iFC 8B and iFC 8B BE Guide

Slade

[14] Master
What is iFC 8B?
iFC 8B is a way of buffering FC 8B to be done from a standing position.

Why can we do this?
As of the v1.02 patch, Algol received the following changes: "While crouching :8::B: (Alruccaba Vega): Increased damage (20,30→40,20). Increased chance of clean hit possibility. Reduced hold time when executing from standing."

The last bit is the important part. Essentially, they made it possible to buffer a FC state by holding 2 during a move's recovery (G is not necessary), allowing an 8B input to instantly do FC 8B.

What does this mean for Algol?
Previously, Algol's main combo ender consisted of 66B, for 30 damage. iFC 8B allows us to end our combos with a 40 damage move that has a high clean hit possibility. Some combos where 66B didn't even work are possible with FC 8B, such as 66B BE → iFC 8B. iFC 8B can be used in the following combos:
  • CH 1B → 2A+B → iFC 8B (7 more damage than 66B ender)
  • 22B → 2A+B → iFC 8B (6 more damage than 66B ender)
  • 44B → 66A+B → iFC 8B (10 more damage than 3B ender)
  • 4BA → iFC 8B BE → 44B (6 more damage than 66B BE → 4BA ender, 1 more damage than 66B BE → iFC 8B ender)
  • WR B → iFC 8B (5 more damage than 4BA ender)
  • 4B+K → 2A+B → iFC 8B
There are more possibilities than this, so be sure to experiment.

How to perform iFC 8B:
The difficulty depends on which move it is performed after. After 66A+B, the timing is extremely lenient. After 66B BE, the timing is very strict. To perform iFC 8B, simply hold 2 (down) during the recovery of the previous move. Then, right when the move is about to finish (or does finish in some cases), input 8B or 8bA+B+K.

Video example:

I'm trying to figure out how to do the iFC 8B (and BE version) after a successful QI A+B B BE. I've gotten it a few amount of times, but it would be helpful to get a visual cue on when to start holding down 2, any tips?

Also, I cannot get the FC 8B BE or regular version off of a successful 66B BE, and the damn CPU lands it on my ass all the time; again, are there any hints on when to start holding 2 when you hit them with 6B BE?

I can get the FC 8B and BE version every time now after the QI A+B B teleport. The cue was to hold 2 as you're pressing the BE for the bubbles and keep holding it down as he teleports, once he is about to stand up, input 8B (or 8BE) and he'll instantly do the move.

Unfortunately, I cannot seem to still get the 8B after a 66B BE. It seems impossible but the CPU lands it 100% of the time.

Unfortunately, I cannot seem to still get the 8B after a 66B BE. It seems impossible but the CPU lands it 100% of the time.
It's by far the most difficult one to do. I can't do it consistently, hence the edit in the video demonstration to remove the dozen or so failed attempts. It seems if you do it too early you get 8A, and too late either causes FC 8B to whiff or you get 8A.

I think returning the stick to neutral after inputting the 8B might have something to do with it.

I think it might be easier on a pad. I can get it most of the time in practice mode. I just try to slide my thumb from 6 to 2 as fast as possible.

Havent tried too much in actual matches yet.

I didn't know that you could combo 66B BE to iFC 8B

now you can do....

WR B > 66B BE > iFC 8B (90, 97) 25% meter
WR B > 66B BE > iFC 8B BE > 44B (126, 132) 50% meter
WR B > 66B BE > iFC 8B BE > 3B BE > QI A+BB BE > iFC 8B (170, 176, 182) 100% meter

66B > 3B BE > QI A+BB BE > 66B BE > iFC 8B BE > 44B (161, 167) 100% meter

note that 66B > CE does 160...so this is actually stronger and leaves you with some meter at the end

At first I thought it was ungodly hard but now I'm getting it a lot in training mode at least. Use the opponent's height as a visual cue instead of looking at Algol and it helps, at least for me.

I immediately start holding 2 as soon as I input 66B BE, and I enter the command as 66B BE 2, then I use the opponent's height as the visual cue for the 8B BE.

