I'm so tired of this

Bootyclap

[09] Warrior
people saying that Sophitia is an instant win button, that she is overpowered, cheap, etc. Not only do noobs say this, but some experienced players say it as well. Its really starting to bug me now.. Given Sophitia, is not the hardest player to play execution wise, but to play her effectively is a whole different story. There is a difference between 4AAA and 236236B:4. Also why do people say Soph is so easy to use when Cass, Amy, Mitsu, and almost half the cast is as easy to use as her. Personally, I havent found anything hard about SCIV to execute besides some tough justs like Setsuka 123 move. Also Sophitia has some justs of her own that noobs cannot do instantly or pick up. Some advanced players even have a problem landing :4 after 236B or 236236B. Also 4 AAA[A] is not that easy to do either and i want to see someone just pickup Sophie and use 236236B fast enough to make it useful.

Basically the point im trying to make is that NO character is an instant win, you have to work hard with all characters to be good with them. Maybe you must work harder for some charcters, but Sophie is definately not even the top 5 of easiest characters to use effectively or even top 5 overall in the game. So just stfu about cheap characters.

It's gonna be okay. Hey, wanna hear a lame joke? Where does Yoshimitsu go to get cash? WAMU WAMU WAMUUUU!!!

That WaMu joke was cool. As for Sophie being an instant win button, I wish she was so I could actually win some shit. Who cares what noobs say, experienced players should already know that she isn't an instant win unless they're also noobs, and you already know that her being an instant win is not the case, so why worry about what these fools say about her? Don't be so bothered by it.

Honestly, no. I've heard the general consensus of Soph being easy to pick up and play but never really agreed to it. Could be because her damage output is through the roof but said flamers fail to realize that whatever Soph excels in damage and punish is negated with her generally weak mixup opportunities and limited moveset/comboability. If I was to tier Sophie I'd honestly have her right down the middle with only slight advantage or disadvantage with certain matchups.

Sophie is instant win online but anybody can be given the right conditions. Lag safety is a fickle mistress.

As someone who is just starting to pick up Sophitia, she's definitely not as instant-win or cheese-heavy as, say, Mitsurugi or Kilik. Maybe that was the case in SC3, but she's been toned down a good amount. Her once-uber unblockables have been slowed down, 9B+K and 4A series are junk, 1K/4B/6K aren't as good as they used to be.

and i'm pretty sure 236B has always been unsafe on block.

Okie i have to admit that even i whisper that kind of shit to myself when i play against say.....you booty? dont get me wrong we always play online and i like playing you and theres nothing wrong with you, but you would have to admit that soph is a tad bit over powered when it comes to priority, punishing, damage and speed. Shes not an iwin button but it she does make it easier for you TO win.

Bottom line there is no iwin character however, dont get mad at me alright? she is what i like to call a noob-friendly charecter that is designed to let newbies to the series get a feel for the game and explore basic mechanics/movelists. Given that she still has some complex aspects about her. but i disagree with you with me saying that she is among the top 5 that are REALLY fucking easy to learn

Honestly, no. I've heard the general consensus of Soph being easy to pick up and play but never really agreed to it. Could be because her damage output is through the roof but said flamers fail to realize that whatever Soph excels in damage and punish is negated with her generally weak mixup opportunities and limited moveset/comboability. If I was to tier Sophie I'd honestly have her right down the middle with only slight advantage or disadvantage with certain matchups.

Sophie is instant win online but anybody can be given the right conditions. Lag safety is a fickle mistress.

Is her CF game still good? If so, then that, and her overall safety, compensate for her weak mix up opportunities. Block or not you're still getting hurt. Sophie is a good character.

Her CF game kinda sucks now tbh unless you consider 44B+K,A,B a viable option (hell no). Her best CF abuser pre-patch was the game breaking 4B+K but now that title belongs to the much unsafer, slower 44B+K. I might be wrong though.

a noob-friendly charecter that is designed to let newbies to the series get a feel for the game and explore basic mechanics/movelists.
That is actually a very fair assessment. Since you weren't talking about Sophie mastery (which IMO would be harder given her limited moveset), I fully agree with this statement.

Sophitia is not an instant win button however her 236B and low hits are extremely overpowered, mainly her 236 since on counter hit(which is basically what its for) the damage is crazy high. Shes just easier to use than most chars and you have to know what to expect

44B+K is -12 on block, and puts you in FC. Not a lot of characters can punish that... unless you're referring to its linearity, which is an issue with most major SG moves anyway.

Sophita isn't a win button at all. I feel like I have to work harder with Sophie, than I do with Cass (but of course, Mina takes the cake). Soph doesn't have a mixup game, unless you consider mid vs 66A+G I guess. You really need to be on your toes, and look for openings where she can get in (with AA, BB, 236B, 236236B, etc). And her most damaging juggles are harder than most (I find it hard to buffer 236236B for juggles, although I'm getting better). Plus no stuns almost :(.

Online, she looks broken, as 1AA and 4AAA become god like. The "correct way" (notice " ") Sophie, gets hurt in lag, with her punishment and spacing game heavily reduced. Just my thoughts.

Sorry to the people who are posting seriously here, but this thread just doesn't feel that constructive to the playing of our favorite stabber so its been moved.

Sophita isn't a win button at all. I feel like I have to work harder with Sophie, than I do with Cass (but of course, Mina takes the cake). Soph doesn't have a mixup game, unless you consider mid vs 66A+G I guess. You really need to be on your toes, and look for openings where she can get in (with AA, BB, 236B, 236236B, etc). And her most damaging juggles are harder than most (I find it hard to buffer 236236B for juggles, although I'm getting better). Plus no stuns almost :(.

Online, she looks broken, as 1AA and 4AAA become god like. The "correct way" (notice " ") Sophie, gets hurt in lag, with her punishment and spacing game heavily reduced. Just my thoughts.

I totally agree Tidal. Cass is alot more easier to win with for me as well than Sophitia. But 1AA etc. is never godlike for me, it seems its too slow and everbody blocks it.

On another note though, Just today someone told me that Sophitia, Cassandra and Hilde are all broke. I mean seriously? You can argue that Hilde is broke, but where is Cass and Sophie's instant win RO. >_>

I'd like to agree with you, Bootyclap. I really would, I happen to main Sophitia on some days, and i'm a pretty effective Sophie user but even I have to agree that she can be broken at times. Her smallest moves do astaroth sized damage, as lefthand put it. She's beatable though, I mean her mix up game isn't the greatest. So as long as you know where you're blocking, you're pretty damn safe. I dunno, I agree and disagree at the same time I guess.

Back