Ivy Patch Notes 1.02 & 1.03 Discussion

Tira lost her core game mechanics (not sure if that the right term to use)... no more controllable mood swings. it's like playing a new character....

EDIT: and Tira isn't anywhere near Natsu tier pre-patched
I had forgotten about Tira... I ammend my original statement, Natsu was nerfed harder then Maxi... My bad xD

I was actually surprised the patch was hardly 6MB... I guess it's all just code and numbers anyways, didn't really need to eat up much memory...

I was actually surprised the patch was hardly 6MB... I guess it's all just code and numbers anyways, didn't really need to eat up much memory...

and it's those little 6 MB that will be making my life harder and the game more unbalanced. i'm beginning to wonder if this is turning out to be another one of those Dragon Age patch nightmares.... did Namco and Bioware merge when i wasn't looking?

I just feel so lost losing that FC1B bnb combo...such an important tool. I have to reinvent my game now. I guess I will have to take CS seriously now.

I just feel so lost losing that FC1B bnb combo...such an important tool. I have to reinvent my game now.
You make it sound like FC1B G 6B8 hasn't existed since SC1 or something. That and you only lose 3 damage without that BT B since FC1B and 6B8 do more damage now compared to prepatch.

You make it sound like FC1B G 6B8 hasn't existed since SC1 or something. That and you only lose 3 damage without that BT B since FC1B and 6B8 do more damage now compared to prepatch.
The timing of 6B8 is killing me, though... I always used this combo before, almost perfect everytime, but for some reason, I can't pull it off in SCV...

The timing of 6B8 is killing me, though... I always used this combo before, almost perfect everytime, but for some reason, I can't pull it off in SCV...

What kills me most is when the camera goes wonky.
the BT B gave you enough time to figure out which side they will land on...
now you're just at the mercy of the camera

I had trouble with this at first too, even though it was easy in earlier SCs. What I used to do was FC 1B, then hold G until Ivy turned, then do 6B8. That doesn't work anymore. Instead, do FC 1B, then when they go over Ivy's head tap G and do 6B8 immediately. Don't watch to see if she turns around; it will make you do the input too slow. In fact, it may be easier to think of it as one input. G6B8.

I've got nothing to help camera/wall issues yet, though.

I had trouble with this at first too, even though it was easy in earlier SCs. What I used to do was FC 1B, then hold G until Ivy turned, then do 6B8. That doesn't work anymore. Instead, do FC 1B, then when they go over Ivy's head tap G and do 6B8 immediately. Don't watch to see if she turns around; it will make you do the input too slow. In fact, it may be easier to think of it as one input. G6B8.

I tried this already -- i'm having trouble timing the G to be honest. I always input it too early.

It's one of those inputs that I know I can 100% though. /backtothelab

I feel like for all our techniques, it's really going to come down to muscle memory.
If it helps, try counting or something to get yourself started.
When I first started practicing this, I would say outloud "onethousand" right as my FC1B hits because there seems to be almost a second delay before you can do the 6B8 (if you're holding guard).

If you do this a bunch of times, your memory will just register that it is the correct time to do it.
now I don't need to count anymore...it just happens.

That's what I was thinking too, I didn't seem to have a problem with it in previous SCs... Before I would just hold G, wait for Ivy to turn around, and immediately Ivy Lick, no problem... Now I can't seem to get it right... Still practicing it right now, probably more than CS...

Hey Ivy-players!
I have a serious question about Ivys patched CE. Don't you think that her CE might turn out as a little too strong now?
It's completely ok (and it was necessary tbh) that you can't duck it anymore during the freeze, but I think the speed was 'maybe' one buff too much. 100dmg for a non-reactable, non-breakable and non-blockable i21 throw?
How would you fight against an Ivy that has 200% of meter at closerange? You can't just 2A, 2K and interrupt her with TC or TJ, can you?
I'm really interested in what you think of it now.

Hey Ivy-players!
I have a serious question about Ivys patched CE. Don't you think that her CE might turn out as a little too strong now?
It's completely ok (and it was necessary tbh) that you can't duck it anymore during the freeze, but I think the speed was 'maybe' one buff too much. 100dmg for a non-reactable, non-breakable and non-blockable i21 throw?
How would you fight against an Ivy that has 200% of meter at closerange? You can't just 2A, 2K and interrupt her with TC or TJ, can you?
I'm really interested in what you think of it now.

I've actually tried this a couple times tonight. I got interrupted several times, it's definitely not meant to be thrown out at anytime, however after moves that have minus frames on block or hit, this CE does seem pretty strong now.

Short answer is, it's too early to tell. We'll have to wait for another major tournament, if Ivies start winning left and right using this CE, I'm sure the developers will address this at a later time.

If Ivys' start winning left and right using this CE, I'm sure the developers will address this at a later time.
810928-lmao_super.jpg

I wouldn't "LMAO" too hard...does FC 1B, BT B, 6B8 ring a bell? It is my full belief that got nerfed because of Link's performance at WB. I don't think it was game-breaking or consistent at all but it did get the axe for a more precise version of the same move. As far as the CE goes there seems to be a few moves like Neo said that can cause a problem with this. I've read somewhere that the new 66 /A/ is something like +10 on hit, combine that with the CE which is now i18 and who knows...

Honestly, I didn't like the idea of CE throw from the very beginning. With the patched CE her throw game has never been this strong. It's a good thing I guess because it compensates for her low NH damage. At least CE has very short reach so it won't even be able to punish some moves.

Asta's CE seems even better - it has hidden startup, same speed and 2x range and more damage. Ugh...

Apparently, the belief among peers is that now Ivy is top 5 due to her patch changes and the changes that everyone else has had to endure. What do you all think? I don't believe she is top 5... I mean, I love her and all but jeez.

And, I don't think Link's performance at WB made them nerf anything about this character that they weren't already intent on changing before the game was released.

It seems its something they overlook with that move every SC...I remember the infinite from SCIV lol...I don't think they were intent on changing things but stuff happens during the course of discovery and I am quite sure the new discovery process is gonna uncover a lot more they didn't "intend".

Back