One thing I noticed after quite some time in training: It is much easier to get 8B BE after the 66B BE if you started with a launcher (like a mid-air bubble hit, WR B, or 44B) than a naked 66B BE

It's pretty hard. For some reason looking at the enemy's height doesn't help me, I need to look at Algol's stance in order to time it right.

Keep Practicing it, it becomes useful in stretching even more damage in Algol's combos, sort of like a Just Frame attack, only easier if there was a move before it. Check out the combo thread for a combo using this trick.

I can actually start getting iFC 8B BE after 66B BE almost all the time, and even online.

I think I figured out the trick to iFC 8B BE after 66B BE. It seems the slower I move it from 2 to 8, the more likely I am to get it. Supports my theory that it needs a neutral input somewhere in there.

Either way, I'm able to land Force-Destruct's combo consistently now.

I was messing around with iFC 8B and iFC 8B BE and I found something that wasn't mentioned in the thread.
You can actually charge partion this move. When you are buffering 8B BE during a move, you will notice it will come out more easier moves that have more frames such as 4BA, 44B, and WR B. Since these moves take longer to finish you have time to charge the iFC 8B BE, I would say it takes as long as guiles flash kick. But you can actually charge in between multiple moves as well. Your charge will not reset if you goto neutral to do a move and then hold down again.

So for expample, you can actually do a standing A, then hold down while the animation is still running, once that move is done you can goto neutral to do standing A again and hold down while the animation is running. Now your iFC 8B BE is charged and after your standing A done you can press 8B and the move will come out.

So with combos where iFC 8B BE is the third move, if you charge partion it will come out more easier. SO with combos like 4BA, 66BE, iFC 8B BE, if you are holding down during both moves, iFC 8B BE will come out more consistent.

so pretty much iFC 8B BE can come out anytime if you have charged long enough.

I don't know if this is old news, but I didn't see anything about it on this thread. Hope to see some people come up with new combos and mixs up now.

I don't think that's charging so much as it's a quirk of the buffering system. There's a similar thing with Ivy's CS where she can input the 2824666, do B, then do B+G and get CS for example.

Yea thats usually the case where the inputs are stored in the buffering system. But I think for this move, they actually gave two ways to make it come out. The First way is be fully crouched, and you can execute the move as soon as you are in position. The second way is to hold down and "charge" for a certain amount of time during a move. So you can do iFC 8B pretty easy after 44B, but its hard to do on 66B BE. For the people who have been doing it from just 66B BE, they say hold down 2 as soon as they do the move. So they probably are already holding down even before they presssing B for 66B BE, so they manage to get the full charge to do iFC 8B. But I still need to see how long the charge stays in the buffer system.

Ive been at this for a while know... there must be something I'm missing with 66B BE iFC 8B BE

When I get iFC 8B, it catches the training dummy blocking to stand, which is clearly too late to combo...
If I do it at all earlier i get a normal 8B. :/ Even by random chance I would've gotten at least one by this point... this is stupid.

The second way is to hold down and "charge" for a certain amount of time during a move. So you can do iFC 8B pretty easy after 44B, but its hard to do on 66B BE. For the people who have been doing it from just 66B BE, they say hold down 2 as soon as they do the move. So they probably are already holding down even before they presssing B for 66B BE, so they manage to get the full charge to do iFC 8B. But I still need to see how long the charge stays in the buffer system.

Thank you. ^^
Thats what i was missing... you need to be holding 2 IMMEDIATELY! -- AS SOON AS PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE!! -- GLARFLARGL!!! for it to connect.

If you're feeling like taking a bit of a risk, you can throw out a 22A or 66A+B and buffer 2 so you can smack em with iFC 8B when they try to press any buttons. This is pretty unsafe though and I usually stop after I get hit out of it once.

If you're feeling like taking a bit of a risk, you can throw out a 22A or 66A+B and buffer 2 so you can smack em with iFC 8B when they try to press any buttons. This is pretty unsafe though and I usually stop after I get hit out of it once.
Its pretty good after 22A because if they know the frames they'll either want to jump attack or or 2A. iFC 8B beats both. Mix in throws and the backstep-chair and you're golden.

Back