Ivy SCIV->SCV Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normal hit CL 3B>3K works. So something like CL 3B>8B+K is possible. link

Btw did anyone notice when Ivy does CE, normally the display says Critical Edge, but in her case it follows with guard impact label. wierd..

CL 3B seems just like in BD. The combo on NH is only possible at close range. It doesn't launch high enough, so at mid range the air throw whiffs.

I mean I don't like the yellow glow but we can discuss that elsewhere.

These videos have me very excited though.

I am disappointed that we have not seen WP 6AA yet. :( I thought that move was very iconic for her.

I am also disappointed that while, she looks like a lot of fun, we have yet to see any new stuff.

yeah im hoping for some new things too besides differences in moves we have seen
im hoping 6AA is in there too that will add another range move for her to make sure she doesnt have to be close to fight effectively now

http://www14.atwiki.jp/soulcalibur_v/pages/17.html

Google translate for the time being...:/

Based on the details Sosuhi posted, Ill build on the list here. Things that made little sense or we already kno was not added here.

Basic:
-Holds button to extend as WP.
-SE stance removed.

Horizontals:
ws [A] has more range than the past WP ws A.
11_77A is CL 22_88A (collapse down hit on CH)
44[A] is WP 22_88A

Verticals:
BB is SW BB.
[ B ]B is WP BB.
3B is CL 3B.
6B is CL 6B.
6[B ] is WP 6B+K
1B is the SW 6[B ]
1B, A+B+K followup is BE ( followup is a single B jab.)
bK is SW 214K.
FC 1B is a new move which works like SW WS B.
FC 1[B ]B is WP ws BB.
33_99B is CL 66B. BE supported...?
66B is CL 33_99B.
66B, A+B+K: BE followup ppl see in the Tira vs Ivy vid.
22_88B, A+B+K: BE followup is SE A236A's 2nd hit.
22_88[B ] is WP 33_99[B ] followups into SE BBB.

Kicks:
1K is SW 2A+K.
66_33_99K is WP 66K.
44_11_77 is SW 44K

Simultaneous A+B moves:
WP 3A+B cancelled with G.
2A+B is SW 3B.
1A+B is SW1/2/3A+B.
4A+B is WP 4A+B.
9A+BB is CL236BB
9A+B, [B ] 2nd hit is the WP version of CL236BB.
44A+B is SW A+B.

Simultaneous B+K moves:
B+K is WP 66A+B
6B+K is SW 6A+B
4B+K is CL 4A+B
1/2/3B+K is SW 1/2/3B+K
7/8/9B+K is WP 1/2/3B+K

Throws:
A+G, unsure if it ROs.
A+G, A+B+K is BE ( believe this is SS)
28284666B+G Criminal Symphony

Moves claim to witness but dunno how to perform:
SW 11_77B
WP 1AA
SW FC 3B
Comic con jump WP spinny move that ends with WP extension

28284666B+G Criminal Symphony

I really hope this wont be the command throw in the final version. It looks really easy but could make CS impractical to use. Now with 8 inputs and the inputs going from one end to the other there will be alot of "dancing" when try to buffer this move.

If the buffering system is like in sc3 then I don't think this will be much of a problem, it will be much easier on the thumbs, but if the buffering system is like in SC4 where you have to buffer everything at once I don't think CS will be used as much.

ive gotta say im not keen on the input for criminal symphony
i just tried to do it now on my controller,it seems really strange
and i think the live show has come on now,ill be looking out for ivy and tira!i might just watch them all,well see if there really are bad things with them that will need sorting after all

lol charge SW 3K. ye was watching the stream while its still on.
Linkrkc is gonna love this game =)

edit: Since 214K is now bK, no wonder it's hard to do after 22K. It requires RCC.

edit 2: No, now it looks to me that 22K sends them too far away on hit, just like in SC1. 9B was guaranteed in that game after the sweep, not sure about SCV.

Also bad news, in the video SW 9B on CH no longer stunned. But 4K stuns like in SC3 :) awesome.

