Ivy General Submissions for Discussion

Reversal Edge.
It builds a ton of meter, so after you've used a couple of REs, you have access to CE and SC as GTFO tools.
214B and backstep are also good ways of escaping pressure.

You can also go for fast interrupts like 6b8K, 66K, 6KB, 2A, etc, but Ivy will rarely win close range poking games against most of the cast.

Much thanks! 6b8K I didn't quite figure out though, didn't seem to do anything of note for me. Definitely many many moves to keep in mind.

I'm a bit confused about LH 66[A] combo:

LH 66[A] → 9B+K → 4[A] → SE 8B+K

I have catched my opponents sidestepping and get a Lethal Hit (with his sound) but when I'm going to do 9B+K, I always cannot grab my opponent and throw him in the air to continue the combo. Do you know why?

I have catched my opponents sidestepping and get a Lethal Hit (with his sound) but when I'm going to do 9B+K, I always cannot grab my opponent and throw him in the air to continue the combo. Do you know why?
I'm guessing it's the timing. You gotta do it asap, or else an opponent can't be picked up.

Did you guys try this combo?
LH 66[A] → 9B+K → 4A → 4B7 → 214(B)

Some sick Ivy called Darkmage (not our Mage) destroyed me with it many times and won our encounter.

I thought this as well. I found the pick-up combos just wouldn't work vs Kilik, Voldo and Xianghua, but I didn't use Ivy enough this weekend to be certain.

Here's a little compilation (and no, I have no idea what happened to the sound at the end):

Edit: I've been assured it's just a lag issue, but I'm not completely convinced yet. Can't wait to have a training mode.

Did you guys try this combo?
LH 66[A] → 9B+K → 4A → 4B7 → 214(B)
Yeah, this has been one of my go-to combos. You can also substitute the last 214(B) for 8A+B if you want a portal/3B+K mixup for oki.

Last edited:
@HolyCarp @Linkrkc @Ring @S0Mi and anyone else with a good understanding of SC6 Ivy.

Hey guys, so I'm working with a YouTube content creator called @Scallywag-93 to make beginner introductions guides for SC6 and one of the videos that's being worked on is a introduction profile of each character to hopefully get it out near or on release date.

Looking just to get abit of info from you guys aswell to ensure the Ivy part of the video is accurate.
Please could you answer these questions: (doesn't have to be in detail)

1. Her stand out strengths?
2. Her stand out weakness?
3. Any important stand out moves and why are important?
4. Easy/Intermediate/Hard in terms of execution?
5. Easy/Intermediate/Hard in terms of gameplan and complexity?
6. Overall archtype / what kind of player the character will suit?

Thanks again.

I'd be hesitant to push the Ivy guide out the doors pre-release. She's received the strongest community backlash, so I'd be surprised if she remains unchanged in the final build + day one patch.

As she is now...

1. Her stand out strengths?
-Zoning
-Strong mixups at mid and close range
-RO and reverse RO game

2. Her stand out weakness?
-Poor close range pokes
-Best tools are unsafe (66A deadzone, CE, 214B, SS, possible to run forward through 2A+G/2B+K mixup)
-A community full of people insisting she is nerfed before day one

3. Any important stand out moves and why are important?
-66[A]: anti-step, zoning
-2_3A+G: RO, mixup tool, anti-step, good at causing rage quits
-2_3B+K: oki, mixup tool
-SS: anti-step, mixup tool
-6b8K, 66BB: block punishment
-22A, 22(B), 22BA, 3B, B+K: whiff punishment

4. Easy/Intermediate/Hard in terms of execution?
-Hard (relative to the rest of the cast so far)

5. Easy/Intermediate/Hard in terms of gameplan and complexity?
-Intermediate

6. Overall archtype / what kind of player the character will suit?
-Zoner/grappler
-Suits people who are pure evil

Last edited:
The main thing with the new Ivy is that it's better to keep people at mid to long range as she can struggle with people rushing her down.

What are the best attacks to use for SS/CS buffering?
Any guard break attack. Long animations and + on block is a good setup for SS/Launcher mixup.

Guard burst > CS is also good. Unfortunately SS will go over their heads. EDIT: SS can hit if the guard burst leaves them close enough.

AA LH combos into CS (they can still break it).

Last edited:
Does anyone have an idea how long it will take to get the frame data of should I start crunching numbers?

Anyone else find it weird on how sc 6bb whiff on second hit for "apparantly" no reason? This need a fix imo.

Beside I love the new moves she got animations and cie including the one I mentioned above oc.

Last edited:
Back