It's Hammer Time! [Astaroth General Discussion]

66k,2B+K,?

yes it should always work, if then 2B+K hit them on the ground and bounced them up. If you're having issues make sure not to hold 2(down) after you press 2B+K and mash A+G starting very early. I'm not sure what the other things you mentioned were, I need a better description of them.

6B+K...

I use 6B+K when I'm mid-range from the opponent since he jumps across and normally if your playing a casual they'll run into the parry themselves. I find it really works well mid-range against yoshimitsu, even if they're pretty good with him.

1B Love?

As much as I love Astaroth, I'd traced every single threads/vids about Asta and interestingly, very few people mention 1B.

I am not stating its the most powerful move, not to mention the awkward posture close to shoveling snow. But every often I use it as a follow up when the opponent has just landed on the ground or for a quick knock down at close range when the swing battle concentrates on the top.

I find it particularly lethally when you disparately want to sweep the remaining 5% of your enemy hp when the titan bomb fail land in full damage. My hit lands 99% of those critical moment.

Anyone have such experience in their game?

66k,2B+K,?

The A+G is right after the stomp. 2B+K, mash A+G should work fine.

Make sure you let go of 2 after 2B+K, like Suirad said.

6B+K...

I would like to know how 6B+K destroys Ivy, hahaha.

Also, I kind of don't like how sometimes CH 6B+K pushes the opponent too far for 2A+K to connect.

IHMO, the "problem" (or at least the problem I have with 6B+K) is that it is unclear if it's best to use this move on advantage or disadvantage (when the opponent is not in a stance). On advantage, you would more likely to get the aGI to work but opponent might block and punish it. On disadvantage, you are more likely to get a CH but you might also get interrupted because it's a slow move. Actually, now that I think about it, 6K has a somewhat similiar "problem".

It's Hammer Time! [Astaroth General Discussion

What do people do against long range characters that like to roll backward after 2A+K ? Stupid 22B is not long enough to reach in SC4 ... I don't think 44B would work either. So what are other options besides running in or 9B+K/4B+K (God what a horrible "mixup")

Can someone please test exactly/approximately how many frames into PT can Asta start the sidestep/backstep?

What if anything you can hit a backroll with depends on the setup. If you 2A+K someone 33B hit's backroll. If you CH 6B+K then 66K will usually hit back tech. If you give me the set-ups you want something for I can take a look at them and see if I can find something for ya.

As for PT finding exact frames will be a difficult request because how linear the attack is and what side it is weak/strong are going to affect results I imagine.

6B+K...

6B+K is not such an amazing move because of this, the aGI takes way too long to come online. However it's still useful in certain situations, usually certain stances.. On a blocked transition it will beat almost all of Ivy's serpent's embrace options(minus SE k I beleive) for example.

66k,2B+K,?

lol... how can u play asta and not focus on throwing? anyways this is what u wanted to know...

1. after ch 6k do 2b+k~a+g~a+g~a+g until u get the throw... when u get used to the timing u won't need to mash anymore...

2. the ground pick up u r talking about is 2A+K

3. the other throw u r talking about is when u press A+G when ur opponent is in the air...

66k,2B+K,?

personally i never got used to the timing i just mash a+g like crazy as soon as i do the 2B+K... hehe ^^

66k,2B+K,?

you need to press a+g pretty fast so basically buffer it after 2b+k or mash it out.

Suirad: does 2A+K leaves the opponent at different distances depending on the initial pickup distance? I was referring to backroll and not back tech.

Hmm yeah sorry about the difficult request. However, I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that a regular step takes 5 frames ... I wonder how that came about.

probably video capture, although I dont know criteria you would set to "the step has begun" anyway.

Sorry I misunderstood your original question apparently. 2A+K puts people at more or less the same distance as far as I've noticed. This is the best I understand the situation after 2A+K: opponent rolls side-ways or forward or stays down 2A hits them. Opponent rolls back, forward or to your right, stays down or blocks low 3B_33B hits. If they immediately get up with standing block nothing hits that cannot be reacted too. It's probably a run-in situation at best.

So to answer your question try 33B on backrollers.

If someone's got something I'd be interested too though.

Astaroth has some of the worst tech jump attacks in the game imo. What do people generally use when they expect a low? obviously 3A+B_B+G gets a quick TJ and due to circumstances often ends up being safe, but it'll only catch crouch/TC and leaves you at best at disadvantage in front of the enemy if it whiffs. Otherwise 7_8_9K is the only one of the standard set that that is both fast enough to maybe hit someone and safe. What does the SA think?

if i expect a low then i just block low and punish since his low grab is so fast and punishes a lot of stuff. if the low doesnt end in a TC then there is normally another punishment option since most blocked lows are unsafe... in the case that someone does have a safe low to abuse vs asta then ill either use 7_8_9b, low GI or ill block anyway and use the advantage for a mixup.

66k,2B+K,?

you probably have the same issue I did; you're waiting to hit A+G until after you see him fly up in the air after your stomp. But it's a move, not a combo; you need to press A+G right after 2B+K. You should be pressing A+G before the stomp even hits.

1B Love?

i used to love using 1B until SC4... in SC3 his 1B ringed out... so i actually had an alternate to bullrush for ringout... throws can be broken... but in SC4 it doesn't RO... so i stopped using it as much... only good thing is its reduced to -16 from like -22...

Has anyone gotten 1B to actually ringout this game? i cant remember if i was using asta's 1B or voldo's 1A but i know i rung someone out with one of those moves before, perhaps it was voldo...

Back