It's Hammer Time! [Astaroth General Discussion]

Get outta ma face!

Don't: 1A against people on this site, it's more obvious than stating an elevator elevates.

Do: Fake unblockable attacks.

Don't: 66A,B all the time, trust me people catch on and tend to GI the second hit EVERY TIME *points to genver*

Do: Use Command throws and follow up with either 4 or 6K (if you are near the edge and use the B+G command throw it will throw the enemy behind you but WILL NOT ring them out. This can easily be fixed by using 6K)*

Study this:

*: Only works with the 63214B+G command grab. Not too sure with the other command throw though.

Get outta ma face!

suprisingly enough i dont think i have ever use 66BA, maybe 66AB... but thats different...

hmm, well thanks for the vid ill start watching n see what happens

and yah faking 44B and the like is lots of fun =P

edit while watching video: oh wow, total ownage

Get outta ma face!

Ah cool, that makes more sense now... anyways i jsut started using that recently when they sidestep, nice way to get in a titan bomb every once n a while, but i like 22_88B more to launch, its faster i think. i also jsut recently discovered a low kick thats been catching people off guard. 1K,A seems to catch people who like to guard high and know Asta's obvious low sweeps

Get outta ma face!

The problem with 1K,A is that some people stay crouched and other times the K doesn't launch them high enough for the A to hit. I like using 1K by itself though just to get a free hit.

Get outta ma face!

wow that video, that was pure pwnage ...

is 4 (i think thats what he uses) a beter followup to b command throw? or he just does it for the wake options? as ive ben using 22b and assumed that was the best move. unless near a wall where air throw is better cause of wall splat.

Get outta ma face!

1K does sound more reliable, and Ljkabookie if your talking about the unblockable i believe its 44, if not... my bad

Get outta ma face!

wow that video, that was pure pwnage ...

is 4 (i think thats what he uses) a beter followup to b command throw? or he just does it for the wake options? as ive ben using 22b and assumed that was the best move. unless near a wall where air throw is better cause of wall splat.

4 Is better IIRC don't quote me on that though.

Get outta ma face!

guess, i was wrong...

hey here's a question, i was looking through move lists for Asta and i saw one where asta pick the opponent up on the handle of the axe, holds em over his head then walks a little... i think its 3A+B but im not sure... so, i was wonder what the heck is the use of this attack? is it for ring outs, set ups what?

Get outta ma face!

guess, i was wrong...

hey here's a question, i was looking through move lists for Asta and i saw one where asta pick the opponent up on the handle of the axe, holds em over his head then walks a little... i think its 3A+B but im not sure... so, i was wonder what the heck is the use of this attack? is it for ring outs, set ups what?

It's a throw that sets you up for 22_88B

Get outta ma face!

wont the 22_88B just be ground damage then? or does it launch em for some reason, if it launches I'm using this attack a lot more...

Get outta ma face!

wow theres a follow up for that. i thought the move was shit so ive never used it. would you say its good, ive never found a good use for it, except maybe for the novelty value cause the oponent wouldnt of seen it much before. does it pick up on block?

Get outta ma face!

wow theres a follow up for that. i thought the move was shit so ive never used it. would you say its good, ive never found a good use for it, except maybe for the novelty value cause the oponent wouldnt of seen it much before. does it pick up on block?

That, i'm not too sure of as i don't use this move either.

Get outta ma face!

2A+K is the ground grab you mentioned and it is it's own point, it deals about 35 damage and is used for catching side rollers. Also 22B isn't even close to guaranteed after 2A+K.

1K only launches them up on CH. if opponent does not hold guard after 1K on HIT then the A will go over them, they can also crouch the normal way.

Get outta ma face!

2A+K is the ground grab you mentioned and it is it's own point, it deals about 35 damage and is used for catching side rollers. Also 22B isn't even close to guaranteed after 2A+K.

Suirad he's talking about a different grab. The one where Asta picks up the opponent with the HILT and kinda does a fireman's carry. So you are correct about what you said, it just has no relevance to the move we are talking about.

Get outta ma face!

Ah ok nothing is guaranteed there either at least not against all characters after CH 3A+B / 3[A+B] you can crouch throw, but it will whiff if they hold guard. Some characters and sometimes in the corner you can 4[A+B] and they can't do anything more than jump for it to reduce damage.

Get outta ma face!

Ah ok nothing is guaranteed there either at least not against all characters after CH 3A+B / 3[A+B] you can crouch throw, but it will whiff if they hold guard. Some characters and sometimes in the corner you can 4[A+B] and they can't do anything more than jump for it to reduce damage.

It's the grab found at 2:12 of this video right?

If so, then yes, it is the other command throw.

Get outta ma face!

ok that makes more sense... though i wouldn't call it a fireman's carry, i dunno really how to explain what astas doing..

at 3:06

and the buttons are 3[A+B]

Back