It's Hammer Time! [Astaroth General Discussion]

It's Hammer Time! [Astaroth General Discussion

lol... alright i'll stop complaining... it just makes me upset from time to time when i play sc3... then switch back to sc4 and go 'where did all my 50% + combos go? anyway u r right about the throws covering step... that does help a lot...

Ljkabookie: after CH 66A,B u can also do 3K,A... it gives really good wakes... u can 22B or 2A+K afterwards if they stay grounded or try to roll away... or u can throw or 4[A+B] if they get up and block... or play 44B mind games...

hey i haven't seen this anywhere but asta can get away from lizard mang's crawl bullshit with 3A_B+G... all you need to do is block up... unless u see him do crawl A+K... and don't worry about getting hit with his crawl A... as long as u do that right after blocking any move in crawl instantly do 3A_B+G... and u'll jump over or under whatever liz does from crawl... UNLESS he does crawl K... in that case instead of 3A_B+G do 2A_B+G... and u'll grab him before he does his move... or i think u can step punish this even... so NO asta from now on should fear crawl... as it is very easy to beat... hopefully this will help asta players...

you can 2A+G_B+G most crawl options after being hit by Crawl A I believe. You seem to get it for free if you block almost anything too, so you don't even need the jump one really.

Pretty much...that's why both Lizzy and Voldo aren't too big an issue with asta.
Also it seems like you can pretty much crouch grab Cervantes any time you block most of his lows.

Pretty much...that's why both Lizzy and Voldo aren't too big an issue with asta.

KingAce, please explain how you deal with Voldo with Asta. I don't have a local Voldo player here but last time FiendChi visited and beat the hell out of me with Voldo.

you can 2A+G_B+G most crawl options after being hit by Crawl A I believe. You seem to get it for free if you block almost anything too, so you don't even need the jump one really.
no u r wrong... after u block anything from crawl besides crawl A+K u DO NOT get a low throw for free... lizard can simply do crawl B and u'll be punished for doing a low throw... also he can do a timed crawl K and that will make low throw whiff after a blocked crawl B+K or K... i've had OOFMATIC harrass me to hell with crawl bullshit in many casuals... but with this u actually can COMPLETELY shut down crawl...

btw i just figured out that 28B+G beats ALL options... i'll post a vid of this to show u guys how good this is...

3A+G_B+G will NOT jump over everything everytime in crawl. Try LC K > LC K for example. Besides that what did you gain. You're behind him now for guessing right and there is no guarantee you are even in range to take advantage of his whiff...

On the other hand you can vary your own timing on 2A+G_B+G to beat LC K and the most they can get for it is LC A(I'll get to LC B in a second) which doesn't do much or really change the situation in LM's favor. Timed LC K also takes forever and can be hit with a number of high damage options like 4 22B(to LM's left) and sometimes PT (at the right ranges). You're lucky if you can actually get an LM to do LC B to try and beat crouch throw cause you can either block + punish or Titan Bomb them for it. I've seen those outs already and I'm more than happy to enter this guessing game cause it's stacked in asta's favor.

/edit/ On the note of Titan Bomb beating Crawl, it sorta does, but it still doesn't get you much until you can convince them to LC B. If liz is gonna enter crawl on you make 'im pay I say.

KingAce, please explain how you deal with Voldo with Asta. I don't have a local Voldo player here but last time FiendChi visited and beat the hell out of me with Voldo.

Unfortunately you're asking someone who has played a lot of good voldo players, without any real knowledge of voldo except that I can crouch grab him out of his swimming lessons.

The thing I know is that voldo is most powerful when his back is turned. And so his always vulnerable to back throws. 3A+G_B+G is your friend here, and also he is very vulnerable to 6K. When I get home I will do some actual study on this match-up and get back at you.

When his back is turned you have to be patient...block or gi with 1G or 3G. You can also step him pretty easily. I need play DINO again.

But the fact remains in you being patient.

i don't remember much but u can punish between 66A+B,K with A+G... so thats something there... and it actually sucks when voldo goes into BT... because u can't command grab him... also a lot of voldo's stuff is low throw-able on block... i remember getting 1A_B+G on dino when he was doing some random shit on the floor...

suirad: ya i know if u guess right u can do more damage to him than he can to u... but against a smart *oofmatic* crawl whoring liz player ...it can get very frustrating having him chip away little by little of ur life gauge... cause all u say u do is low throw... which he can break... i rather not play guessing game and chance getting hit by crawl A+K,B or something and just get away from it... but i guess it all depends on what u feel comfortable doing...

After a successful 44[A] I like to do AB, 2[K], 22B. I think that dose the most damage.

Most likely this has been asked b4 but i cant be bothered to go look... Do custom characters with astaroths style have the same range as astaroth? If they don't is there still an advantage to using them cause astaroth is a big target.

Hitbox should be smaller, might change a few things but not much. I wonder if hilde can doom combo CaS astaroths...

i love she cant do it to regular astas :) well half cant anyways, doom combo isnt as good vs asta hehehe love asta hitbox :P

can you air grab sieg out of A+B from base stance?

Get outta ma face!

All right, I'm new here... that should be obvious. I'm currently learning to play Astaroth right now and have been playing Soul Calibur (4 of course) for about... 2 weeks? anyways I'm a bit tired of getting owned simply because I can not retaliate. I know that 6K is quick and helps, but after a few uses people know what to expect. I was hoping for a list or something similar to lay out my options while being pummeled by a spamming Killik, Cervantes or Taki.

thanks in advance,
Konkor

Get outta ma face!

These are some of the quicker moves asta has to interrupt with:
6K - good range and an early tech crouch. CH deals 50+ or gives you wake-up opportunities. i17 to hit -14 on block
66K - better range, less damage, harder to step, long TC that covers till you hit. good RO. i18 to hit -10 on block
4B - short range CH gives tech / ground hit opportunities. low guaranteed damage. i16 to hit -10 on block
2K - low, ok range, low damage on gives advantage on counter hit. i15 to hit -14 on block
K - unfortunately high, short range, low damage. i15 to hit -8 on block
6A - high short range and fairly linear allows for high damage on CH (70+). i12 to hit -14 on block -18 if you did the B afterwards
3K - ok range follow up hits track step well. CH 50 ish damage and leftward RO. i18 to hit -10 on block, follow ups differ

Also although it's not exactly fast 6B+K is fairly evasive.

6B+K - long early TC, short autoGI properties against mids and highs as well as TJ somewhat later. slight disadvantage on hit. CH knockdown and sometimes tech / guaranteed extra damage. i21 to hit -15 on block.

Back