I only saw as much as u noted there Ring. Now watching the 2nd half of the offline stream bcos I had to sleep.
Wonder if I miss anything after seeing Asta keep playing over and over lol.

Edit: Malek trolling ppl with 214A UB which does like 120 dmg lol.

The input changes from 214K into bK is dumb... accessible namco? Well bK is weak already.

i think the bK input for 214K is dumb it doesnt make sense,its just a kick so why the b,that will probably confuse me for a while when i play SCV

i dont like that 9B doesnt stun on CH anymore because that means theres not all that much point in using it now unless after 4K or something,in SC4 i only used it after a move it that was the only followup and for fishing for CH's
ill have to try watch the stream again,ive actually pretty much forgot what i saw already,im terrible!

her 3K has come back from SC3/2 the one that you could hold for a stun and then SW 214K after
oh yeah it seemed her CE was been relied on too much,i hope she doesnt have to fight like that too much on release

overall ivy seemed about mid-high tier,what do you others think though?

I just made an opinion somewhere outside of the Ivy forum and used Astaroth as an example...and the moderators slam their mighty hammer onto me as another typical Ivy whiner. Here... is probably the safe zone to express ur disgression of what u dont like. Mods out there working endless hrs sorting trash sadly are like robots....pretty much. >_>

My thoughts (subject to change):

I dont want most of my reward to come from CE but from my old fashioned mid stuns and low starters OR even from BEs. (This statement should belong in the CE thread lol). Until I get my hands on her... thats all...

Kerrod: The system may favor her, but imo it may look ugly the way it is played.

yeah i read that post you made in the SCV invitation thread davo,it was a valid point
and to me astaroth does seem rather overpowered,ones things for sure he sure will be annoying in SCV more than 4
its still a bit dodgy to say stuff like this because its a demo but it sure gives us a feel of what the characters will be like

Based from watching scud and malek Ivy in here

BE grab SS can be broken.
4A+BB on CH does not combo.
CL WS B on CH does not KD.
SW 2A+K is punishable by Mitsu WS B.
CL A+B,A's 3rd hit seems to miss easily.
CE startup from wakeup will def lose to meaties.

SE A+B is very dangerous.... if they stay too close to wait for it to come out. If they misjudge the distance or hesitate and get trapped, its one chunk of life gone. Its quite underated... effective as keepout and retreat move. O.O

Based from watching scud and malek Ivy in here

BE grab SS can be broken.
4A+BB on CH does not combo.
CL WS B on CH does not KD.
SW 2A+K is punishable by Mitsu WS B.
CL A+B,A's 3rd hit seems to miss easily.
CE startup from wakeup will def lose to meaties.

SE A+B is very dangerous.... if they stay too close to wait for it to come out. If they misjudge the distance or hesitate and get trapped, its one chunk of life gone. Its quite underated... effective as keepout and retreat move. O.O

Great gameplay to watch. Although, the whole time Scud was playing I felt like screaming at the screen "Use something other than 6B!"

Cant blame him, day1 SCV and it was team battle. Use what is reliable and win was key. 6[ B ] and 6[A] was probably the only reliable pushback tool ppl found so far...

Ivy has improved alot. I just wonder how the maoves are gonna be in her stances the gave her................................

IZZY:)

I just hate spamming like that. Its not fun to watch.

A couple of other things:

1. Is her speech volume all wacked? I could barely hear her say "extend" "submit!" and "would you like some more?"

2. Is there any chance at all that the devs could introduce stances at this point? I love the way she plays but I would like the SS SE or ST to mix things up...

rezildur i want them to bring back her spiral stances or SE too but i dont think they will
i think they might be counting ivy as done unless they got another wishlist from us or something to change sme things
or they got a lot of people saying things or complaining,and i dont think therell be loads of people saying things besides us until release

ye it does seem lower than before.

The funny thing is, nearly all her SE stance moves r doable on neutral. Except for shoulder barge, SE A236A and B. If they make another stance, theres a worry they'd put the current neutral SE moves back into a stance...pls no.

kerrod, Id agree its voicing out to daishi is overdued... damn Im such a hypocrite....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back