It's Hammer Time! [Astaroth General Discussion]

It's Hammer Time! [Astaroth General Discussion

214 A / AAAAA

There never seems to be a opportunistic moment to use this.

I want to know WHEN you guys use this move.

You can use 214A as a tech trap after 63214B+G, you can use 214A2_8 at the start of the round for the tech step if opponent likes to start with linear mid range pokes, you can use 214AAAAA when you want to change the ring position.

ive noticed through watching different peoples vids that when people land 44[a] they do the 44[a], a,b, 22[k], 22b combo. whenever i try it i find the 22[k] isnt guaranteed for the ground stun. to get 22b. because poeple can tech out of the a, b stun before the 22[k] lands

i find after the a,b doing crouch grab is a better option.

my question is why doesnt anyone else ive seen go for the crouch grab instead, and is the 22[k] guaranteed for ground stun? if so is the timing is just really tight?

it depends on the distance and opponents hit box size. The reason most people dont go for crouch grab I think is not only is it not guaranteed(break) but it doesnt do that much cause of the damage scaling. If you are having issue's with 44[A] AB 22[K] then try 44[A] 66AB A+G/28B+G instead.

I found that while playing online people are able to escape the 22[K] after the AB. However, it is completely guaranteed offline. In fact, if they DO try to tech the 22[K], they end up taking about 50 extra damage than if they just decided to stay on the ground.

i was refering to offline, so i guess I guess its just me being bad with the timing. ill go practice it thanks ^^

Yeah no problem. I would suggest going into training mode and putting the computer ukemi to random. Then when you try to do the combo the computer will always try to get up, and that way you can learn the proper timing.

Bullrush is one of Astaroth's saving grace moves... also, what's with his greed for souls? I mean, sure he's in competition against Nightmare, but seriously, if they both worked together, they could easily consume more souls than they were alone... I think I need to go outside for a bit XS.

Get outta ma face!

if you notice an opponent always getting up with attacking moves, dash in slightly as the rise, space yourself and go for 3B, just be weary of the range of those rising attacks. If you hit 3B, follow up with 2A+K

Get outta ma face!

63214 B+G --> 22_88[K] --> 22_88B... or just 63214 B+G --> 22_88B if your opponents gets away from the 22_88[K].

Well I found something strange... but probably known because however situational it is, it's still pretty simple...
After 22B on a midair opponent, near a wall, you can A+G them and you don't need to draw them back...
There isn't enough frames to Titan Bomb them, and A+G stes up for enough anyway... And I don't think it scales the damage so it can get up to around 140d easy... wierd... I need some fresh air too!!!

Well I found something strange... but probably known because however situational it is, it's still pretty simple...
After 22B on a midair opponent, near a wall, you can A+G them and you don't need to draw them back...
There isn't enough frames to Titan Bomb them, and A+G stes up for enough anyway... And I don't think it scales the damage so it can get up to around 140d easy... wierd... I need some fresh air too!!!

This works and if your close to another wall (ala cage corner), the A+G can lead into another wall splat and a crouch grab or whatever else you can do after a normal wall splat.

unless you were in a cage, wouldnt it be better to let them splat so you can crouch grab them. now that i think abotu it ive never 22b'd anyone right near a wall to see what happens, 22b4 so that i can titan bomb and get the wall splat.

that is pretty strange ZOMBIE but wouldnt you 22b4 titan bomb near a wall instead so you can get the aftermentioned wall combo going?

the best feeling in SCIV...

is def catching someone with a titan bomb w/o using the throw or 22b4

so far i got:
-kilik on a stick
-jumping taki
-yoshi in both helicopters
-yoshi on 9b+k,b (second jump)
-mitzu 8a+b
-yun BT CS B+K

i tried to catch yuns UB but asty didnt grab and i ate the UB

the best feeling in SCIV...

turning off the console and getting you're life back :) lol.... no seriously.

as for asty's titan bomb.. I haven't played in about 2-3 months.. but I think you can titan bomb a GDR by Cervy with it. At the very least you can catch his useless 4B+K.

mid range help!

Ok.

Since joining this site my game has gotten a lot better. Now I only get beat with Ast if I make major mistakes, or I am playing a completely superior opponent.

However there are some types of opponents that I have major issue with and that is those who have great mid range attacks such as Yun Seon, XY, and Raph.

The problem is when these guys sit just outside of Knee/throw range, but just inside of range where the Shoulder ram or the Ax Smack would be effective I get mixed up in timing and spacing or either wiff on a knee or some other short ranged tactic, or I try creating more space and end up getting hit with one of their many long range/jump back pokes.

What moves/tactics are good and quick for taking a dominant position in mid range.

mid range help!

Block and sidestep(not 8wr) are pretty good for starters. If they don't know when you're going to bullrush or backstep it makes it less likely you'll be beaten out and you can use guard to vary your timing. With the exception of raph those characters are going to have to get a bit closer to you eventually to do anything to you as long as you stay safe, so try to be patient if your not guessing the distance properly.

Also I note all the characters you named have 44B backwards evading attacks, is it those you're getting hit by? If so you need to remember to aim past where they are standing or again block/sidestep when you think they might be coming. Make sure you can input bullrush quickly too, when done right it shouldnt be significantly slower than 6K and obviously much less likely to whiff.

Back