Ivy Combos

Ivy's Combos

Or just duck both since CL 6A is kind of slow and predictable. I still use it for mix up and stance change, it makes a good set up for 6_CS when they try to retaliate. Just a fun tidbit, CH 6 A K, iCS / SS = wonderful. Since you can transition to either stance and buffer the command to throw just as they finish shaking or before the stun is over.

Ivy's Combos

A few combos that I didn't see posted:

SE B,B,B, 9GB

CL 66A, 9GB

SW 2B+K~A+K, CL 236B,B

I know that none of these are amazing, but you've gotta squeeze out whatever damage you can take with Ivy. I also noticed that it wasn't mentioned that a tip hit for CL wsA,A is a NC (no counterhit required).

Ivy's Combos

Stupid question: Description of the CL 9GB move? I don't remember seeing this.

Ivy's Combos

Um, I'm not sure if this is guaranteed, but... 1B, 2B+K, CL 4B, A+K like right after the second hit hits, WP 1B+K, B+K, CL 236BB. Also, sorry if this has been posted already.

Ivy's Combos

Nice Admiral, Ivy was the first character I liked and Vader also but I had to wait forever to get him :(

Ivy's Combos

Hey guys, Ljkabookie my housemate got me over to this site... (yes we share the same account for those of you who vs'ed him online...

As a huge fan of Ivy would just like to leave my thanks for this guide to the combo's its helping me perfect my Ivy ;)

Ivy's Combos

Sup guys, been reading and I also appreciate all the activity on the boards, been helping my ivy out too.

As for your combo Nukleurfire, it works as long as the opponent doesn't block during the WP 1B+K. If they block, the first hit goes off but it doesn't pick up and let you go into the rest. Still catches people off guard tho, and does slightly more damage than just hitting 1B, 2B+K, CL 4B, 236BB (even tho going into SW and stilettoing them is more dmg than 236BB). A few more things I've come across tho is using CL 6A, B into 214, 1B+K, 4B, 236BB. You can also use SW3B and SW6 into it. They're shakeable, but if you move fast enough you can still catch people off guard.

Ivy's Combos

has anyone found a combo to use WP WR BB?
I saw some guy stun his opponent then WP WR BB
it's naughty
I wanna learn
but I forgot what it looks like
lol

Ivy's Combos

has anyone found a combo to use WP WR BB?
I saw some guy stun his opponent then WP WR BB
it's naughty
I wanna learn
but I forgot what it looks like
lol

NO! We need the truly naughty WR A+B! (Here by known as Christmas Tree! and no, I don't care if you are Jewish. Jew.) THAT SHIT IS OFF THE HOOK NIGGA!

Ivy's Combos

Sup guys, been reading and I also appreciate all the activity on the boards, been helping my ivy out too.

As for your combo Nukleurfire, it works as long as the opponent doesn't block during the WP 1B+K. If they block, the first hit goes off but it doesn't pick up and let you go into the rest. Still catches people off guard tho, and does slightly more damage than just hitting 1B, 2B+K, CL 4B, 236BB (even tho going into SW and stilettoing them is more dmg than 236BB). A few more things I've come across tho is using CL 6A, B into 214, 1B+K, 4B, 236BB. You can also use SW3B and SW6 into it. They're shakeable, but if you move fast enough you can still catch people off guard.

Thx. So not real combo? :/ I was doing it in practice I guess I should have put ukemi on and stuff.

Ivy's Combos

Nukleur, a better way to see if a combo works is to set the computer to do the combo to you using the "Record Command" function, and then try to get out of the string yourself.

^ yea that's a good video
unfortunately
due to the new balance patch released since then, most of those complex combos cannot be executed anymore

This is the best Ivy Combo video I have seen out there. Only a few moves are pre 1.03, so it's a solid refference. My hats off to the Japanese player who did this, as it was constructed VERY professionally.

i don't think CH WP 9gB 66A+B is a combo the opponent can ukemi left
Yeah, you're probably right, from what I also remember at least (thx for posting this).
I'll do some corrections in the 1st page in the weekend, when I have free time.

PS: I have been doing some editing in Admiral's 1st post this last week, but I'm not sure if it is 100% correct, because I haven't re-checked all these data yet (and as you can see, there are still things to be edited).
If anyone finds anything that should be corrected/edited/added just post it here. thx

Back