It's Hammer Time! [Astaroth General Discussion]

It's Hammer Time! [Astaroth General Discussion

How well does 2A+G_B+G work after 1GI and 4GI...if the opponent just gets up. I have thought about testing this...

How well does 2A+G_B+G work after 1GI and 4GI...if the opponent just gets up. I have thought about testing this...

As long as they are in range(and the crouch throws have decent range) they will snag opponents up everytime they tech. This and doing 2B+K~A+G when anticipating sleeping opponents makes Astaroth one of the few characters who truely benefits off of the parry.

As long as they are in range(and the crouch throws have decent range) they will snag opponents up everytime they tech. This and doing 2B+K~A+G when anticipating sleeping opponents makes Astaroth one of the few characters who truely benefits off of the parry.

Awesomness.

4A discussion

I am starting to dislike this move as a general spacing tool (as in, you are in the middle of the stage where you can disregard ring position) more and more. It could be because I am too used to 4A's SC3 properties. Here's my list of 4A's pro's and con's.

Pro's

Track to Asta's left very well
A bit longer range than the move appears
Gives some advantage on hit ... minor disadvantage on block.

Con's

The recover on whiff is now unbearable (read: less cheese .. and it's basically punishable now)
i20
Steppable to Asta's right (sometimes)
Garbage soul gauge damage
4A on block, 66K is the only good cheesy option left. No more 4A~66B. No more 4A~4A. No more 4A~2A.

How do people feel about the new 4A ?

4A discussion

pro's
good step killer
good spacing
good frames on hit and block

con's
HIGH
bullshit SG damage (a very uncalled for, extreme nerf)

i love it. i use it a lot, though much less if people like getting in with TC moves. One cheesy option after 4a is enough really, i catch a lot of people with 4a (on block), 66k.

4A discussion

I never use it. I've given it a try, and never found a single practical use for it. I might consider it as a RO move, but the many other disadvantages it offers don't seem to make it worthwhile.

4A discussion

I dont use it much myself...but ONLY because I use 44A and I space alot. However, hear me out. Its a good move. Use it. It is one of Asta's quicker moves and it can be very effective in keeping pressure off of you.

4A discussion

It's one of those moves where you have to know the perfect distance to use it. It's like A+B, but with shorter range and less SG damage. Personally, I use it for fast mid-range spacing and for RO or wallsplats on the right. I never use it up close (like I've seen others do). It's not one of his best moves, but it gets an honorable mention.

4A discussion

It's one of those moves where you have to know the perfect distance to use it. It's like A+B, but with shorter range and less SG damage. Personally, I use it for fast mid-range spacing and for RO or wallsplats on the right. I never use it up close (like I've seen others do). It's not one of his best moves, but it gets an honorable mention.

Well I guess I am not good enough to find that perfect distance =P. I am starting to feel that the only attractive thing about 4A is its awesome left tracking properties (and sometimes hits TC opponent)... for other purposes, other moves do it better.

IMHO, using 4A up close is inviting the opponent to use a strong crouch move ... the closest distance that I would consider using 4A is after 1A+G ... anywhere closer, no point.

4A discussion

you probably shouldn't use it unless
1) you want CH side RO
and/or
2) you're out of grab range

otherwise might as well just command grab

also...a whole topic for a single move is rather silly. this should be in a general discussion thread of some sort

4A discussion

yea, definitely not a move to use up close as you have much better options. its a fairly quick, mid range poke that spaces well and has excellent frames.

it should be used at mid range to its max range as a step killer/poke/spacer, though much more sparingly if you opponent TC's alot to get in.

and yea all these threads for single moves should go in the general discussion thread really >.<

im hitting more people with 236B+K than one would think... HOW WEIRD !

6B+K...

AsTarOth's 6B+K Auto-GIs ALL high/mid/s.mid/s.low attacks EXCEPT 'kicks' & 'stab moves'... so i use it mostly if i know a string *such as A,B from taki or A,A from X* is coming... i'll either auto-gi or get a CH... also i use it as long as i have atleast a few frames of advantage...

astaroth136: i see u use it quite nicely... a good reason is cause seig is slow... but that wont work on fast characters... cause after a whiffed 2b+g they'll CH ur 6B+K if they do 2A... i still use it against fast characters but its a bit risky... cause on block amy can 66B or sisters can 236B... and on hit u r infront of thier face at like - w/e... but its nice if u get the CH ...leading to 2A_B+G tech trap or ground damage... i personally think they should've made it + frames on hit... cause the GI window lasts for so long... plus if done at the same time 6B+K beats asura gay dance...

3A+B Followups?

IF 3A+B on normal hit connects Really close then 66~2A_B+G works as a tech trap... for the CH version i just run up and do throw/bullrush mixups... too bad its not like sc3 where u used to get a back throw out of CH 3A+B... :(

6B+K...

I've actually been using this move less and less. Against Sieg, yeah, it's really useful. Against Amy, meh, not so much. 6B+K is kind of character specific, similar to what you mentioned. I've found that it destroys Ivy, useless against Yun, decent against Zas, and good against Mitsu.

3A+B Followups?

22[K], 3A, 3A+B, then you have options- 3A+G_3B+G, catch them with unblockable (3, 28B+G), or 44B

first hit has to be close though, could just begin with CH 3A

66k,2B+K,?

I knee the opponent, knock them down, stomp the ground, and when they fly up I can NEVER catch them!!! The next input is A+G right?
EDIT: also what is the notation for the ground pickup and the throw behind back? The grabs are what I never learned on this guy and I'm just realizing how important they actually are. Damn you 1b!

66k,2B+K,?

Then why can I never catch the opponent when I pound them in the air? Is it only in specific occasions that it works? I also still need to know the other grabs I asked in the EDIT'd part. Thanks :D

Back