small titles. SoulCalibur 6 might not be a huge game budget wise but it's not an indie game. An engine change simply isn't going to happen

those are both pretty small titles. SoulCalibur 6 might not be a huge game budget wise but it's not an indie game. An engine change simply isn't going to happen

While not impossible, I will agree with you in it being extremely unlikely to happen, let's just hope Namco can fix loading times with the current engine.

While not impossible, I will agree with you in it being extremely unlikely to happen, let's just hope Namco can fix loading times with the current engine.
And just fix how the game runs on the current engine as a whole.

Mostly quality of life for me.

More customization for cas and visual options.

The ability to toggle what is breakable on armor break, as well as the ability to turn it off by not toggling anything.

Trails that are as vivid as the cast.

More hit effects.

A choice of what we want characters to say on certain actions. Kinda like the battle dialogue options, but with the voices actual lines. Kinda gets to me when one of the voices coyly apologies during CE. Im not sure how easy that is to do though.

Balance changes. Possibly an extra character a La USFIV.

Otherwise, just model improvements. Some things just don't look right, especially cervantes' styx. It looks straight outta sciv.

Back